Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
It could be a possible mistake too. Just imagine, 2 people having same name could be mistaken.

The email says "This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada". This step was done a year ago, and if this wasn't done, how could i land in Canada?

Further, rejection or approval of amount is done at the time before giving landing papers and visa. Its been a year and after an year they its suspicious if you hear your payment was rejected. A high commission can't do simple mistakes like validating the payment so late.

Thirdly, they could have called me since I am already in the database of CIC. They have my numbers and my address. Once someone comes to Canada, Immigration sends them postal mails for every correspondence, be it PR related photos or any issues or any other citizenship issues. This is an email i received, which we do for correspondence before our PR is approved.

Please suggest upon my points.
Yes, you are right. Raise a CSE explaining about your email then.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
It could be a possible mistake too. Just imagine, 2 people having same name could be mistaken.

The email says "This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada". This step was done a year ago, and if this wasn't done, how could i land in Canada?

Further, rejection or approval of amount is done at the time before giving landing papers and visa. Its been a year and after an year they its suspicious if you hear your payment was rejected. A high commission can't do simple mistakes like validating the payment so late.

Thirdly, they could have called me since I am already in the database of CIC. They have my numbers and my address. Once someone comes to Canada, Immigration sends them postal mails for every correspondence, be it PR related photos or any issues or any other citizenship issues. This is an email i received, which we do for correspondence before our PR is approved.

Just a curious question. Did you also pay $980 (you and your dependent $490 each) by draft? Bit of the coincidence if it was sent to you by mistake..

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:

This is off-topic and irrelevant to this thread to be honest. So I'd rather remain faithful to the topic and have my last comment on this:

You can talk to your bank to find out what has caused the rejection (insufficient funds, wrong format of payment method, errors in the draft, etc.).
There could be an explanation for all the items you mentioned:
1 and 2: Drafts might be time consuming to be processed, especially those coming from other countries. So if your draft was sent to Canada, chances are that they actually took all this time before finding out that they could not deposit it in their account.
3: If I learnt one thing from Immigration Canada, it is that different departments do not talk to each other. So they may have wanted Warsaw to follow up on this, and their Warsaw office does not have your Canadian contact information.

Now, out of curiosity, the email says a bank draft is accepted if drawn on a "Canadian bank account". Was you draft drawn on a Canadian bank account? If not, we may have the answer right there.

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
sarad1 said:
Just a curious question. Did you also pay $980 (you and your dependent $490 each) by draft? Bit of the coincidence if it was sent to you by mistake..
Yes, me and my spouse paid the total amount of CA$ 980 in a single draft.

Just imagine, 2 years later they send an email asking the IELTS which you gave earlier has expired and need a new one. It would look irrelevant. The same thing i guess applies here. Asking for photo for PR card is obvious because we move ahead in process. Usually such big identities don't go back looking at the process and asking for the things again.

What should i do then? Still not sure : (

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
MySky said:
This is off-topic and irrelevant to this thread to be honest. So I'd rather remain faithful to the topic and have my last comment on this:

You can talk to your bank to find out what has caused the rejection (insufficient funds, wrong format of payment method, errors in the draft, etc.).
There could be an explanation for all the items you mentioned:
1 and 2: Drafts might be time-consuming to be processed, especially those coming from other countries. So if your draft was sent to Canada, chances are that they actually took all this time before finding out that they could not deposit it in their account.
3: If I learned one thing from Immigration Canada, it is that different departments do not talk to each other. So they may have wanted Warsaw to follow up on this, and their Warsaw office does not have your Canadian contact information.

Now, out of curiosity, the email says a bank draft is accepted if drawn on a "Canadian bank account". Were you draft drawn on a Canadian bank account? If not, we may have the answer right there.
I understand this is off-topic but the reason I posted here is those who are in this thread are already in Canada and waiting for PR like me. Thanks anyways for your understanding and suggesting me.

Well, all the drafts which were sent before were in the name of "Receiver general of Canada" and were drawn on a Canadian bank, I think it was probably for Royal Bank of Canada (RBC).

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
mel713 said:
Just made a trip to my local Canada post outlet asked them to check if they have ever received any mail from CIC regarding my card. They didn't get any and asked if I have a tracking number.

I thought the pr card would be sent by regular mail from Sydney NS, is that correct? Does the mail have a tracking number on it at all?

I am in Calgary and the agent from my outlet said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive a regular mail sent from Sydney. It will be exactly 3 weeks since my card was out from CIC but I still don't hear anything by now. So worried if the card is getting stuck somewhere in Canada Post.
CIC mail doesn't have a tracking number as it sent through regular mail, just like your COPR and work permits,etc. Last time they sent me mail, it took 7 days. That was my COPR (It took 7 days to reach me in Calgary). I assume the PR would take about the same.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does anyone her ... receive PR after 1st July ??

the processing time updated and still 57 days ... updated date is 4 July

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
mel713 said:
Just made a trip to my local Canada post outlet asked them to check if they have ever received any mail from CIC regarding my card. They didn't get any and asked if I have a tracking number.

I thought the pr card would be sent by regular mail from Sydney NS, is that correct? Does the mail have a tracking number on it at all?

I am in Calgary and the agent from my outlet said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive a regular mail sent from Sydney. It will be exactly 3 weeks since my card was out from CIC but I still don't hear anything by now. So worried if the card is getting stuck somewhere in Canada Post.
I am in the same boat. My wife's PR card was mailed over 2 weeks ago, according to the call center agent, but we still haven't received it. I have no idea how to track this..... Does the Canada Post Lockout have anything to do with this?

I remember that it only took 5-6 bussiness days for my PR card to come to the GTA from Sydney, NS.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone received anything from CIC in the past 2 weeks by mail? I highly doubt that the Canada Post employees are working. They are having a nice excuse to chill out in their post office... :D

khurram440

Dec 12, 2014
Landed on 7th May 2016.... Well past 57 days of processing time. Just spoke to CIC agent and was informed that it takes 57 days of processing time + 10 days for postal service to deliver. So its a total of 67 days and so I have to wait till 13th July to receive it - provided Canada Post does not lockout its own employee!!! ::)

rjml123

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Med's Request
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-04-2016
Landed on 27th April.... When I called CIC they said the card was shipped out on June 24th (I called multiple times and the CIC agents all gave me the same shipping date)... Surely even regular mail cannot take this long to be delivered?

If it passes 6 week mark from the shipping date, I'm thinking I will fill out the solemn declaration form..

no other choice..good luck to everyone still waiting for their PR cards!

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
which phone number i have to call and check. i landed on march18th. i got mine as well as my wife. But for my kid they asked for a new photo, i also sent the same by june7th. but i havent received his pr card yet. please share the phone number to check

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
engMostafa said:
does anyone her ... receive PR after 1st July ??

the processing time updated and still 57 days ... updated date is 4 July

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Yes. My friend(Kiranmayi) has received on 06th April. Actually her PR card was mailed on 04th April and surprisingly with in 2 days she received that. My card was also mailed on the same day, but i didn't receive it yet :(.

rjml123

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Med's Request
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-04-2016
bharanim2003 said:
which phone number i have to call and check. i landed on march18th. i got mine as well as my wife. But for my kid they asked for a new photo, i also sent the same by june7th. but i havent received his pr card yet. please share the phone number to check
Hi bharanim,

The number is: 1-888-242-2100

You will hear various options. I followed the below

1. Call the number
2. Press 2 for following up on PR card
3. Then from the next set of options, press 3 for PR card
4. Then press 2 for new PRs
5. Finally press 0 to talk to CIC agent

Wait time on the phone is usually 5-10 mins. Keep in hand your UCI number. They will also ask you personal questions to confirm your identity.

Hopefully you get a good CIC agent. I've heard of some agents not cooperating/giving out information. Good luck!