Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
hardwork said:
just received my pr card.... they send it on jan 10. became pr sept 30.. exited at carway. i think everybody should call cic after 3 months just to make sure of whats the status. hope it helps..

have a great day.

Congrates for you PR cards.

I also landed on sept 30 but No PR cards yet nor any email for me. cic agents giving generic answers. just need have patience...i guess

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Kinji84 said:
Have you tried to call cic? usually whoever recd. this email, they recd card in around 10 days.

My wife did nd agent said she is having no idea.mid feb she said

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Hello All,

I called CIC over the week and i was told that i need to resend the passport picture of my son. She said i should read through IMM5445.

I am a new residence and this is my first card issue.

What exactly should i send with the photograph. I am thinking of sending a copy of the COPR, IMM5455 and the passport photographs.

The photographer has signed one of the passport at the back, do i need to write anything at the back of the second passport.

In the form IMM5455, do i need to sign anywhere on behalf of my child since he is less than 14.

Do i need to notarise anything?

Since this is my first card, i know payment is not needed and the lady did not explain what to be done.

Can anyone help out please.

Thank you

fsw_2014_2281

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
hisaca said:
Hello All,

I called CIC over the week and i was told that i need to resend the passport picture of my son. She said i should read through IMM5445.

I am a new residence and this is my first card issue.

What exactly should i send with the photograph. I am thinking of sending a copy of the COPR, IMM5455 and the passport photographs.

The photographer has signed one of the passport at the back, do i need to write anything at the back of the second passport.

In the form IMM5455, do i need to sign anywhere on behalf of my child since he is less than 14.

Do i need to notarise anything?

Since this is my first card, i know payment is not needed and the lady did not explain what to be done.

Can anyone help out please.

Thank you
Did you receive a letter from cic? I hope people receive a letter..let others reply too.... By the way wgen did you land? What is the labding date?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Just wrote my feedback to CIC regarding the inadequacy of ECAS and their online services. It was polite, well thought out, and stated the facts without getting angry.

Tried to submit it and it was rejected - only allowed 1025 characters in the feedback box. :eek:

Oh the irony of not being able to complain about the online services because their online feedback form isn't good enough.

LOL, CIC wins every time. ;)

A S JABS

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25th may 2015
LANDED..........
10th Oct 2015
Quink said:
Just wrote my feedback to CIC regarding the inadequacy of ECAS and their online services. It was polite, well thought out, and stated the facts without getting angry.

Tried to submit it and it was rejected - only allowed 1025 characters in the feedback box. :eek:

Oh the irony of not being able to complain about the online services because their online feedback form isn't good enough.

;D

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:

You may call or write to the Minister. I heard that his office reads and replies emails.

The Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Email: minister@cic.gc.ca
Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Leodoc said:
You may call or write to the Minister. I heard that his office reads and replies emails.

The Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Email: minister@cic.gc.ca
Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533
I don't think it's significant enough to warrant involving a minister. I'm complaining about their "customer service" essentially - they still processed my application and I'm still a permanent resident with a card in my wallet. I just want them to know how much their communication and electronic systems suck.

I've saved my comments and I'll edit it down to get it under the character limit some time soon.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Since I did not receive any letter from CIC but I was only told on phone to send passport picture for my son, is it sufficient to send only the picture and probably a copy of his COPR.

Any advice

fflorenc

Aug 8, 2015
Quink said:
Ladies and gentleman, 105 days after landing I finally received my card in the mail today! 8)

Confirmed that it is the new design - larger photo, no PR type listed, and RFID wiring embedded (you can see it in the bottom half of the card if you hold a bright light behind it).

I was not asked to re-submit photos, and I sent them photos with my Ready for Visa package from the old smaller specs. It's the same image that is on my CoPR, so the old specs didn't seem to cause a problem. Anyone that has been asked to resubmit photos, it's confirmed that it must be for some other reason - the new design is not the problem.

SOOOOOOO HAPPY to finally receive this. Now the process is 100% completed and done with. :D :D

If I never have to interact with CIC ever again it will be too soon....... ;)

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting. Yours will come eventually.

Congrats Quink!! thanks for all the help here at the forum~ :D

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question.

I got PPR and I am granted 1-entry visa to Canada. I know it takes up to 3 months to get PR cards so I can travel. back. Would it be OK if I apply for a tourist visa to Canada so I can go and arrange accomodation fro my family and come back to bring them with me?

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
what questions does a CIC call center agent ask to confirm your identity? i need to call to ask about my mother's PR card. my parents landed together on Oct 6, 2015, and my dad has received his PR card last week but my mom is still waiting for hers. i'd like to call and ask about this...

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
Another question.

I got PPR and I am granted 1-entry visa to Canada. I know it takes up to 3 months to get PR cards so I can travel. back. Would it be OK if I apply for a tourist visa to Canada so I can go and arrange accomodation fro my family and come back to bring them with me?
After landing, you become a Permanent Resident and you can travel out and in to Canada anytime you want. If you don't carry a PR Card, you can still enter. For that:
1. You'll have to have a Permanent Resident Travel Document, which you can get from a visa office/ Canadian embassy.
2. You can enter with your passport and CoPR by road in a private car (i.e., from a land border from USA).

So, (just an opinion) it would be a hassle to come to Canada on a tourist visa first and then go back and land as an immigrant. I am not sure if having two visas is allowed.

Lastly, you can arrange accommodation in Canada through internet, I have done it and it's not difficult.

Good luck.