Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leodoc said:
After landing, you become a Permanent Resident and you can travel out and in to Canada anytime you want. If you don't carry a PR Card, you can still enter. For that:
1. You'll have to have a Permanent Resident Travel Document, which you can get from a visa office/ Canadian embassy.
2. You can enter with your passport and CoPR by road in a private car (i.e., from a land border from USA).

So, (just an opinion) it would be a hassle to come to Canada on a tourist visa first and then go back and land as an immigrant. I am not sure if having two visas is allowed.

Lastly, you can arrange accommodation in Canada through internet, I have done it and it's not difficult.

Good luck.
Thanks Leodoc!

I have COPR with me but when I do the first enrty I thought they are going to take those documents. Will they give me seperate documents to let me travel through US border?

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
Thanks Leodoc!

I have COPR with me but when I do the first enrty I thought they are going to take those documents. Will they give me seperate documents to let me travel through US border?
They will not give you any additional documents for travel. Your CoPR "is" your Confirmation of Permanent Residency". That and your passport are enough to let you in to Canada.
You have two copies of CoPR: one with your photo and the other one without the photo. They will keep the one with the photo and return the other one to you and that other one becomes your prove of PR, until you receive your PR Card.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leodoc said:
They will not give you any additional documents for travel. Your CoPR "is" your Confirmation of Permanent Residency". That and your passport are enough to let you in to Canada.
You have two copies of CoPR: one with your photo and the other one without the photo. They will keep the one with the photo and return the other one to you and that other one becomes your prove of PR, until you receive your PR Card.
Thanks.

I beleive, I can only land travel to Canada with those documents because they will not understand validity of those docments at the airport.

A S JABS

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25th may 2015
LANDED..........
10th Oct 2015
HakikiKanada said:
Thanks.

I beleive, I can only land travel to Canada with those documents because they will not understand validity of those docments at the airport.
U cannot board any airlines to Canada from usa or from any other country without your pr card.
Your copr and passport are sufficient to enter from usa by road through private or rented car ONLY.
Or if u are trying to enter by plane you must get one time PRTD from nearest visa office to you outside canada.

fsw_2014_2281

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
A S JABS said:
U cannot board any airlines to Canada from usa or from any other country without your pr card.
Your copr and passport are sufficient to enter from usa by road through private or rented car ONLY.
Or if u are trying to enter by plane you must get one time PRTD from nearest visa office to you outside canada.
@asjabs did you call cic to find status?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all

How long it takes to change the status in ECAS from decision made to complete pls advise as I had landed from 2 weeks and the status is the same

A S JABS

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25th may 2015
LANDED..........
10th Oct 2015
fsw_2014_2281 said:
@asjabs did you call cic to find status?
No.
I am outside canada.
My brother who is ther, called them last week and they told write on status update request email.
Which we did but no reply yet.

Ganesha

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2132<br />IELTS : Submitted With Application<br />PPC : Submitted With Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jul 2014<br />Fees Charged.: 03 Nov 2014<br />PER Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />AOR Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />MR received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />RPRF received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />MEDs done.....: 19 Dec 2014<br />MEDs received: 26 Dec 2014<br />Interview.....: Waived<br />Passport Request: 13 Feb 2015<br />Passport sent: 14 Feb 2015<br />Visa issued.....: 19 Feb 2015<br />Landed.....: 4 Dec 2015<br /><br /><b>FAQ:</b><br /><a href="http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/FAQs">Canada FSWP FAQs</a><br /><b>Spreadsheet:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet">FSW 2014 Spreadsheet</a><br /><b>Chit Chat:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW-2014-FORUM">FSW 2014 DISCUSSION FORUM</a><br /><b>Enter your own data:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry">FSW 2014 Entry</a><hr />
View the result here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBya6uRPDFt_UzhVmu56VRmEI7g0vKqZpfEQ6tUPVa0/edit?usp=sharing

Add your case here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wq_wDykSAvVuaG2Lu6XNH322PWpzVGoGUEtTG8Cr9Po/viewform?pref=2&pli=1&edit_requested=true

Send me message, if you have received the PR card. I will update the list. Anybody wants to manage the list request sharing of the spreadsheet. I will grant the rights to the sheet.

A S JABS

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25th may 2015
LANDED..........
10th Oct 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Landed Jan 13th 2016 along with my spouse.. now awaiting PR cards.. what is current processing time?
90days plus postage time

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Diplomatru said:
That's not true. The PRC # is located on the back of the card next to the barcode and starts with "PA".
This is correct. However interesting note - I recently did my Nexus application and when it asked for my PR Card number it wouldn't accept the number on the top back of the card. It told me that the format is xxxx-xxxx, which is the UCI format on the front. I'm half expecting when I go for the Nexus interview that this will need to be changed.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:
This is correct. However interesting note - I recently did my Nexus application and when it asked for my PR Card number it wouldn't accept the number on the top back of the card. It told me that the format is xxxx-xxxx, which is the UCI format on the front. I'm half expecting when I go for the Nexus interview that this will need to be changed.
Well. UCI# is there for life, so it's more appropriate for NEXUS authorities to use it in BGI. PRC# is used if the card is lost or stolen.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/pr-card/pr-card.asp

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi guys,
Landed on sept 30 in pearson. Called CIC back in December, 2015 and the agent said it was sent to production. Today morning I have received an weird email from CPC ottwa saying my RPRF is outstanding. Does not make any sense. Did anyone experience this?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam001 said:
Hi guys,
Landed on sept 30 in pearson. Called CIC back in December, 2015 and the agent said it was sent to production. Today morning I have received an weird email from CPC ottwa saying my RPRF is outstanding. Does not make any sense. Did anyone experience this?
First of all, it's Ottawa, not "ottwa".
Send them the copy of your RPRF receipt along with a printout of their letter with registered mail. And request ATIP to see if they actually recovered the fee.