+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Notley said:
Hi Vinaj please post your advice on my earlier post as above Rgds
Hi Vinaj
Today I have contact CIC agent and she informed me that my PR card has been despatched on 4th Dec,2015. Needless to mention that I landed on 22nd August 2015 and retake photo sent to Card printing centre nova scotia sydney on 22nd Oc 2015.
Thank GOD now finally PR card repored to have been posted on 4 th Dec 2015 Let me wait for receiving PR Card.

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Dear Quink and other respectable seniors..
I have just received email from CIC with same material as some of my colleagues mentioned in their last mails, mail was only intimation regarding application receipt mentioning the date of landing and few more information about how to check your your application status online and change of address etc.
when i checked my online status. its showing status of application "complete" but the mailing address is still the same that of my native country.
dear seniors at the time of landing i gave my relative address for the purpose of receipt of PR Cards. I still prefer that mailing address because of the presence of someone on that address all the time , although i have shifted to next street, but i am comfortable with the mailing address i initially gave.Please let know should i change my mailing address with my residential address or should stay with the mailing address i already given at the time of landing.secondly please advise me what is the purpose of this CIC information mail.
Please do reply my mail, i will be grateful.
Anxiously waiting

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
In my Ecas it says: "your current mailing address" and that is my native country address and not the one i gave at the time of landing.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
takhan said:
Your wife is lucky.
Hi takhan,

I am also a Bangladeshi citizen currently living in Beijing for a research job. I have a job in Bangladesh also. I have received LOA from MPNP. I got my AOR with UCI and EP number on December 2, 2015. My family is living in Bangladesh. I would like to know few things from you. Firstly which Visa office mostly likely would process my application? How many days it may require to assign visa office and received Medical request. In Bangladesh, which doctor may be suitable for my family medical check up and how much fees they normally charge. Is it possible my family may receive PR visa from Canadian High Commission in Bangladesh. I have the same plan like you. I would like to go there and receive my PR card and then I will be back in Bangladesh to wrap up few things for final settlement in Canada. Finally, what is your overall impression about Canada, job prospect and living cost. Sorry to bother you by asking too many questions. I will really appreciate your comments.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Quink said:
Was it one of the new cards with an RFID chip? I'm not sure how to tell... but hold it up to a bright light and see if you can see any wire loops embedded or something.

Apparently the new cards don't have the PR category listed anymore either - that might be a way to identify what type it is...
Dear Quint..
any update

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
takhan said:
Z1 , did you get any email from or card center in Sydney.? Did you change your address after landing?
Dear,
I got that mail today you were referring last week.
what is this mail all about, please explain.

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
myat said:
Dear zi1,

There is no new news for PR cards as well. Hope can receive PR cards before Christmas. Good Luck for all friends and senior.

Best Regards,
Myat
Any Update dear

zi1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
vinaj said:
If you have British passport, you don't need visa to come back to Canada (as you are from visa exempt country). You can land with COPR. You don't need PR card or travel document.
Vinaj..
Any update dear.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
Just got off from the phone of cucumber and was informed that my PRO card was mailed on December 4th. Let's see if I can get it before I leave on the 11th.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Dear Quick, if GOD permits, I am planning to come back in one year to Canada after I leave this time. Is there any binding or time-frame for how long I can stay out of Canada.?

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Eusufzai said:
Hi takhan,

I am also a Bangladeshi citizen currently living in Beijing for a research job. I have a job in Bangladesh also. I have received LOA from MPNP. I got my AOR with UCI and EP number on December 2, 2015. My family is living in Bangladesh. I would like to know few things from you. Firstly which Visa office mostly likely would process my application? How many days it may require to assign visa office and received Medical request. In Bangladesh, which doctor may be suitable for my family medical check up and how much fees they normally charge. Is it possible my family may receive PR visa from Canadian High Commission in Bangladesh. I have the same plan like you. I would like to go there and receive my PR card and then I will be back in Bangladesh to wrap up few things for final settlement in Canada. Finally, what is your overall impression about Canada, job prospect and living cost. Sorry to bother you by asking too many questions. I will really appreciate your comments.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

Most likely Singapre visa office will process your file n that office is really slow in processing files.So it can take 1 year to 1.5 year for processing but if you can apply under express entry that is a different thing.Gettin a good job depends on your luck buddy. Dr wahab's office would be good for Medical exam.
They charge around tk5000 for each applicant. I forgot the exact amount.

Canada is good but it's pretty cold around here compare to USA. Manitoba is the coolest province.

Hope I answered all your queries.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Interestingly, I was able to log on to ECAS using my CoPR number today (last time I checked about a week ago it did not take me to my file). There is no reference to my PR card though, and it shows the same details that I always had when I logged in using my UCI or EP number (just my PR application as "complete").

I'm concluding from this that my card is probably either in processing or has been processed. I can't think of any other reason my my CoPR would now allow me access to ECAS. I'll check more frequently over the coming days to see if anything else shows up, and report back if I find anything out.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
takhan said:
Dear Quick, if GOD permits, I am planning to come back in one year to Canada after I leave this time. Is there any binding or time-frame for how long I can stay out of Canada.?
To keep PR status you need to be physically present in Canada for 2 out of 5 years. This can be at the start, at the end, or in smaller chunks of time over the 5 year span.

There's no problem leaving immediately, but make sure to come back with enough time to get the 2 year requirement done, and allow for unforeseen circumstances. If you go away for 3 years initially, you're essentially trapped in Canada until you can meet the residency obligation.

BCserbiaNEW

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 8th 2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
April 15th 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
May 11th 2015
Med's Done....
January 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
August 5th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 7th 2015
LANDED..........
October 11th Vancouver
Hello everyone :) it's BCserbia :) now as BCserbiaNEW :)
I was reading all your posts also regarding new type on PR card, and I would like to add mine :D
I just finish my call with cic ,I got very nice guy , I landed on October 11th Vancouver :) provide my mail address .
I also call fwy times already , on 52 days that is passed already we must add 3 weeks like most of you know that , but that mean after that 3 weeks they will mail the card so put 1 week more no? :) in my case that's bring me on first week of January 2016. CIC guy told me the same.. If I don't get until that time to fall and they will email bla bla but do me he say that everything looks ok , then I ask about new card and he put me on hold to check .. Answer : yea I think you will get the new one , as they start relising new ones on November 21th so they still didn't done your that's mean you will probably get the new one ! Then I ask about photo because I read here how some on us they ask to send new one , I told him that I send exactly numbers of photo when I start application how immigration was asking for ,he told me that I'm probably fine especially because until now they didn't ask me anything additional ...
So I hope and I know everything will be ok , no stress my friends we will all be fine :) we ar Canadian now :)