+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
ZingyDNA said:
Oh, so your ECAS said "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." for a long time before the landing part showed up? Then after a couple weeks you get your PR card?
After you land, it takes a day or two for the status to be updated to Complete from Decision Made
But now that every one who landed is seeing their status updated back to Decision Made, you might not see any change until they start processing your PR card.

CIC might have changed their process to show Complete only after one receives his/her PR card :)

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
rawfile said:
After you land, it takes a day or two for the status to be updated to Complete from Decision Made
But now that every one who landed is seeing their status updated back to Decision Made, you might not see any change until they start processing your PR card.

CIC might have changed their process to show Complete only after one receives his/her PR card :)
I actually got the "Decision Made" line right after the passport request. I thought I'd get the "Complete" line that says I landed after I landed :) I guess I'll have to wait...

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
rawfile said:
If so, then it contradicts their page about all the statuses and what they mean. So they would need to update that page, and perhaps introduce a new status between 'Decision Made' and 'Complete' for people who have landed.

PR applications and PR card applications are two distinct items in the list of services available in eCAS (along with citizenship applications, citizenship certificate applications, and so on).

If the processing time is only 72 days now, then I expect the card to be in my mailbox today when I get home 8)

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Now my ECAS says Decision made. It said Complete before and there is no PR Card section. The PR processing time says 72 days, which means I should be getting it any time soon. Let's hope that's true.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
LPS said:
If the processing time is only 72 days now, then I expect the card to be in my mailbox today when I get home 8)
And mine should be here next week.

Any idea what happened in Sydney that caused such a sharp drop in wait times? Did they hire a whole bunch of temps? :p

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
LPS said:
If so, then it contradicts their page about all the statuses and what they mean. So they would need to update that page, and perhaps introduce a new status between 'Decision Made' and 'Complete' for people who have landed.

PR applications and PR card applications are two distinct items in the list of services available in eCAS (along with citizenship applications, citizenship certificate applications, and so on).

Yes I am aware of that. When I spoke to an agent from CIC today, she is unaware of any process change from their end.
She would just ask me to wait until the process is completed.

I do not see anything when I log on to my ecas! Until Wednesday, I saw the status as complete.

Hopefully you get your card today :)

aka2013

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2013
AOR Received.
05-04-2013
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-3013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
eCas - Cannot retrieve my record as few others have mentioned. Called CIC, agent confirmed that my card was mailed out on 17th June, hopefully will receive it in a few days as I am on the west coast.
Also, the agent clarified that since the status was updated 2 days ago, there will be a short period of time, (a couple of days) where the records will not be available on eCas.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Matt the Aussie said:
And mine should be here next week.

Any idea what happened in Sydney that caused such a sharp drop in wait times? Did they hire a whole bunch of temps? :p
May be they are back from vacation!! :D

Apple2014

Mar 4, 2014
LPS said:

do not think so! I landed in March 26 and haven't received mine yet...

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I called CIC few mins ago and the rep told me that they are working on Applications received till March 22nd for now, looks like they are clearing the back log. When I asked her about my application status (Landed Apr 2nd), she said you should receive it by end of July 1st week.

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
Apple2014 said:
do not think so! I landed in March 26 and haven't received mine yet...
Agree that 72 is too optimistic currently. I waited 88 days - received my card yesterday, landed March 23.

I hope you get yours early next week!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
cecstatchk said:
Guys,

I called CIC few mins ago and the rep told me that they are working on Applications received till March 22nd for now, looks like they are clearing the back log. When I asked her about my application status (Landed Apr 2nd), she said you should receive it by end of July 1st week.
Good to know cecstatchk, I landed on April 2nd as well, and the agent told me I should get the card by July 3rd!.. Let's cross our fingers and hope this information is accurate!

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
I also called b4 2 hrs and the lady told me i shall get the card by july 7th (landed april 7th) she said this without asking my client id no/name etc....I think she was just guesing...if we go by the current pt,the card should be in my hand few days back !! confused. ::)

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
ZingyDNA said:
I actually got the "Decision Made" line right after the passport request. I thought I'd get the "Complete" line that says I landed after I landed :) I guess I'll have to wait...
I think it's different for everyone.

I had "decision made" a few weeks after my medicals had been received. Shortly after, I received the COPR.
A while after I landed, status changed to "completed". It kept like this for the longest time. Did not check in June. When I checked this week, it said again "decision made" and a day later the card was in my mailbox.