+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting in IP2, lets connect here!

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
All the best for all of you guys!
those who are waiting in IP2 for more than 2 week, i suggest you to write to CIC asking about ur status... it might speed up the process. cause i have mailed they on sunday canada time and got reply and PPR by monday evening. may be it is coincidence. but I think there is no harm in calling or writing to them...

All the best guys!!

Reactions: rjegankumar

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
All the best for all of you guys!
those who are waiting in IP2 for more than 2 week, i suggest you to write to CIC asking about ur status... it might speed up the process. cause i have mailed they on sunday canada time and got reply and PPR by monday evening. may be it is coincidence. but I think there is no harm in calling or writing to them...

All the best guys!!

what was the body of the email if u can suggest

k81p

Apr 24, 2017
Do you know your visa office? Have you tried contacting them yet? If not, send an email to:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Title: application number-visa office enquiry
In the email body, ask them nicely about your visa office and if possible status update
At the end, you MUST mention
-stream
-last name
-given names
-UCI #
- DOB
You should recieve a response within a day or 2
Let me know what they say
Good luck
hello @dr feras

so i mailed them as you suggested... heres the reply i received. wonder what to make of it. ur inputs are welcome.

"Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.
Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx"

and soon after i received this email, my application status in my cic account showed a small change... it now reads that they do not require any additional documents from us. all this time it read that the additional documents we provided were being reviewed.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
hello @dr feras

so i mailed them as you suggested... heres the reply i received. wonder what to make of it. ur inputs are welcome.

"Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.
Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx"

and soon after i received this email, my application status in my cic account showed a small change... it now reads that they do not require any additional documents from us. all this time it read that the additional documents we provided were being reviewed.
My first ever email to them, i got exactly same reply, i was still in ip1 for 2 weeks. Few days later I went into N2 fir 4 days and then changed to ip2 and additional docs not needed. I also got to know later that my file was sent to ottawa.
Thats a very good thing to see your additional docs change to not needed. Hopefully means you passed eligibility and ip2 should be soon. Keep an eye on your status :)

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
@dr feras , do you remember the wording of your background check during IP1 and IP2

I suspect the IP1 and IP2 wordings are same "We are procezsing your background check.... ". I recently read a thread which also suggested that the wordings are same.

Possible many of us are still in IP1 including me. Further, I believe, in these cases, the additional documents status may also provide a hint. Example, "We do not need any additional documents" may hint that you are very close to PPR and in IP2. For the status "The additional documents you have provided beung reviewed" possibly indicate IP1.

Note: this is just my theory.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
@dr feras , do you remember the wording of your background check during IP1 and IP2

I suspect the IP1 and IP2 wordings are same "We are procezsing your background check.... ". I recently read a thread which also suggested that the wordings are same.

Possible many of us are still in IP1 including me. Further, I believe, in these cases, the additional documents status may also provide a hint. Example, "We do not need any additional documents" may hint that you are very close to PPR and in IP2. For the status "The additional documents you have provided beung reviewed" possibly indicate IP1.

Note: this is just my theory.
Most of the time yes, additional documents status helps, when reviewing basically you are still in ip1/NA2, meaning didnt pass eligibility yet.
Wording in my case for background check was:
IP1 -> your application is in progress we will send you a msg when we start your background check
IP2 -> we are processing your background check

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I've been in NA2 since July 13. My additional documents changed few days ago from we do not need to we need we will send a message. What do you make of this?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I've been in NA2 since July 13. My additional documents changed few days ago from we do not need to we need we will send a message. What do you make of this?
Not sure, but seeing changes is a good sign, good news might be round the corner :)

saady89

Aug 18, 2017
Waiting on IP2 since 15th Aug. The status on Additional Documents says, we are reviewing additional documents you provided.

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
Mine got changed this morning to "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded"... I have not uploaded anything and my application is already approved according to an agent.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
No, on monday, an agent told me that my app is approved. Any thought ?
Oh sorry, just read your sentence again. I think you mean a cic agent :D ok thats very good. Never mind that change in your status then, if it indicated anything, it might indicate that your ppr is soon man. Maybe very soon. Keep an eye on your email including junk folder.