AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Guys anyone here has applied for an Urgent PR Card?

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
kushari said:
No no, I'm an idiot don't worry. What happened was the 2013 loads on opening the link, so someone added their username there and it started with an M, so I thought it was you, but it wasn't Matt the Aussie. So I removed it and started typing your info in the 2014 workbook. After I did that, I arranged by the date column so everything would be in order and then I saw Matt the Aussie twice (the one you typed in, and I). So I just removed the one I wrote as the landing place was based on the user I thought was you and the dates were giving me issues. So basically don't worry your lively hood is not in jeopardy. :p
lol good to know :)

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Holygun said:
If there is a way of doing that, let me know as well..
Hi HolyGun,

Yea I have already applied for it as I had planned to go to Miami on May 23 before I became a PR and so had everything booked
I flag poled on 18th of April and applied the very next week, the application reached CIC on 25th April, so hoping they have 4 weeks I might get my card before I travel.

You can got cic.gc.ca -> Urgent PR card processing, you can apply for it until you can provide proof of your travel and your travel date is more than 3 weeks within the next 3 months

honey_ca

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Hi to everyone,

anyone knows how to monitor the PR Card if it's process after landing?

Thank you

honey_ca

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
boateng said:
Hi HolyGun,

Yea I have already applied for it as I had planned to go to Miami on May 23 before I became a PR and so had everything booked
I flag poled on 18th of April and applied the very next week, the application reached CIC on 25th April, so hoping they have 4 weeks I might get my card before I travel.

You can got cic.gc.ca -> Urgent PR card processing, you can apply for it until you can provide proof of your travel and your travel date is more than 3 weeks within the next 3 months
boateg...

when you applied for it... they say they will reply back in 48 hrs... did they do that...

I am taking off on MAy 29th...

Should I apply tonight?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
Holygun said:
boateg...

when you applied for it... they say they will reply back in 48 hrs... did they do that...

I am taking off on MAy 29th...

Should I apply tonight?
Talked to CIC call centre and got informed that there is no way to get urgent processing for new card applications.

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Holygun said:
Talked to CIC call centre and got informed that there is no way to get urgent processing for new card applications.
Yea I am not sure as well,I just applied for it taking a chance. Where did you read about the 48 hours response rule ?

As from what I read under the 'Urgent PR card processing' they said you can check for your application status after 10 business days of them receiving it.

Also if you check the application form it did have the option to select - Application for 1 new PR card, I remember checking that box, as there were 3 options
- Application for 1 new PR card
- Lost PR card
- never received or stolen PR card

Let see what happens next week, if it shows in my status then mostly they would have accepted the application if not then cant do much :(

are you from a visa exempt country? If yes then you need not worry i guess then you can just say that you are going to Can to visit and when you land just enter with your COPR. officially one needs PR card as that is the only valid proof, but if the airlines allows you to board and when you land, in Canada you can enter with the COPR

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
boateng said:
Yea I am not sure as well,I just applied for it taking a chance. Where did you read about the 48 hours response rule ?

As from what I read under the 'Urgent PR card processing' they said you can check for your application status after 10 business days of them receiving it.

Also if you check the application form it did have the option to select - Application for 1 new PR card, I remember checking that box, as there were 3 options
- Application for 1 new PR card
- Lost PR card
- never received or stolen PR card

Let see what happens next week, if it shows in my status then mostly they would have accepted the application if not then cant do much :(

are you from a visa exempt country? If yes then you need not worry i guess then you can just say that you are going to Can to visit and when you land just enter with your COPR. officially one needs PR card as that is the only valid proof, but if the airlines allows you to board and when you land, in Canada you can enter with the COPR
I submitted an application for Urgent Processing Last night. This morning got an email from them saying that, for us there is no urgent option. It is only for renewals.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
thisisauser said:
And processing time is now up to 68 days.
Yup! Yay! :mad:
Whatever it's all good, I've already made my travel plans to the states by bus and fly from there.

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Holygun said:
I submitted an application for Urgent Processing Last night. This morning got an email from them saying that, for us there is no urgent option. It is only for renewals.
You applied online? as I did via Regular mail

Havent heard anything back may be they might return the application if that is the case and once it does come back I need to think about my refund of $50, see if that comes back ;D ;D ;D

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
boateng said:
You applied online? as I did via Regular mail

Havent heard anything back may be they might return the application if that is the case and once it does come back I need to think about my refund of $50, see if that comes back ;D ;D ;D
Why did you pay $50??? you are a new immigrant everything is free of charge???

When you land at the border they automatically send PR card to you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Holygun said:

Free of charge? :) I think the processing fee of $550 and the RPRF of $490 is not free of charge Haha ;D ;D

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Holygun said:

Yea it is free if you wait for the card with the normal process, looking at the application instructions it looked like if they were to process an Urgent application the fees needs to be paid. So irrespective did everything on my part, I guess now just wait and watch till next week if anything happens.