+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting in IP2, lets connect here!

Nomgan2105

Sep 5, 2017
Thats a bit long for an outland fsw. Did you order gcms notes? Or were you able to know from cic at what stage is your application stuck now?
My current status is as below:

Application Status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thought of writing to CPC Ottawa. However, I am using a consultant and do not know the email registered with CIC. Can I use my personal email address for the enquiry? Should I mention it in my email that I am using my personal one since I do not know the one used by consultant? And sadly my consultant is out of station at the moment and will be back tomorrow. Please help.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My current status is as below:

Application Status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thought of writing to CPC Ottawa. However, I am using a consultant and do not know the email registered with CIC. Can I use my personal email address for the enquiry? Should I mention it in my email that I am using my personal one since I do not know the one used by consultant? And sadly my consultant is out of station at the moment and will be back tomorrow. Please help.
You are most likely at IP2. However, sadly because you are using a consultant you wont be able to mail them, most likely they will only respond to the registered email in the online profile. Your best bet is to either order gcms notes or try calling them 8 am ottawa time if you have your details like application number and UCI.

Canada822

May 30, 2017
Hey guys, just got my passport request email (PPR) :) Last week on 08/31 I got an email response from CIC that my application was approved, and I should receive this request email shortly. And I received the email in less than a week. I strongly believe that you all will get your emails too, just be a little patient and try emailing, calling etc. to get more information, but not too much as it might affect your application negatively. But, overall, be a little more patient, you'll get it sooner rather than later. That has been the case for many members on this forum. All the best!
can you tell me how long did cic take to answer your email

simran.001

May 15, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
You are most likely at IP2. However, sadly because you are using a consultant you wont be able to mail them, most likely they will only respond to the registered email in the online profile. Your best bet is to either order gcms notes or try calling them 8 am ottawa time if you have your details like application number and UCI.
Hello, I want to correct u HERE, I'm also using a consultant, and I emailed them(Ottawa) a month ago from my personal email id to ask about my visa office, they replied me within 24 hours not my consultant.
Thanks !!

RedDevil21

Aug 10, 2017
Had spoken to a CIC agent last Tuesday, who updated that security and eligibility clearance were all complete & passed and for now no action was required from my side and all I must do is "wait for further instructions".

Still waiting for final email, reaching 90 days post AOR even with Ottawa as VO. Getting super frustrated now !!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello, I want to correct u HERE, I'm also using a consultant, and I emailed them(Ottawa) a month ago from my personal email id to ask about my visa office, they replied me within 24 hours not my consultant.
Thanks !!
Good for you! You are lucky, however thats not always the case. Same way some agents will tell you you are approved just wait for instructions, and some will just say i cant give you status and you are within our regulatory timeline. Such things related to contacting cic depends a lot on luck and which agent handles your query. Anyways he/she can always try, nothing to lose.

Nomgan2105

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks !!
Did you clarify in your email why you sending from a different email id? Or just the enquiry and was their response satisfactory? Can you please share your timeline also

Reactions: simran.001

Nomgan2105

Sep 5, 2017
I have my UCI.. Will that suffice?

simran.001

May 15, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
Did you clarify in your email why you sending from a different email id? Or just the enquiry and was their response satisfactory? Can you please share your timeline also
No I jus simply sent an email with my inquiry and info in it!!

Reactions: Nomgan2105