+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softfuel12 said:
CIC's view: They have already spent designated time on your PR card application and found your application incomplete with the photographs not in the requested format.

Maybe I have a wrong perception here but I don't understand how difficult it is to get photographs with correct specification in the first place. When you receive CoPR there is an additional document dedicated entirely to specification of photographs.
Just to cite our personal example, all photos sent to date were exactly per specifications. IRCC never provides reasons for why photos are deemed unacceptable.

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
Deccan said:
Just to cite our personal example, all photos sent to date were exactly per specifications. IRCC never provides reasons for why photos are deemed unacceptable.
Wow, that's bizarre! I did my landing at nearby immigration office so they were very accommodating.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Deccan said:
I couldn't agree with you anymore. I measured and double checked my wife's initial photos and it was stamped by the photographer and she put her name and DOB on the back of it as well. They were of correct specifications and everything. I personally think it is a random thing that CIC does and they will never provide a reason as to which bit of the photos were deemed unacceptable.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
softfuel12 said:
CIC's view: They have already spent designated time on your PR card application and found your application incomplete with the photographs not in the requested format.

Maybe I have a wrong perception here but I don't understand how difficult it is to get photographs with correct specification in the first place. When you receive CoPR there is an additional document dedicated entirely to specification of photographs.
I am afraid to say but you might have a wrong perception there. I think some people on this forum have claimed that their photos were totally fine and YET they were rejected. As you said, it is not difficult at all to get the right photos taken. However, CIC should atleast let people know as to what is wrong with the picture so they DON'T REPEAT the same mistake again. Just a suggestion for them .

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
edmonton1985 said:
I couldn't agree with you anymore. I measured and double checked my wife's initial photos and it was stamped by the photographer and she put her name and DOB on the back of it as well. They were of correct specifications and everything. I personally think it is a random thing that CIC does and they will never provide a reason as to which bit of the photos were deemed unacceptable.
I totally agree edmonton1985. I was wrong as I didn't knew the problem is with CIC.

The photograph counts for about 50% space on the PR card. I have a feeling that sometimes the photograph's get damaged during production of card and that's why they request new ones without telling the applicant the reason.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Guys I resent my pics for PR card on 18th April and I still have not received the PR card .. Upon calling the helpline no. They say they have no update on my case ..should I resend my pics as even after 6 weeks of resenting the pics I still have not received the PR card

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I applied for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Workers class. Got my visa stamped. I will be doing my First/Initial Landing shortly. However, I have the following queries:

1) I will carry ...

- My COPR ( I received two COPR forms one with my photo [the one I send along with the PPR request in 50 mm x 70 mm dimensions] attached and the other COPR without photo ) ,

- A passport with a valid immigrant visa ,
- A form for Goods that I will be carrying.

Having said that ...

Do I need to carry any EXTRA PHOTOS with me to be presented at the Point of Entry for my NEW PR card purpose ? Because I heard from so many ppl saying that the CIC requests for a photo for the PR card at the later stage which further delays the PR processing ... Please let me know if I need to take any extra photos or any other documents than the ones that I mentioned ... ( However, I will carry my birth certificates, educational documents. )

2) Do I need to fill any form for the PR card ? Because they don't know about my Canadian address , so where and how will they deliver the card ?

3) I was reading somewhere that on the first landing , the immigration officers take some sort of an interview and ask some questions also ? If so, then what kind of questions do they ask ? Like is it related to the documents we submitted to the CIC when applied for the PR ? for e.g. about employment details, or adaptability etc ? ?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
maplezone said:
Dear Seniors,

I applied for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Workers class. Got my visa stamped. I will be doing my First/Initial Landing shortly. However, I have the following queries:

1) I will carry ...

- My COPR ( I received two COPR forms one with my photo [the one I send along with the PPR request in 50 mm x 70 mm dimensions] attached and the other COPR without photo ) ,

Having said that ...

Do I need to carry any EXTRA PHOTOS with me to be presented at the Point of Entry for my NEW PR card purpose ? Because I heard from so many ppl saying that the CIC requests for a photo for the PR card at the later stage which further delays the PR processing ... Please let me know if I need to take any extra photos or any other documents than the ones that I mentioned ... ( However, I will carry my birth certificates, educational documents. )

2) Do I need to fill any form for the PR card ? Because they don't know about my Canadian address , so where and how will they deliver the card ?

3) I was reading somewhere that on the first landing , the immigration officers take some sort of an interview and ask some questions also ? If so, then what kind of questions do they ask ? Like is it related to the documents we submitted to the CIC when applied for the PR ? for e.g. about employment details, or adaptability etc ? ?
Hi there,

1/ You can carry a fresh set of photos if you like. But if the officer needs some new photos taken then you have to do it again. It wouldn't delay the process by that much. Probably a week tops.
2/ You will be filling a form with you current address for PR card posting purposes, you will also sign your COPR. Don't worry the officers will walk you through all these stages one by one.
3/ It's not a formal interview, but just couple of questions to make sure you are doing it right. Some for security reasons. Questions might include: what are your plans in Canada? What is your job? Do you have a place to stay? How much money are you carrying? Maybe possibly some identity questions. Again don't worry a bit, they will walk you through all the steps.

Congrats and happy landing,

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplezone said:
Dear Seniors,

1) I will carry ...

Having said that ...

1. I was never asked for photos at the border. New photos maybe useful if the card services asks for new photos in the future (after landing) so I would still have them taken. Other than documents you mentioned they also need a proof of funds documents and declaration form of funds. The latter will be provided onboard the plane or at the airport to be filled out before officially landing. You will not need rest of the documents you mentioned but these and more will be needed later in the process (I would specifically recommend taking with you a certified letter of your driving experience in your home country issued by the respective authority in ENGLISH/FRENCH)

2. They will ask for your address in Canada. If you don't have one they will provide a form which you can fill out later and fax over to CIC. Or you can add it online or over the phone after landing. This will not effect your landing but it may cause an additional delay in PR card issuance since it takes additional 7 to 10 days after providing them your new address to be updated in their system.

3. They may actually ask questions about any part of your application. Exactly what they ask depends on many things, including whether or not there are specific notes in your GCMS, what officer you encounter, or even how you posture yourself. I was asked about my destination, previous job, how much money I carried, whether or not I was ever arrested or convicted, etc. If you don't have anything to hide just be concise and to the point and you'll be fine.

Pal-lady

Dec 31, 2014
sf1234 said:
A friend of mine who landed on April 2 got her PR card today. Just wait 2 more days.
Landed on the 4th of April.. and still waiting

Called couple of days ago and they told me I should wait.. it can take up to another 20 days!

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
harrysaini said:
Guys I resent my pics for PR card on 18th April and I still have not received the PR card .. Upon calling the helpline no. They say they have no update on my case ..should I resend my pics as even after 6 weeks of resenting the pics I still have not received the PR card

I'm in the same situation as you .
I landend on Jan 5th and on March 8th I resent my pics. I called CIC several times and they alwyas say I have to wait but two weeks ago I called them again and they said they have no update on my case and I had two options wait or resent again the photos. I resent the photos again on May16th. Now Im waiting`````.....

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
I THINK THE SAME AS YOU

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
Hello guys where should i expect my pr card in my mail box or consultants ?? Mailing address on ecas is showing my consultants.. in copr is my address

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vik302 said:
Hello guys where should i expect my pr card in my mail box or consultants ?? Mailing address on ecas is showing my consultants.. in copr is my address
Mailing address on your ecas