april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hi All;

I am planning to land in December. I will go to back home country and will land at Montreal Airport. My destination is Alberta. Will there be any problem to land at Montreal airport. Can somebody share their experience at this airport.

Thank you

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Nartcr and Guiders

very professionals and expert replies just I need your clarification on the below as well.

- iam from visa exempt country and I do have only the COPR of course without visa on the passport and the photos are added on the COPR , so what you are saying that they have scanned the photos and they made sure that it is the one required for the PR card , and it is the photos that will be used to issue PR CARDS ?

-in what cases they ask the immigrant to attend physically to receive the PR cards .

-do I have to inform the immigration officer that iam there for short landing .

- what line I should change in ecas is it the mailing address or the home address as currently it has my attorney mailing address .

as there is 2 lines (To change this mailing address, contact us. ) or update the mailing address

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

very professionals and expert replies just I need your clarification on the below as well.

- iam from visa exempt country and I do have only the COPR of course without visa on the passport and the photos are added on the COPR , so what you are saying that they have scanned the photos and they made sure that it is the one required for the PR card , and it is the photos that will be used to issue PR CARDS ?

-in what cases they ask the immigrant to attend physically to receive the PR cards .

-do I have to inform the immigration officer that iam there for short landing .

- what line I should change in ecas is it the mailing address or the home address as currently it has my attorney mailing address .

as there is 2 lines (To change this mailing address, contact us. ) or update the mailing address

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
June02 said:
Hi
I am also on October 16th and waiting.. :D

Hope we will get it soon

My status online is complete, so I guess another couple weeks.

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
Khan112244 said:
Hi All;

I am planning to land in December. I will go to back home country and will land at Montreal Airport. My destination is Alberta. Will there be any problem to land at Montreal airport. Can somebody share their experience at this airport.

Thank you

kroenca

Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP 02.01.14 / CIC 02.02.15
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
XEP 24.04.15/ EP 29.05.15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17-09-2015
You can land at any port of entry in Canada. It does not matter that the port of entry is not located in the province you are going to.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Khan112244 said:
Hi All;

Thank you
I am not able to see your profile, please do take moment to update your profile. You can land on any airport, but if your application is for non quebec region, you would have to go to non quebec region to complete your landing. I landed on Ottawa completed the procedures, and then traveled to Montreal by train.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I land in Ontatio, can I give them an address of my friend in Alberta and leave the country until my friend receives the PR Card?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Finland said:

-do I have to inform the immigration officer that i am there for short landing .

Correct. When you sent photos for getting COPR, they do get updated in CIC system. Whenever you do landing, PR application gets sent. You may carry yourselves pre printed IMM 5444E, and just hand over the document to POE officer. This is not mandatory, but can leave better impression of how organized you are. Application goes to processing centre, where photos would be rechecked for issuance of PR card. At this point, if photos doesn't comply standards, they would let you know. You would have to mail-in photos again.

I do not know answer to this.

-do I have to inform the immigration officer that i am there for short landing .
You dont have to, unless immigration officer specifically asks you about the same.

Do read this : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

- what line I should change in ecas is it the mailing address or the home address as currently it has my attorney mailing address.

You can change your home address, and it would update mailing address as well. If you face any issues after you update ECAS address ( say after 2 weeks ), you may need to open case specific enquiry to fix it. It is again, not needed, but you can simply call CIC and confirm the address they would be sending PR card to. All these, would be done, only after your landing procedure.

Good luck.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
HakikiKanada said:
If I land in Ontatio, can I give them an address of my friend in Alberta and leave the country until my friend receives the PR Card?
Yes you can.

latitude45

Apr 15, 2015
Just an update:

I got my PR Card in the mail on: October 14th, 2015.
As mentioned before my landing was: August 22, 2015.
Days from Landing: 54 Days.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
latitude45 said:
Just an update:

I got my PR Card in the mail on: October 14th, 2015.
As mentioned before my landing was: August 22, 2015.
Days from Landing: 54 Days.
Congrats and thanks for the update.

when was your ecas online status changed to 'complete' ?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi all,

My Ecas status changed to "Completed" and current mailing address still doesnot change (Still singapore address). I landed vancouver on 28th Sept, 2015 and should I wait for another few more days as processing time line is 42 days or should call to CIC? Now I am outside of Canada?. any advice?

When ECAS status changed to Completed, same time change current mailing address or change later?
Thanks.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Best Regards,
Myat

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi etikala,

Good day. your ecas status changed to complete, and your current mailing address also changed? let me know if both changed.

For me, I landed on OCT 28th, 2015 to vancouver and my ecas status change to complete but my current mail address still not yet changed (still my singapore address)

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Myat

etikala said:
Mine also changed to complete today same as u . Landed on sep 16 2015 ,plz. Let me know when u receive ur card k