+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on AINP, post-graduate work permit about to expire

LezLee58

Jul 17, 2014
Hello guys, I applied for the AINP and still waiting for a response. Recent immigration changes in Canada have made it very difficult to get my employer to apply for an LMIA (formerly LMO). I feel like i'm running out of options because my Post Graduate Work Permit expires Sep 10, 2014. The current processing times for AINP changed recently too from 6 months to between 8 and 12 months. Shocked Anyone been in this situation before?

Applied for AINP: March 1, 2014
Received: March 13, 2014
Nomination: Still waiting!

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LezLee58 said:
Hello guys, I applied for the AINP and still waiting for a response. Recent immigration changes in Canada have made it very difficult to get my employer to apply for an LMIA (formerly LMO). I feel like i'm running out of options because my Post Graduate Work Permit expires Sep 10, 2014. The current processing times for AINP changed recently too from 6 months to between 8 and 12 months. Shocked Anyone been in this situation before?

There's about hundreds or even thousands of people in your case, including me, and there's nothing we can do but wait. When your visa will expire, you have to stop working and you have 90 days to get another work permit or receive your nomination and apply for restoration of status and then another work permit. Good luck...

Annana

Jul 26, 2014
LezLee58 said:

Same situation, mine is expiring Sep 30th, and my employer still haven't decide to apply for LMO or not. I asked some consulting company, they told me the only option is to get a LMO then extend my work permit, so I have to convince my employer or AINP will be refused, and I lost my only chance. If you are not employer-driven stream, then you can probably find any open LMO with a new employer.

Applied for AINP: March 28, 2014
Received: April 16,2014
File number: July 7,2014
Decision: waiting