+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR

HarryF

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Hello all.

I am currently in Vancouver with a valid Working Holiday Visa moving here from the UK on May 17th. I applied for this fairly recently as a back-up to my ongoing PR application.

July 10th will be six months since I sent my PR application and I still haven't heard anything so far from them (aside from passing my medical). No background checks or anything have started.

Two weeks ago I decided to let them know I'm in Vancouver (via Case-Specific Enquiry), sent them my apartment contract and bank account statement from here and I also mentioned that I hope I am fortunate enough to get my PR. I've been extremely open with them and keen to send every file I can think of but I'm a little concerned about the upcoming six month mark.

Has anyone had to wait longer than six months to hear about their PR application?

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
To answer your last question, there is an entire thread dedicated to those waiting for PR beyond the 6 months point:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.0.html

I would recommend ordering gcms notes, especially since you are in Canada and it costs only $5.

Don't worry and good luck!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
artray said:
To answer your last question, there is an entire thread dedicated to those waiting for PR beyond the 6 months point:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.0.html

I would recommend ordering gcms notes, especially since you are in Canada and it costs only $5.

Don't worry and good luck!
It's free if you're in Canada and order it for yourself!

HarryF

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Thanks guys I'll be sure to do that. It looks like a lot of folk who submitted their PR in January 2016 haven't heard back yet either.