10th February 2015
Med's Request
February 11th 2015
Med's Done....
February 20th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR January 27th 2015
Landed on January 30th 2016

Family of 5 have received 4 out of the 5 pr cards May 19th and we fly home in 4 weeks for a vacation!

We got a new photo request in April sent all 5 sets in same envelope. But 1 set not accounted for. No phone call nothing 5 phone calls later I was advise to send additional photos for our son which I did 4 weeks ago and still nothing. everytime I call they keep saying there waiting on photographs I dont know what to do!!!

Will they let you back in with just a copy of the COPR document we fly back 1st week September?

Anyone any experience of anyone sill waiting since January??

SUSANJJ

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi

Me and my husband landed on April 15 ,2016.it is 83 days now.we did not receive our PR card .I made call to cic and they they said wait until July 5.When I called up on July 5,they sent inquiry action to nova scotia,thats what they said over the phone.Is there any body on same stage?.Pls reply me.what will happen after inquiry action?

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
SUSANJJ said:
Hi

Me and my husband landed on April 15 ,2016.it is 83 days now.we did not receive our PR card .I made call to cic and they they said wait until July 5.When I called up on July 5,they sent inquiry action to nova scotia,thats what they said over the phone.Is there any body on same stage?.Pls reply me.what will happen after inquiry action?
I am on the same boat. Same response from the CIC agent as well...

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
I read on a different forum that one of the members confirmed with a CIC agent that PR Cards will be sent out via courier in case of a work stoppage at Canada Post, most likely they'll switch to Purolator, which is mostly owned by Canada Post

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
edmonton1985 said:
I read on a different forum that one of the members confirmed with a CIC agent that PR Cards will be sent out via courier in case of a work stoppage at Canada Post, most likely they'll switch to Purolator, which is mostly owned by Canada Post
I hope this is true. It will be great if they can continue to deliver their services during the lockout period. I hope it will rain PR cards this week. Make it rain Canada Post. :) ;) :D

Ca Postette

Jul 6, 2016
Hello, I received the request for new photos to continue processing my PR card. I re took them and sent them back with the photo specification document, on which it specified to return it with the new photos. I thought that was a bit odd since it had nothing more than my first and last name on it. Did I miss a document I was supposed to return it with? If so, would it be wise to just RE re take the photos and send them with the document?

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Eienkei said:
At least in BC you can't, ICBC does not accept COPR they only accept PR Cards, which is absolutely stupid... I don't know about other provinces.
Oh this sucks. In ON you can get everything with COPR only.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
No, this is incorrect. CIC will hold all the documents (including PR cards) until the canada post strike/lockout is over. No any switching to other courier will take place.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-07-06.asp

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Perhaps some good news? I got this email for Canada Post daily updates:

"Dear Canada Post customer,

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016, the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, MaryAnn Mihychuk, asked both Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW-Urban and CUPW-RSMC) to submit to binding arbitration to resolve the current impasse at negotiations. Canada Post agreed to voluntarily submit to binding arbitration as an opportunity for both parties to reach an acceptable resolution.

While negotiated settlements are always the preferred option, it has become clear that after seven months of negotiations, the parties remain far apart on key issues at the bargaining table. The uncertainty caused by the prolonged negotiations is having a severe impact on the business, our employees and our customers.

It is our hope that CUPW will consider submitting to binding arbitration to end the uncertainty. Canada Post is extending the current 72-hour notice period to Monday at 12:01 am to provide time for the union to consider this option. A quick resolution is in the best interest of our employees, our customers and the long-term future of the postal system.

We will continue to advise you of our progress. Thank you again for your business and your patience."

Swansong

Jul 7, 2016
Yes- "Effective July 5, 2016, IRCC will hold all non-urgent documents normally sent by mail until IRCC resumes using Canada Post services to avoid the risk of it not being processed by Canada Post in the event of a postal service disruption. PR cards will be mailed when IRCC resumes using Canada Post mail services".

It essentially means that ICRC is not shipping PR cards anymore and last PR card was shipped on or before July 5, 2016.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swansong said:
Yes- "Effective July 5, 2016, IRCC will hold all non-urgent documents normally sent by mail until IRCC resumes using Canada Post services to avoid the risk of it not being processed by Canada Post in the event of a postal service disruption. PR cards will be mailed when IRCC resumes using Canada Post mail services".

It essentially means that ICRC is not shipping PR cards anymore and last PR card was shipped on or before July 5, 2016.

this bad news

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Looks some people's PR card is getting delayed. However, a friend of mine who landed on April 20, got his PR Card on the last week of June. Close to 8 weeks. I landed on June 21st, hopefully I can receive mine by August.

rambe

Jun 22, 2016
PMC89 said:
Looks some people's PR card is getting delayed. However, a friend of mine who landed on April 20, got his PR Card on the last week of June. Close to 8 weeks. I landed on June 21st, hopefully I can receive mine by August.
Thank you for sharing good news, is your friend got the request for photo submission?

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
Perhaps some good news? I got this email for Canada Post daily updates:

"Dear Canada Post customer,

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016, the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, MaryAnn Mihychuk, asked both Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW-Urban and CUPW-RSMC) to submit to binding arbitration to resolve the current impasse at negotiations. Canada Post agreed to voluntarily submit to binding arbitration as an opportunity for both parties to reach an acceptable resolution.

While negotiated settlements are always the preferred option, it has become clear that after seven months of negotiations, the parties remain far apart on key issues at the bargaining table. The uncertainty caused by the prolonged negotiations is having a severe impact on the business, our employees and our customers.

It is our hope that CUPW will consider submitting to binding arbitration to end the uncertainty. Canada Post is extending the current 72-hour notice period to Monday at 12:01 am to provide time for the union to consider this option. A quick resolution is in the best interest of our employees, our customers and the long-term future of the postal system.

We will continue to advise you of our progress. Thank you again for your business and your patience."
It seems The union has rejected the offer. So we are back to square one. Only hope is that they reach some agreement before Monday.