+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srihari ram said:
Yes. My friend(Kiranmayi) has received on 06th April. Actually her PR card was mailed on 04th April and surprisingly with in 2 days she received that. My card was also mailed on the same day, but i didn't receive it yet :(.
You are 3 months behind, lol.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hate this scenario where the *censored word* government can't even send such an important document with tracking. Who do I sue for the loss of time and money (flight tickets) in this scenario?

I agree. I think they should send important documents by registered mail or courier. I am also quite frustrated with the whole thing.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
I couldn't agree with you more! We planned on flying on July 22nd and I think we have postpone our plans because of this stupid, idiotic, totally unprofessional set of acts by both Canada Post and CIC. It is costing me money as well to change my flights and I just wish there was a way we could sue someone for our losses. I honestly think I can get such important documents (such as PR, Passport etc.) in a more timely manner in my home country.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
I couldn't agree with you more! We planned on flying on July 22nd and I think we have postpone our plans because of this stupid, idiotic, totally unprofessional set of acts by both Canada Post and CIC. It is costing me money as well to change my flights and I just wish there was a way we could sue someone for our losses. I honestly think I can get such important documents (such as PR, Passport etc.) in a more timely manner in my home country.
I agree. When I came to Canada in 2007 on a student visa, the Canadian Embassy in Uk asked me to give them a pre-paid envelope so they could send me my student visa (well, letter saying it was approved). I can't understand why CIC here can't do the same. I mean common that was the Canadian Embassy in London! Why can't they have such things in place here? It just beats me.

As I said, we should start a petition or something. We're pissed off but imagine those waiting on permits and COPR.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
I am so upset with their stupid methods and lack of contingency plans, it seems that they don't care about immigrants at all, in ****ing BC, without PR card, we are treated like illegal refugees!
Both parties of the Canada Post are plain stupid, they will bankrupt the whole business and burn it to ground, I wouldn't mind much if it was just bills or online orders but I am considered a nobody without PR here. It is just making me crazy!

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here; I purchased my flight tickets for next week's departure months ago, and now I have to cancel it for a high cancellation fee. I blame CIC rather than Canada Post. They've got to fight for what they see valuable for their future of their company or employees and they should do it the best way they can, even if that requires long negotiations. CIC (IRCC), however, did not take any action despite the warnings given by Canada Post in advance, up until July 5. They knew about this potential disruption, and they had lots of time to plan ahead. They waited until July 5 only to announce that their "measure" is to stop mailing out the documents.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
I blame both CIC and Canada Post for this. I think CIC should have a plan B and also think Canada Post i(both union and company) are being stupid because people are switching to couriers and probably won't go back to Canada post after all this fiasco.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
and one thing lot people don't understand is that all this waiting and constant delays plus all these bad news actually have a negative impact on ones personal life as well. Since last month or so, I have been constantly worried about my wife's PR and it has impacted my work life PLUS my personal life as well. Such a big organisation like CIC and Canada Post are acting worse than a badly run kitchen IMO

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
and one thing lot people don't understand is that all this waiting and constant delays plus all these bad news actually have a negative impact on ones personal life as well. Since last month or so, I have been constantly worried about my wife's PR and it has impacted my work life PLUS my personal life as well. Such a big organisation like CIC and Canada Post are acting worse than a badly run kitchen IMO
I agree. But think about it: the fact that CIC doesn't spend $15 of our $490 PR fee for a trackable mail for sending our PR cards says a lot about how much they care about our personal ease of mind.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MySky said:
I agree. But think about it: the fact that CIC doesn't spend $15 of our $490 PR fee for a trackable mail for sending our PR cards says a lot about how much they care about our personal ease of mind.
Agreed. Well, think about the long 19 months waiting for news on our applications. Man that was not fun! Also, well, even if we had to freaking send them a pre-paid envelope, most of us would. But better keep us worried and anxious over a possible postal strike or lockout. It's quite ironic how in this digital age, we are freaking out about the postal service.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
I agree with you.
Well I am fed of all this negligence and stupidity to be honest. I told my wife we just have to wait for the card now instead of shedding tears over a situation which obviously is NOT our fault. What CIC is doing is also somewhat unfair. I have heard some people who actually landed in May got their PR cards already. Well how come ours are taking so long as compared to some of the other members on this forum? There is no level of consistency in their work ethics.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
I agree with you.
Well I am fed of all this negligence and stupidity to be honest. I told my wife we just have to wait for the card now instead of shedding tears over a situation which obviously is NOT our fault. What CIC is doing is also somewhat unfair. I have heard some people who actually landed in May got their PR cards already. Well how come ours are taking so long as compared to some of the other members on this forum? There is no level of consistency in their work ethics.
Agreed! Not fair in any way. Also, yeah some people that landed in May got their cards and ours seem to moving at snail pace or something. I don't know. I also blame Canada Post. If CIC mailed our cards between June 24-27 what the freaking heck are they doing? Problem is that they slowed down big time and now we might face a lock out which would bring more work disruptions, great! just great!

AJMJ

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
I landed in Ottawa on 25-Jun. The officer just asked my mailing address for sending PR Cards. They did not ask for any paper or online application. Is it okay or do I need to apply myself? Best Regards, AJ

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
AJMJ said:
Hi,
I landed in Ottawa on 25-Jun. The officer just asked my mailing address for sending PR Cards. They did not ask for any paper or online application. Is it okay or do I need to apply myself? Best Regards, AJ
No. You don't have to apply or pay fees. Your card will be mailed to you. This is for first time cards. You have to go through the application process when you renew your card, but not now.

hooman_m

Oct 31, 2014
I hope you get your card asap. may i ask what was the dimention of the photo you submitted? 35*45 or 50*70 and did they ask you to resubmit photo?
tyrionLannister said:
I have been talking to a supervisor from Canada post regarding this issue.

They said, they only move letters on weekends, they only deliver on weekdays.

The service wont be interrupted but it was slowed down because of the past week of CUPW/Canada post negotiations.

I had unfortunately booked a non-refundable ticket and now am quite horribly stuck where I am going to Italy and have no idea where to go to get a PRTD which I required to return back to Canada. I have a Visitor Visa on my passport as well as the crossed-out PR card stamp + COPR, on an Indian passport. I have talked to aiport border authorities regarding this matter and they said that the Visitor visa in internal invalidated when one becomes a PR but it is on the total discretion of the immigration officer whether to let you proceed or not.

Arrival in Canada as PR: 26 April at Edmonton Airport, officer at airport mentioned 49-60 days to process PR.

CIC on last week of June says PR has been processed and dispatched as of 24th June.

Today is 8th July and have got nothing in Mail nor can this be located.

Hate this scenario where the *censored word* government can't even send such an important document with tracking. Who do I sue for the loss of time and money (flight tickets) in this scenario?

I have been talking to multiple people regarding any help and there is none. They have no way of locating where it is or how far it has reached in its journey.