10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Hi to all

I landed on March 20th but unfortunately needed to leave Canada due to some personal reasons and hence awaiting PR card still for myself and family. Does anyone here left Canada but still got PR card? We wanted to return by August / Sept originally but unable to do it now due to PR cards delay. It seems that all those who left in March or later have not got their PR cards and their files have gone into oblivion. Common word of CIC for it "under verification" :). Will be grateful if anyone can help on this.

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
octprwaiting said:
Today I come to know that CIC need new photo.

Anyone has experience how long it will take to get the PR card back.
I Submitted my photos on 25th july and tols to wait for 2 months.
But there are some persons who get PR cards in 3-4 weeks after submitting new photos.

miaoli

Jul 30, 2014
Ali78 said:
Hi to all

I landed on March 20th but unfortunately needed to leave Canada due to some personal reasons and hence awaiting PR card still for myself and family. Does anyone here left Canada but still got PR card? We wanted to return by August / Sept originally but unable to do it now due to PR cards delay. It seems that all those who left in March or later have not got their PR cards and their files have gone into oblivion. Common word of CIC for it "under verification" :). Will be grateful if anyone can help on this.
I did landing today and asked the same question to the VO. She gave me two options.

1. Apply for a travel document. You can find the checklist from CIC website.
2. Find a Canadian Embassy in where you will travel to. Ask them to issue a kind of document. Bring that document when you return to Canada.

I think you can call CIC to get more details.

chacks

Mar 31, 2013
Hi, I did landed on 9th May & haven't received PR card yet. Currently online status says "Inprogress" updated on 21st July 2014. Can anybody please let me know approx how many more days it might take to receive the card? .Can anyone please update?

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
chacks said:
Hi, I did landed on 9th May & haven't received PR card yet. Currently online status says "Inprogress" updated on 21st July 2014. Can anybody please let me know approx how many more days it might take to receive the card?
My e cas online status shows complete but still PR cards are not received as they are under verification.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
miaoli said:
I did landing today and asked the same question to the VO. She gave me two options.

1. Apply for a travel document. You can find the checklist from CIC website.
2. Find a Canadian Embassy in where you will travel to. Ask them to issue a kind of document. Bring that document when you return to Canada.

I think you can call CIC to get more details.
Thanks. When I called the agent told me to get Travel document as I asked them "what if a person needs to travel". Does anyone have any experience of travel document from UAE? If so, pls share as most of the threads on this website relating to travel doc are old.

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Ali78 said:
Hi to all

I am not sure whether you read the following news.. the RCMP and CIC is monitoring Permanent residents living outside canada for long time

Ottawa has stripped a Lebanese family of their Canadian citizenships — and handed them a $63,000 bill — after they were caught blatantly lying about living in Canada, part of a government crackdown on bogus citizens that could extend to thousands of cases.

The family — a father, mother and their two daughters — signed citizenship forms claiming they lived in Canada for almost all of the previous four years when they really lived in the United Arab Emirates, a fact even posted online in the daughters’ public résumés on LinkedIn.

The bold nature of the fabrications — that successfully won them citizenship in 2008 and 2009 — and their attempts to fight Ottawa’s decision brought rebuke from both the government and the Federal Court of Canada: not only have their citizenships been revoked, but they have been ordered to pay all of the government’s $63,442 in legal bills.

This case is only the beginning. The RCMP has targeted about 11,000 people from more than 100 countries suspected of fraud by misrepresenting their residency in Canada.

RCMP identified more than 3,000 citizens and 5,000 permanent residents under suspicion in ongoing large-scale fraud investigations. Most are residency claims like in this case.

After questions from officials, nearly 2,000 other people have withdrawn their applications, said Nancy Caron, spokeswoman for the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.

“Canadian citizenship is not for sale. The government of Canada is taking steps to revoke citizenship from those who have obtained it fraudulently by misrepresenting their residence in Canada while continuing to live abroad most, or all, of the time,” said Ms. Caron.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/28/blatantly-lying-loses-family-its-citizenship-but-earns-them-a-63k-bill-from-canadian-government/

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
jeeks2012 said:
I am not sure whether you read the following news.. the RCMP and CIC is monitoring Permanent residents living outside canada for long time

Ottawa has stripped a Lebanese family of their Canadian citizenships — and handed them a $63,000 bill — after they were caught blatantly lying about living in Canada, part of a government crackdown on bogus citizens that could extend to thousands of cases.

The family — a father, mother and their two daughters — signed citizenship forms claiming they lived in Canada for almost all of the previous four years when they really lived in the United Arab Emirates, a fact even posted online in the daughters' public résumés on LinkedIn.

The bold nature of the fabrications — that successfully won them citizenship in 2008 and 2009 — and their attempts to fight Ottawa's decision brought rebuke from both the government and the Federal Court of Canada: not only have their citizenships been revoked, but they have been ordered to pay all of the government's $63,442 in legal bills.

This case is only the beginning. The RCMP has targeted about 11,000 people from more than 100 countries suspected of fraud by misrepresenting their residency in Canada.

RCMP identified more than 3,000 citizens and 5,000 permanent residents under suspicion in ongoing large-scale fraud investigations. Most are residency claims like in this case.

After questions from officials, nearly 2,000 other people have withdrawn their applications, said Nancy Caron, spokeswoman for the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.

“Canadian citizenship is not for sale. The government of Canada is taking steps to revoke citizenship from those who have obtained it fraudulently by misrepresenting their residence in Canada while continuing to live abroad most, or all, of the time,” said Ms. Caron.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/28/blatantly-lying-loses-family-its-citizenship-but-earns-them-a-63k-bill-from-canadian-government/
Well, in our case our visa expiry was only after two months and hence we had not much time to plan plus lot of personal, family and other things involved which resulted in short landing on the hope that once PR cards are received we will go permanently after 5 - 6 months (overall from 1st landing).

Hence I think it doesn't apply in our case like misrepresenting or other such things as out of 5 yrs we are supposed to stay 2 years in Canada. Also we are not getting any benefit as of now in terms of schooling, medical or tax credits etc. Its not even 6 months from our initial landing and even if I say to CIC agents that we will travel they clearly tell us to apply for travel doc from the country we are going. My request to those who did short landing during the same time to pls inform if they received their PRs?

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Ali78 said:
Well, in our case our visa expiry was only after two months and hence we had not much time to plan plus lot of personal, family and other things involved which resulted in short landing on the hope that once PR cards are received we will go permanently after 5 - 6 months (overall from 1st landing).

Hence I think it doesn't apply in our case like misrepresenting or other such things as out of 5 yrs we are supposed to stay 2 years in Canada. Also we are not getting any benefit as of now in terms of schooling, medical or tax credits etc. Its not even 6 months from our initial landing and even if I say to CIC agents that we will travel they clearly tell us to apply for travel doc from the country we are going. My request to those who did short landing during the same time to pls inform if they received their PRs?
I just wanted to pass the information I found on the news, recently few people are facing the same situation you are in.. may be due to cic changed the policy or they started tracking the people's travels IN and OUT of Canada to make sure that people are living in the Address mentioned in the time of landing(address where to send the PR card).

carrotmuffin

May 26, 2011
I am struggling...I haven't received my pr card since I landed on Apr 3,2014. I was told my case is 'under verification.' Don't know how long that's gonna take. I had my flight booked for Aug 6...I don't know what to say...God, help me~! :'(

no190

Dec 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carrotmuffin said:
I am struggling...I haven't received my pr card since I landed on Apr 3,2014. I was told my case is 'under verification.' Don't know how long that's gonna take. I had my flight booked for Aug 6...I don't know what to say...God, help me~! :'(
Travel document

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
jeeks2012 said:

The family — a father, mother and their two daughters — signed citizenship forms claiming they lived in Canada for almost all of the previous four years when they really lived in the United Arab Emirates, a fact even posted online in the daughters' public résumés on LinkedIn.

The bold nature of the fabrications — that successfully won them citizenship in 2008 and 2009 — and their attempts to fight Ottawa's decision brought rebuke from both the government and the Federal Court of Canada: not only have their citizenships been revoked, but they have been ordered to pay all of the government's $63,442 in legal bills.

Completely irrelevant to this guy's case, he hasn't misrepresented or anything... IMHO...