+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
rizwan150 said:
Waiting for more feedbacks who are receiving their cards so that we can make a guess when we might get our cards.

I landed on May 26, still no clear picture as CIC helpline said it might take more 4-8 weeks which seems a general answer...
Just one day behind you on 25th May. I had called CIC last week, the guy refused to open my file but gave me August 27 as the date I should receive my card. He said they will only check file after that date.

Either ways by the look of the way things are going in the forum that looks like a fairly accurate estimate .. hoping for the best ;) ;)

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
Hi guys,

My wife landed in Vancouver on June 1st and she is still waiting for her PR card. We called CIC on August 20th as the wait time on the website showed 80 days.

On our first call, the call center agent we talked to said "please wait until I go and check your file". After 2 seconds she came back and said, there was a 'techical(?)' problem with my wife's photo and she will receive her card by Sep 30th. The agent said that there is no need for my wife to resubmit her photo...which I guess means that there is a problem with CIC system?

Anyhow, I called second time on that day to double check, and the agent we talked to then wouldn't even look into her file. She just said now the wait time has gone up to who knows how many days and she should call again in September.

I wonder if the first agent we talk to has been given the 'technical difficulty with photo' excuse to anyone else?

My wife and I are really sick of this wait.

Hope all of us in wait get our cards soon.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
tknova said:
Just one day behind you on 25th May. I had called CIC last week, the guy refused to open my file but gave me August 27 as the date I should receive my card. He said they will only check file after that date.

Either ways by the look of the way things are going in the forum that looks like a fairly accurate estimate .. hoping for the best ;) ;)
Dear,

I checked the ECAS just a while ago, my mailing address (Which was my initial residential address being showed in my ECAS) is now removed and i can only see one address under current home address field, which is my canadian address.

I made a call to CIC help line 2 days back and the agent asked me whether i want this address to be removed, i said if its no more required for your records, you may remove it and just now i have seen that its removed, it was being shown 2 hours back.

I made a call to CIC help line on Thursday on 6139444000 but the agent refused to open my file and just gave me a general response that you may contact us after August 28 when your 80 days time + 10 business days for shipping will end, but i called again on Friday and this time i called on 8882422100 through magicjack, lucky me, this time the agent immediately opened my file and said all seems to be going fine on your file and they are about to produce my cards. Before opening my file, she asked me what i wrote above regarding the address if i want to remove my other non canadian address.

All others,

Please do keep on updating the forum with latest information regarding delivery of PR cards...

Normally husband and wife cards come together means at the same time, i know they come in separate envelopes but my question is regarding time of delivery. I have seen few forum members have encoutered late delivery for the children...

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
Hi Friends,

I did landing on July 22 and I can see from this forum it will take 90 days to get PR cards.

But I would like to know when would ECAS status will change to complete status from decision made and also when will the landed address will change.
My ECAS is still showing decision made with old address and did not get updated after landing for more than 1 month.

Thanks,

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
ind-it009 said:
Hi Friends,

I did landing in 2nd week July and I can see from this forum it will take 90 days to get PR cards.

But I would like to know when would ECAS status will change to complete status from decision made and also when will the landed address will change.
My ECAS is still showing decision made with old address and did not get updated after landing for more than 1 month.

Thanks,
Normally it turns to complete within 4-5 days.

Call CIC helpline @ 888-242 2100 to seek their guidance.

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
rizwan150 said:

Thanks for the information.
I would like to know Is anybody like me in this forum their "Complete" status did not updated even after 1 month of landing.

Thanks,

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
tknova said:

I am one day behind you on 24th May. I've called cic on last friday, as usual they did not open the file but he said I should receive card by 26th August.Please update once you receive your card, of course I will update mine when I get the card.

Usher

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Man its not good to be so happy that your wife didn't' get her card. ;D
ganapathi said:
Hurrah :p ;D :D. I just received my pr card. But my wife didn't get her card. Even though we both landed on same day she didn't get with me. I hope she will get her card by the end of next week.

Is it normal or else do i need to inform cic that my wife didn't get her card

I landed on may 16th

reneaa

Aug 24, 2015
I just wanted to vent my frustration and this forum seemed to be the only place that would allow me to do so. I landed as a PR on April 13th, after which the normal PR processing time kept rising (with no accountability as you all know), until the card was finally mailed to me on July 8th (allegedly). Unfortunately, I had to leave the country, and had to cancel my flight back to Toronto to rearrange to land at Buffalo and cross via land. Not everyone has the financial means to do so, and the process is insensitive to that fact. Further, the PR Card itself never arrived. Waiting 6 pointless weeks from July 8th to August 19th, I finally submitted the Solemn Declaration. In lieu of all their mistakes, I reached out to the CIC to confirm receipt of the Solemn Declaration, and they responded with a resounding "sir we don't check that information". According to the agent, I will only be able to know if they received it, if I do not receive it in "two to three more months". As has probably been the case for many of you, this is affecting my ability to effectively perform at work, as I am usually required to travel extensively. Approximately 8 months without the ability to enter Canada by air is unacceptable, on the back of thousands of dollars for the immigration process. Registered mail should be a priority for outgoing PR cards, even at extra cost to applicants. Nobody I know would refuse to pay that fee. Furthermore, the lackluster attitude of the call center employees, one who even laughed at me when saying there is nothing I could do for the next two months to verify the status of the Solemn Declaration, is unacceptable. Sooner or later, someone in an actionable position will expose this highly dehumanizing and inept process, and they will have to be forced into reform. It feels entirely powerless at the moment.

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
rizwan150 said:

Hi Rizwan,

Do you know HOW I CAN REQUEST TO CHANGE VISA OFFICE FOR MY WIFE to NEW DELHI.
WHAT FORMAT OR NEED TO WRITE TO CHANGE IT,PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS.

THANKS

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
reneaa said:
I just wanted to vent my frustration and this forum seemed to be the only place that would allow me to do so. I landed as a PR on April 13th, after which the normal PR processing time kept rising (with no accountability as you all know), until the card was finally mailed to me on July 8th (allegedly). Unfortunately, I had to leave the country, and had to cancel my flight back to Toronto to rearrange to land at Buffalo and cross via land. Not everyone has the financial means to do so, and the process is insensitive to that fact. Further, the PR Card itself never arrived. Waiting 6 pointless weeks from July 8th to August 19th, I finally submitted the Solemn Declaration. In lieu of all their mistakes, I reached out to the CIC to confirm receipt of the Solemn Declaration, and they responded with a resounding "sir we don't check that information". According to the agent, I will only be able to know if they received it, if I do not receive it in "two to three more months". As has probably been the case for many of you, this is affecting my ability to effectively perform at work, as I am usually required to travel extensively. Approximately 8 months without the ability to enter Canada by air is unacceptable, on the back of thousands of dollars for the immigration process. Registered mail should be a priority for outgoing PR cards, even at extra cost to applicants. Nobody I know would refuse to pay that fee. Furthermore, the lackluster attitude of the call center employees, one who even laughed at me when saying there is nothing I could do for the next two months to verify the status of the Solemn Declaration, is unacceptable. Sooner or later, someone in an actionable position will expose this highly dehumanizing and inept process, and they will have to be forced into reform. It feels entirely powerless at the moment.
It sucks. I feel for you. I do think that there should be a better way to provide PR card. It should be better to print it on the spot because it doesn't make sense to take another 3 months for them to print it.

The point you made regarding having it sent through registered mail does make sense. PRC is ones official proof of permanent residence in Canada and the only travel document available to PRs of Canada and I can't understand why CIC sends it through a regular mail without tracking. CIC should send it through registered mail which can be tracked and email the tracking number to applicants.

I don't know a develop country like Canada still has processes and procedures that date back to ancient times. I wish someone look into it. The whole process needs to be revamped as currently it is full of non value added steps and it's killing the applicants.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
reneaa said:
Sorry to hear this...we are in the same boat. It's just been a very frustrating experience throughout. Can I ask...how was the process to cross the border via land with your CoPR, as you didn't have your PR card? I will be in this situation soon, and I am very worried about having to land in Buffalo late at night after a long international flight, rent a car, drive across the border to Toronto airport, drop the car off, and then take a taxi home.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
My journey to become pr has ended today. Thanks a lot for the people in this forum
My wife got her pr card today.I got my card on Aug 21st. Landed on may 16th 2015

:D ;D

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
ganapathi said:
My journey to become pr has ended today. Thanks a lot for the people in this forum
My wife got her pr card today.I got my card on Aug 21st. Landed on may 16th 2015

:D ;D
Congratulations!

See you again soon after only 4 years :)

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
reneaa said:
Sorry to hear about your case. I had to send the Solemn declaration because Canadapost lost my cards. When I called up for confirmation they said the fax receipt is the confirmation and it cant be checked until they start processing the faxed form. They told me the date of current processing applications which sounded that it is 8 weeks behind. I left a feedback saying that they should have categories within solemn declaration better to speed up processing for some, yes i did mention about the registered mail too.
Luckily when I applied for PR travel document in London I was given an one year multiple entry which reduced my stress on the travels. So your only option now is to apply for a PRTD outside Canada and request for multiple entry. When I requested for multiple entry in India I was given only single entry just fyi. Goodluck.