+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to apply for open work permit

Alpit

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have some questions regarding work permit and pr application. I applied for pr application under provincial nominee program on august 31st ,2016. recently I got AOR . On the other side, my girlfriend applied for pr application under provincial nominee program on September ,2016 and she also got AOR. Both of us has closed work permit until 2018 . I am not getting enough hours to survive in my job so I want to apply for open work permit so I have some questions:-
(1) should I get marry to my girl friend and be dependent on her and apply for open work permit. Am I eligible for that? I am ready to withdraw my file? or
(2) can I apply for open work permit using AOR ? but my work permit will be expired in 2018.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Alpit said:
Hello everyone,
I have some questions regarding work permit and pr application. I applied for pr application under provincial nominee program on august 31st ,2016. recently I got AOR . On the other side, my girlfriend applied for pr application under provincial nominee program on September ,2016 and she also got AOR. Both of us has closed work permit until 2018 . I am not getting enough hours to survive in my job so I want to apply for open work permit so I have some questions:-
(1) should I get marry to my girl friend and be dependent on her and apply for open work permit. Am I eligible for that? I am ready to withdraw my file? or
(2) can I apply for open work permit using AOR ? but my work permit will be expired in 2018.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
1) If you change your martial status the PR application will need to be updated and you might need to pay fees if you will be going under her.This might take a bit longer than usual processing time.
2) Look at your nomination letter, under Employment Restriction:
if yes, you are eligible to apply for closed work permit
if no, you are eligible to apply for Bridging work permit

In your case it is not relevant yet because it is far from expiration day of your work permit

Wait the way you are right now if you can

Mark me as good if I helped

Anton

Alpit

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
anton1990 said:
1) If you change your martial status the PR application will need to be updated and you might need to pay fees if you will be going under her.This might take a bit longer than usual processing time.
2) Look at your nomination letter, under Employment Restriction:
if yes, you are eligible to apply for closed work permit
if no, you are eligible to apply for Bridging work permit

In your case it is not relevant yet because it is far from expiration day of your work permit

Wait the way you are right now if you can

Mark me as good if I helped

Anton
Thanks for your advice .