+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I landed on Aug 6, nothing updated so far, still shows decision made, and my old address. Called CIC and they said i can update the address, anyways they will send the card to whichever address I gave while landing. The ecas is not reliable to count on, as they may or may not update ecas after every step.
You can expect something by mid October as per current processing times of 59 days.

Budʼmo

hseamrit

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-June-2014
AOR Received.
2nd October 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7th November 2014
Med's Request
7th November 2014
Med's Done....
19th November 2014
Interview........
vawied
Passport Req..
16th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2015
LANDED..........
12th August 2015
Thanks Jas for your feedback. Hope to hear good news shortly..
All the very best to you as well..

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
hseamrit said:
Hello everyone,

I became landed immigrant at Tornoto airport on 12th Aug-15 and applied to PR card for myself and my family..
Anyone who landed in August 2015 received their PR cards or any updates?

My Canadian address is not updated on my ECAS, however I called CIC and generated case inquiry under technical problem (as guided by CIC person on phone). Like eveyone, we provided our mailing address in Canada and officer updated the same on COPR ( one copy with photo the officer took and the 2nd copy handed over to us).. The mailing address is written on the COPR.

So, is it normal and CIC will mail our PR cards once ready or I need too follow up more with CIC?

Comments will be highly appreciated.
Thanks to you all for your time and valuable information on the post..
Hello, I landed on the same date at Vancouver, however my address is also still the same on CIC as home country , however like yourself i gave a Canadian mailing address to the officer at the time of entry and he also wrote it on the CORP. We spoke to CIC rep yesterday and he predicted our PR should be ready by after 19th Oct'15 - I assume the Canadian address should be updated prior to the dispatch. Im also wondering if it would be a good idea to update the canadian address ( given at the time of entry ) it on the CIC website just incase ?

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Till which date can we enter Canada by private vehicle if we have CORP ? Website shows effective 1st Mar'16 , everyone would require a passport or PR to enter. No information about using CORP as a valid document to enter Canada through private vehicle before 1st Mar'16. Can someone please advise if one can still enter before 1 Mar'16 using CORP by a private vehicle ?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
jas_to_canada said:
I landed on Aug 6, nothing updated so far, still shows decision made, and my old address. Called CIC and they said i can update the address, anyways they will send the card to whichever address I gave while landing. The ecas is not reliable to count on, as they may or may not update ecas after every step.
You can expect something by mid October as per current processing times of 59 days.

Budʼmo
Are you guessing "Called CIC and they said i can update the address, anyways they will send the card to whichever address I gave while landing"??..look page 303...there are guys who have changed PR card address change successfully, and have been notified the card will be sent to modified new address.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
nartcr said:
Are you guessing "Called CIC and they said i can update the address, anyways they will send the card to whichever address I gave while landing"??..look page 303...there are guys who have changed PR card address change successfully, and have been notified the card will be sent to modified new address.
I guess it is all about home country address and landing address. There is no third address after landing to be updated. Is it correct?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
baykus said:
I guess it is all about home country address and landing address. There is no third address after landing to be updated. Is it correct?
Here is the process as far as I know:ECAS shows home address and landing address. It takes 2-3 weeks for ECAS to update the address in their system if you try to change the address online. Many of us have done this address change online and are expecting cards in new address. Now ECAS may or may not show updated address. If they don't, anyone can do a case specific enquiry. I notice that there are many who have been residents for months and staying in Canada without updated ECAS. So ECAS may not show these, but update can happen in their internal system.

If you haven't initiated address change, then the address in IM form for PR card filled by you/officer matters. It is advisable to call "CIC call center" and ask for PR card mailing address in their system.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
aug2015 said:
Hello Everyone,

Till which date can we enter Canada by private vehicle if we have CORP ? Website shows effective 1st Mar'16 , everyone would require a passport or PR to enter. No information about using CORP as a valid document to enter Canada through private vehicle before 1st Mar'16. Can someone please advise if one can still enter before 1 Mar'16 using CORP by a private vehicle ?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.
I did not know much about this subject but it is interesting. Sorry if I ask silly questions: What I know: CORP is not a travel document. What are you trying to do with it? You need always passport to travel. You may also need PR card or a Visa if you are not using your private vehicle, or visa exemption passport. what is the deal with 1st of March? It was something like US procedures for visa exempt countries.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
nartcr said:
Here is the process as far as I know:ECAS shows home address and landing address. It takes 2-3 weeks for ECAS to update the address in their system if you try to change the address online. Many of us have done this address change online and are expecting cards in new address. Now ECAS may or may not show updated address. If they don't, anyone can do a case specific enquiry. I notice that there are many who have been residents for months and staying in Canada without updated ECAS. So ECAS may not show these, but update can happen in their internal system.

If you haven't initiated address change, then the address in IM form for PR card filled by you/officer matters. It is advisable to call "CIC call center" and ask for PR card mailing address in their system.
It seems ok and

for the above entry, my interpretation: jas_to_canada did not see landing address (Canada address declared during landing) on Ecas and called CIC, and they told that no matter what is seen on ECAS, you will receive the card in the landing address.
So nothing to confuse.

Is it correct, jas_to_canada??

Navi90

Mar 30, 2015
jas_to_canada said:
Here you go guys, created spreadsheet, it's easier to keep updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uc0aDcoeM1D5Ub0zuq9-mxEOnI9lYLZo67VmhC55ihk/edit?pli=1
I did nt received card on 24th august.
It was mailed on 24th august.
And i am still waiting for card

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
baykus said:
I did not know much about this subject but it is interesting. Sorry if I ask silly questions: What I know: CORP is not a travel document. What are you trying to do with it? You need always passport to travel. You may also need PR card or a Visa if you are not using your private vehicle, or visa exemption passport. what is the deal with 1st of March? It was something like US procedures for visa exempt countries.

Thanks Baykus for your feedback.

Ok I landed on the 12 Aug'15 and have not received my PR as of yet. If I wish to leave Canada and come back again ; I can either enter by a Travel document or using my CORP along with my passport and enter by means of a private vehicle ( through US as I have a valid visit visa of US ) as per my understanding according to what was mentioned on the CIC website a month ago - now they are mentioning something about the new rules to be implemented by 1st Mar'16. I hope my question makes more sense this time ? i.e. till when can i use this utilise this option to enter with CORP and passport if I don't have a PR on me ?

Also, with all the threads going on about mailing address , Im a bit confused now. I provided my canadian mailing address at the time of entry and officer reconfirmed several times that your PR will be sent out to the provided address , however ECAS is still showing my home country mailing address - do i need to go and update ECAS with same canadian mailing address i provided earlier at the time of entry to the officer ?

Thanks once again.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
aug2015 said:

Ok I landed on the 12 Aug'15 and have not received my PR as of yet. If I wish to leave Canada and come back again ; I can either enter by a Travel document or using my CORP along with my passport and enter by means of a private vehicle ( through US as I have a valid visit visa of US ) as per my understanding according to what was mentioned on the CIC website a month ago - now they are mentioning something about the new rules to be implemented by 1st Mar'16. I hope my question makes more sense this time ? i.e. till when can i use this utilise this option to enter with CORP and passport if I don't have a PR on me ?

Also, with all the threads going on about mailing address , Im a bit confused now. I provided my canadian mailing address at the time of entry and officer reconfirmed several times that your PR will be sent out to the provided address , however ECAS is still showing my home country mailing address - do i need to go and update ECAS with same canadian mailing address i provided earlier at the time of entry to the officer ?

Thanks once again.

You are required to update the home and mailing address within 180 days of landing. There is no harm updating the address with the one you gave during landing process.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
aug2015 said:

Thanks once again.
could you please share the link about 1st of march, I can only see something like eTA which will be started on 15th of march, and which is about visa exempt countries.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
aug2015 said:

Thanks once again.
For mailing address, most probably you dont need to do anything, but you can call CIC and get confirmation of your address since you do not see it on ECAS.

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
baykus said:
could you please share the link about 1st of march, I can only see something like eTA which will be started on 15th of march, and which is about visa exempt countries.

here you go :

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Its mentioning everything about rules effective from 15 mar 2016 but nothing before that , however if we need to travel to Canada before that through private vehicle , does the existing rule applies i.e. we can travel with our passport along with CORP. i know this is a common practice which a lot of people do - I read quite a number of comments here where people are in US currently and they return showing only passport and CORP. The only reason Im interested to know this because i think its an easier process than applying for a travel document.