+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

thelio

Nov 14, 2014
:) Landed on May 5th. We have received our cards today. One card is sent to my new address, and another one goes to my old address.

Some reminders for applicants who relocate before PR card arrives like me: 1. Do not use Canadapost mail forwarding service. Previously I was using Canadapost mail forwarding service. After learning that PR cards cannot be forwarded, I stopped mail forwarding service, changed address online and contacted the new resident at my old address. She is very kind to inform me when one of the cards arrives today. 2. To applicants who change address online, please remember to fill the dependents' UCI number. I only fill the name and DOB, thus the dependent's address is unchanged. Although I called CIC on August 3 and agent changed dependent's address for me, it is too late as the cards are mailed out on August 6.

And thanks everyone for answering the questions and giving advice! Without your valuable advice, my cards would be returned to CIC by Canadapost. Good luck to all of u! Cheers!

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
They finally mailed out my card !!! only took them almost 4 months!!!!!!!! :-\ :'(

My flight is on Saturday next week... What are the chances that i will get it by then?
Do you guys know how long it takes to get the card after they mail it out? Canada Post says 4 business days ...

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
thelio said:
:) Landed on May 5th. I have received my cards today. One card is sent to my new address, and another one goes to my old address.

Some reminders for applicants who relocate before PR card arrives like me: 1. Do not use Canadapost mail forwarding service. Previously I was using Canadapost mail forwarding service. After learning that PR cards cannot be forwarded, I stopped mail forwarding service, changed address online and contacted the new resident at my old address. She is very kind to inform me when one of the cards arrives today. 2. To applicants who change address online, please remember to fill the dependents' UCI number. I only fill the name and DOB, thus the dependent's address is unchanged. Although I called CIC on August 3 and agent changed dependent's address for me, it is too late as the cards are mailed out on August 6.

And thanks everyone for answering the questions and giving advice! Without your valuable advice, my cards would be returned to CIC by Canadapost. Good luck to all of u! Cheers!

The second address is your home address or Canadian address? This is new information. Never heard that CIC sends two PR cards.

gujianyushi

Feb 21, 2015
Deepu2015 said:
HI,

Have landed on July 11. Waiting for my PR card. Can anyone tell me if I could apply for US visitor visa without my PR card. Will that cause any issues for approving my visa?
Hello,
I just applied using my landing paper. It works!

thelio

Nov 14, 2014
Both addresses are Canadian addresses. We have one main applicant and a dependent in the same application, so one card for each person. Not that I received two cards myself :p

takhan said:
The second address is your home address or Canadian address? This is new information. Never heard that CIC sends two PR cards.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Landed on 16th May.

I applied my PR from within Canada. At that time all the mailings and mailing address on cic file and ECAS was of my relatives. But now its showing as my actual home address as both Current and Mailing address. Even though at the time of Landing i gave officer the address of my relatives.
How come it changed on ECAS by itself? I didnt updated it.

Still waiting for my PR Card though. Any Suggestions? Many Thanks

ramcanada

Sep 15, 2013
Hi,

PR card received Aug-13
Landed- May-01
Airport- Toronto
Address: Mailing address Home Country and other address WAS Canada address. Now in the eCAS system it shows my home country address as mailing address and no Canada address
Changed eCAS system on both the address 14 days back. Still no update in the eCAS system. It shows my home country (India) as mailing address

All the best for those who are waiting for PR card

Regards

crosscounter

May 6, 2012
Soon to be PR :)

PR card received N/A
Landed- Aug-31 (planned)
Airport- Toronto
Address: Toronto address (see below)

Long story short, I am already in Canada with a Work Permit. I plan on doing the simple US-border re-entry for my PR status. I think i can afford a day off later in this month.

I will keep this up to date :) good luck to us all.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
thelio said:
Both addresses are Canadian addresses. We have one main applicant and a dependent in the same application, so one card for each person. Not that I received two cards myself :p

LOl ....got it now mate :D. Good luck for the future!!!

Have you opened up any bank account? Can you suggest which bank would be good for opening US dollar and also CAD account?

LAMBHER456

Aug 14, 2015
I Landed canada international pearson airport 3rd june 2015 toronto. my ECAS show two address mailing and current home address canada .Is there anyone who got pr card who landed around 3rd june.? when i will be able to receive my pr card?

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
It says on CIC 84 days, but it is better to follow this thread, read the last couple pages.

April applicants just received their cards and the ones currently receiving theirs are the ones who landed 1st week of may. You landed first week of June so you should get it around the middle of September.

CROM

Jul 4, 2015
Naheulbeuck said:
It says on CIC 84 days, but it is better to follow this thread, read the last couple pages.

April applicants just received their cards and the ones currently receiving theirs are the ones who landed 1st week of may. You landed first week of June so you should get it around the middle of September.

Now it is 90 days :mad: :eek:

Again, all who receive their cards, please notify us

uwaheed

Dec 1, 2014
For the friends who landed on 3rd week of May.

I called CIC yesterday, since i landed on 25th may so they said somewhere around 30th Aug i am supposed to receive the PR card. she declined to share any information with me and if i need any information from CIC, i should call after 30th Aug.

Finger crossed..

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
uwaheed said:
For the friends who landed on 3rd week of May.

I called CIC yesterday, since i landed on 25th may so they said somewhere around 30th Aug i am supposed to receive the PR card. she declined to share any information with me and if i need any information from CIC, i should call after 30th Aug.

Finger crossed..
I am waiting with you too. As per this forum's recent data.. I think we should be getting it in the first week of September.

cissychen008

Jan 15, 2015
I landed on May 8th, 2015. I called CIC and they said mine is sent to production on July 31st…but they are not sure why it stays in production for 2 weeks. Is there anyone having similar issue?