Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Fun123

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-03-2014
As expected the weekly PR processing time update has not much changed on the new received files dates and neither processing time has increased from last week's 94 days....Lets hope they clears backlogs hopefully we get some better news by next week.

sonata09

Aug 17, 2013
On ECAS my application show "Completed"

The last line is:

5.You entered Canada at [Location] office on [Date] and became a Permanent Resident.

Where can I find the status for my PR card ?

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sonata09 said:
On ECAS my application show "Completed"

The last line is:

5.You entered Canada at [Location] office on [Date] and became a Permanent Resident.

Where can I find the status for my PR card ?

Thanks
It will take another 1-2 months after completing the landing, or maybe longer, for that to reflect on ECAS :) Hang in there.
I landed on May 8th and there's no status of my PR card in sight so far...

leakhena

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
20-02-2014 PCC
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
28/05/2014
VISA ISSUED...
04/06/2014
LANDED..........
11/06/2014
;) now join this group.
land 2 days ago. waiting PR Card

ASKtrini

Jun 13, 2014
Hey guys! Just joined the group, landed march 20 2014
in Montreal, no PR card yet and I got a vacation booked for July 15th
At my time of landing processing times was at 56 days hence the reason I booked my vacation in July
thinking I gave enough time to recieve my PR card... now you all know it's 94days, called
the call centre today at noon they said I should be receiving it next week according to 'processing times presently' what a joke!
My GF and her son landed on the 31st march and they also haven't received the card and we all suppose
to be in this amazing trip to Mexico in July, hope we don't have to go through the whole PRTD thing at the
Canadian embassy in Mexico

Anybody recieved their card that landed after march 10th yet?

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
ASKtrini said:
Hey guys! Just joined the group, landed march 20 2014
in Montreal, no PR card yet and I got a vacation booked for July 15th
At my time of landing processing times was at 56 days hence the reason I booked my vacation in July
thinking I gave enough time to recieve my PR card... now you all know it's 94days, called
the call centre today at noon they said I should be receiving it next week according to 'processing times presently' what a joke!
My GF and her son landed on the 31st march and they also haven't received the card and we all suppose
to be in this amazing trip to Mexico in July, hope we don't have to go through the whole PRTD thing at the
Canadian embassy in Mexico

Anybody recieved their card that landed after march 10th yet?
Hey same with me.. I have my vacation booked in July and haven't heard anything from CIC yet. It looks like they are clearing the backlog and hopefully we will receive our cards by the end of this month :)

"If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead. "

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=605&t=10

ASKtrini

Jun 13, 2014
Hey Rawfie, yes we gotta keep hope for this month to get our cards!!
I am aware we can come back through a land border with no card but
my country is not a Visa exempt country to the US so il have to get a US visa
I called the US embassy and they told me I need my Canadian PR card to be
able apply for the US travel Visa.
Guess I gotta wait!
If anyone here got their US travel Visa without the
Canadian PR card let me know please.

Fun123

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-03-2014
I too am from non visa waiver country but I had US visa, I did visit US immediately after landing and came back to Canada by rent a car. It was a easy way in not much questions asked only 2 questions 1) How long have I been out side Canada, 2) How much value goods I have? That's all. So if you have US visa then you come back to Canada only by car. But it is important to give back I-94 (B2) back to US customs if you don't intended to come back to US before 6 months or else next trip to US would be difficult.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
My husband has been waiting just over 3 months now. He landed on March 12 and nothing. The guy in the call center said it should have be here on the 16th but that doesn't look promising as his ECAS says nothing about the PR card. We were told to call on the 24th of the month if we don't have anything as that would mean that "something was wrong".

Yay.

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
DirectEnergy said:
Processing time for new cards remained the same - 94 days.
Renewal cards processing increased to 105 days, though :eek:
At least it makes sense that renewal times are variable, there is some actual verification of status etc. required, it's still really unclear to me what extra steps are involved in issuing new PR cards after they have spent 12+ months verifying the applicant's eligibility other than printing the card.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
steveholt said:
At least it makes sense that renewal times are variable, there is some actual verification of status etc. required, it's still really unclear to me what extra steps are involved in issuing new PR cards after they have spent 12+ months verifying the applicant's eligibility other than printing the card.
These are not eligibility verifications but "Did he/she cross the border?", "Do we have the documentation to support it?", "Applicant and the dependents?", "Do we have updated address?", etc.

When there's a large backlog these required but not very time consuming steps still mean a long processing time.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.