+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PPR after Medicals - Add your case here

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
jaddy013 said:
It has been almost 3 months since i got my MR and over 2 months since CIC recieved the MR results. I never got an email for RPRF. Now, I am thinking if I should just go ahead and pay RPRF.

What do you guys think? Would that prompt CIC to send me PPR?
No, it will not. What it may actually accomplish, is to inadvertently delay your application. Asking unnecessary questions regarding your application will prompt your documents to be pulled out of their processing lineup. I would stay mum. What I would recommend you do is to request your GCMS notes.

jaddy013

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
In April 2014
slingshot_fuel said:
No, it will not. What it may actually accomplish, is to inadvertently delay your application. Asking unnecessary questions regarding your application will prompt your documents to be pulled out of their processing lineup. I would stay mum. What I would recommend you do is to request your GCMS notes.
Well only God and CIC knows what delays and what expedites the process. :D

I have seen in this forum where CIC forgets to send RPRF and an email from applicant helps catch the error. Also, I think that when an email is sent, file is not physically pulled, all that happens is that officer reads the email, looks at the file electronically and sends a generic reply.

Oh well, lets see what the future holds...Again, every case is different...

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
Good Evening fellow applicants!

I wanted to give a brief update regarding my landing procedure. I went to the Tsawwassen border crossing (South Vancouver) - very small and low traffic rate. I staid in my vehicle and drove to the US border booth. The officer asked me 3 questions: What are you doing in Canada? What will you be doing in the US? What do you do for work?

I responded to them all and explained that I am simply going around the flag pole for my permanent residency landing (I handed him the COPR papers together with Passport). He immediately asked me to pull my vehicle into a parking slot located on the US border side immediately adjacent to the US border booth. He also provided me with a bright orange slip of paper (there was text written on this slip, however, it was in a 'coded' language meant to not provide any information to people unfamiliar with the same) and asked me to come inside the building after I park.

I walked inside the US border building and handed an officer my orange slip (Passport and COPR were already inside the building). He was extremely friendly and asked me to wait for 5 minutes. He returned with a 1-page white form that simply stated my intentions under the comments section - "Flag-pole, permanent residency". This document also had two sections with square boxes that were meant to be 'checked off'. I specifically remember one of the boxes stating "refusal of entry" - neither box was checked, which made me less anxious (I have always wondered about this form and did not want it to impact my future travels to the United States). I also posed my previous question to the officer since I figured that this information would be helpful and alleviate some concerns some other forum members may have. He told me that this form has ZERO impact on any future travels - including if an officer accidentally checks either of the boxes.

I was then given back my passport and COPR documents and was asked to proceed to my vehicle and drive back towards the Canadian border. I waited for another 5 minutes until I reached the Canadian border booth. An officer simply asked me for my passport. I handed him the COPR, passport, and the white paper given to me by the US border agent. He told me to pull around the back of the building and park my vehicle in one of the provided spots.

Inside the Canadian border building, I walked up to the counter and provided the officer with all of my documents. She asked me to sit back down and wait. After roughly 10 minutes (it took longer since I arrived during their lunch time and only 2 officers were working inside the building), she called me back to the counter and asked me the questions contained within the COPR. Have you ever been arrested and/or convicted of a criminal and/or other charge? Do you have any dependents and/or did your family makeup change since filing the original documents? Do you have any new medical conditions since undergoing the medical exam?

I answered no to all of them EXCEPT the criminality question. I must explain my choice of answer here: Since you are under oath at the time of the landing procedure and you must initial next to each posed question right onto the COPR document and eventually sign and date the very bottom of the document, CIC may, at any time during your future dealings with CIC (for citizenship purposes, etc.), refer back to your answers. I was convicted of a traffic violation under the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act in 2009. Please keep in mind that I fully disclosed this conviction during my application process and Ottawa actually requested a 'court disposition' of this conviction. Also, I should note that this is NOT a criminal conviction (I have no criminal convictions anywhere in the world - which is another question they pose to all potential PR applicants during the landing procedure). Since answering no to this particular question would be a misrepresentation of facts, I chose to say the following: "I was never convicted of any criminal charges anywhere in the world, however, I was convicted in 2009 of a Motor Vehicle Act infraction ("Undue care and attention")". I handed her all the paperwork and court disposition in relation to this conviction and also provided her with the email correspondence between the CIC officer requesting the court disposition of the same in April of 2013. I provided the emails so that the border agent knew that this was fully disclosed and that, after reviewing this conviction, did not make me inadmissible. I also asked her to note that I fully disclosed this on my COPR and in her electronic records (in case there is reason to believe that I gave an inaccurate answer in any future proceedings with CIC). She told me that she was very grateful and impressed that I told her about this minor conviction and my scrutiny for accuracy and detail. After this conversation, she called me back to the counter (after about 5 minutes of waiting), and made me initial and sign the COPR document (I believe there are 4 or 5 questions requiring the applicants' initials).

After my signature was placed at the bottom of the COPR, I was smiling and thanked her for being so courteous. She then asked me for a mailing address to which my Permanent Residency Card will be mailed (she told me that this could take up 8 to 10 weeks and that I should avoid any travel outside of Canada until I receive this PR Card - she was also very adamant about never losing the signed COPR document stapled inside my passport AND my PR Card; she told me that I should remove the paper COPR document from my passport and keep it in a safe place and only carry my PR Card when traveling). She then congratulated me and removed my work Visa (which was stapled in my passport), and proceeded to rip it up in front of me. She then told me that I was free to work and live wherever I wanted and that I needed to maintain residency for at least 2 years in every 5-year period. She also provided me with some additional information regarding some requirements (obtain a new SIN number, health card, etc.) She then gave me a little Canadian flag and told me that I was free to go.

In summary, it was a very pleasant experience. My anxiety was not at all justified and I was pleasantly surprised to have been treated with such respect and kindness.

If you have any other questions regarding my above post, please don't hesitate to respond to this post - I usually check this forum every few days in order to help other applicants with my gathered knowledge over the past 3 years.

Derekjeeter

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
30-08-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013 and received by CIC on 15-08-2013
Interview........
Ecas shows "Decision Made"
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2013
slingshot_fuel said:

I wanted to give a brief update regarding my landing procedure. I went to the Tsawwassen border crossing (South Vancouver) - very small and low traffic rate. I staid in my vehicle and drove to the US border booth. The officer asked me 3 questions: What are you doing in Canada? What will you be doing in the US? What do you do for work?

I responded to them all and explained that I am simply going around the flag pole for my permanent residency landing (I handed him the COPR papers together with Passport). He immediately asked me to pull my vehicle into a parking slot located on the US border side immediately adjacent to the US border booth. He also provided me with a bright orange slip of paper (there was text written on this slip, however, it was in a 'coded' language meant to not provide any information to people unfamiliar with the same) and asked me to come inside the building after I park.

I walked inside the US border building and handed an officer my orange slip (Passport and COPR were already inside the building). He was extremely friendly and asked me to wait for 5 minutes. He returned with a 1-page white form that simply stated my intentions under the comments section - "Flag-pole, permanent residency". This document also had two sections with square boxes that were meant to be 'checked off'. I specifically remember one of the boxes stating "refusal of entry" - neither box was checked, which made me less anxious (I have always wondered about this form and did not want it to impact my future travels to the United States). I also posed my previous question to the officer since I figured that this information would be helpful and alleviate some concerns some other forum members may have. He told me that this form has ZERO impact on any future travels - including if an officer accidentally checks either of the boxes.

I was then given back my passport and COPR documents and was asked to proceed to my vehicle and drive back towards the Canadian border. I waited for another 5 minutes until I reached the Canadian border booth. An officer simply asked me for my passport. I handed him the COPR, passport, and the white paper given to me by the US border agent. He told me to pull around the back of the building and park my vehicle in one of the provided spots.

Inside the Canadian border building, I walked up to the counter and provided the officer with all of my documents. She asked me to sit back down and wait. After roughly 10 minutes (it took longer since I arrived during their lunch time and only 2 officers were working inside the building), she called me back to the counter and asked me the questions contained within the COPR. Have you ever been arrested and/or convicted of a criminal and/or other charge? Do you have any dependents and/or did your family makeup change since filing the original documents? Do you have any new medical conditions since undergoing the medical exam?

I answered no to all of them EXCEPT the criminality question. I must explain my choice of answer here: Since you are under oath at the time of the landing procedure and you must initial next to each posed question right onto the COPR document and eventually sign and date the very bottom of the document, CIC may, at any time during your future dealings with CIC (for citizenship purposes, etc.), refer back to your answers. I was convicted of a traffic violation under the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act in 2009. Please keep in mind that I fully disclosed this conviction during my application process and Ottawa actually requested a 'court disposition' of this conviction. Also, I should note that this is NOT a criminal conviction (I have no criminal convictions anywhere in the world - which is another question they pose to all potential PR applicants during the landing procedure). Since answering no to this particular question would be a misrepresentation of facts, I chose to say the following: "I was never convicted of any criminal charges anywhere in the world, however, I was convicted in 2009 of a Motor Vehicle Act infraction ("Undue care and attention")". I handed her all the paperwork and court disposition in relation to this conviction and also provided her with the email correspondence between the CIC officer requesting the court disposition of the same in April of 2013. I provided the emails so that the border agent knew that this was fully disclosed and that, after reviewing this conviction, did not make me inadmissible. I also asked her to note that I fully disclosed this on my COPR and in her electronic records (in case there is reason to believe that I gave an inaccurate answer in any future proceedings with CIC). She told me that she was very grateful and impressed that I told her about this minor conviction and my scrutiny for accuracy and detail. After this conversation, she called me back to the counter (after about 5 minutes of waiting), and made me initial and sign the COPR document (I believe there are 4 or 5 questions requiring the applicants' initials).

After my signature was placed at the bottom of the COPR, I was smiling and thanked her for being so courteous. She then asked me for a mailing address to which my Permanent Residency Card will be mailed (she told me that this could take up 8 to 10 weeks and that I should avoid any travel outside of Canada until I receive this PR Card - she was also very adamant about never losing the signed COPR document stapled inside my passport AND my PR Card; she told me that I should remove the paper COPR document from my passport and keep it in a safe place and only carry my PR Card when traveling). She then congratulated me and removed my work Visa (which was stapled in my passport), and proceeded to rip it up in front of me. She then told me that I was free to work and live wherever I wanted and that I needed to maintain residency for at least 2 years in every 5-year period. She also provided me with some additional information regarding some requirements (obtain a new SIN number, health card, etc.) She then gave me a little Canadian flag and told me that I was free to go.

In summary, it was a very pleasant experience. My anxiety was not at all justified and I was pleasantly surprised to have been treated with such respect and kindness.

If you have any other questions regarding my above post, please don't hesitate to respond to this post - I usually check this forum every few days in order to help other applicants with my gathered knowledge over the past 3 years.
Dear slingshot_ fuel

Congratulations and thanks for descriptive explanation.

Well done.

DJ

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
slingshot_fuel said:

==================

Congrats Slingshot..

Do we really need to inform the traffic conviction? I think it is not required...

Please confirm

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
mrniceguy3981 said:
==================

Congrats Slingshot..

Do we really need to inform the traffic conviction? I think it is not required...

Please confirm
If you read the question on your COPR, any subjective reasoning should be completely disregarded. It clearly reads: "Have you ever been convicted of a criminal or any other offense?" - This language is precise and without equivocation.

I cannot advise you since I am not your legal counsel; however, I would highly suggest that you answer the above question honestly. If you feel that any non-criminal conviction is immaterial to make CIC aware of, then this is your personal interpretation (not the legal one - based on the language of the question).

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
mrniceguy3981 said:
==================

Congrats Slingshot..

Please confirm
Also, please keep in mind that the immigration officers simply want to process you and get you out of their building. If you answer "Yes" to a simple Motor Vehicle Act conviction and inundate them with paperwork, it may actually motivate them to push you out the door even faster. This is just my personal opinion....

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
slingshot_fuel said:
Also, please keep in mind that the immigration officers simply want to process you and get you out of their building. If you answer "Yes" to a simple Motor Vehicle Act conviction and inundate them with paperwork, it may actually motivate them to push you out the door even faster. This is just my personal opinion....
==========================

Thanks slingshot_fuel..

I didn't inform the traffic conviction in my application.. What should i do now?

Should I inform when i do the landing?

Also, criminality check should have this recorded I guess...

Getting tensed now....

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
mrniceguy3981 said:

Thanks slingshot_fuel..

I didn't inform the traffic conviction in my application.. What should i do now?

Getting tensed now....
Please, do not worry! As far as the criminality checks (I assume your GCMS notes bear out that you have passed this stage) highlighting any non-criminal convictions is not correct - this check only reviews your background in regards to convictions that are deemed as 'criminal'. Unless you have a DUI conviction (or some other criminal conviction that derived from a traffic violation), you do not have anything to worry about.

If I may pose the question, what was your conviction? I am not referring to simple speeding tickets, parking infractions, etc. My case actually entered the courts and I hired an attorney.

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
jaddy013 said:
...I think that when an email is sent, file is not physically pulled, all that happens is that officer reads the email, looks at the file electronically and sends a generic reply.
Thats correct!

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
mrniceguy3981 said:

Thanks slingshot_fuel..

Getting tensed now....
In response to your question about informing the officer during your landing procedure, I can only speak from my personal research. I spoke with 3 immigration attorneys and they all concurred that I should respond in a clear manner. They all advised me to state that I was never convicted of a crime, however, I should note my 2009 conviction under the Motor Vehicle Act - even though this was already reviewed and fully disclosed during my application process (since it clearly states to do so - criminal and/or any other convictions) and this disclosure did not result in my inadmissibility. All of the attorneys agreed that during a possible future citizenship application, CIC may refer back to your COPR document (actually, this is more likely to happen than not) and review your signatures and initials next to each of the posed questions. I am now able to state that I fully disclosed my non-criminal conviction and that this is duly noted in their electronic system.

I would like to point out that you may choose to respond "No" to this particular question. However, in my particular case, I HAVE been convicted of a non-criminal infraction, and I cannot answer "No" to such a question without misrepresenting my background information. And trust me, they know everything anyhow... The United States still had records of a friend of mine shoplifting $25.00 DVD's at Target in Florida when he was 14 (he even had this particular record 'expunged' - which obviously does nothing when looking at the information available to immigration officers). Canada has an information-sharing system with a majority of other countries around the World - this is what the background check accomplishes. They contact foreign governments in order to validate the provided information in your application.

ked

Aug 30, 2009
I went for the medicals with Dr. Tony Salopek in Edmonton on Aug 3rd. I was advised if the Dr doesn't call me within 3-4 days there should be no concerns and that the medicals will be sent to Immigration within 10 days. Today I just found out they didn't send it yet. But they refused to to tell me the reason why. What they told me is not to worry and call back within a week to find out if they were sent... But they won't tell me why it wasn't sent yet. They told me my results are not in the call back list and there is nothing to worry about. But I don't know why it is being delayed.

Any one had that kind of experience before? I'm really getting worried now...

jaddy013

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
In April 2014
Any PPRs today?

jaddy013

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
In April 2014
User ID|Med rec'd at CIC|P P R |Days
abgh 29-Apr-13 - -
deepocan 29-Apr-13 - -
mahek286 07-May-13 26-Jul 80
cecapp369 05-May-1314-Aug 100
davidlee85 11-May-13 - -
aa001 13-May-13 - -
pjcanada 17-May-13 - -
tarun kumar devgan 27-May-13 - -
jhaja16 28-May-13 24-Jun 27
virajrao 29-May-13 19-Jun 21
canpr123 31-May-13 20-Jun 20
alexpritie 1-Jun-13 2-Aug 31
Canadavisa07 3-Jun-13 30-Jul 57
tbll 3-Jun-13 25-Jun 22
InfoSeeker12 3-Jun-13 - -
513263337 3-Jun-13 - -
kingofqueens 8-Jun-13 20-Jun 12
Ozge 11-Jun-13 25-Jun 14
madinxs 13-Jun-13 20-Aug 68
sidh0026 17-Jun-13 19-Jun 2
bickyii 19-Jun-13 20-Jun 1
jaddy013 20-Jun-13 - -
imatwkrp 20-Jun-13 - -
jammv 21-Jun-13 - -
mishki 23-Jun-13 - -
rajan123 25-Jun-13 3-Jul 8
july2012 27-Jun-13 3-Jul 6
slingshot_fuel 27-Jun-13 - -
skang 30-Jun-13 - -
pititdragon 2-Jul-13 - -
orko 8-Jul-13 15-Jul 7
kevin220 8-Jul-13 18-Jul 10
ERK29 11-Jul-13 30-Jul 19
Akrep 13-Jul-13 16-Jul 3
jesuslu 15-Jul-13 - -
shah0076 17-Jul-13 - -
claire14 20-Jul-13 - -
PCKUMAR 01-Aug-13 09-Aug-13 8
Gracez ??-Jun-13 - -
VishiOct2012 ??-Jun-13 - -

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
jaddy013 said:
User ID|Med rec'd at CIC|P P R |Days
abgh 29-Apr-13 - -
deepocan 29-Apr-13 - -
mahek286 07-May-13 26-Jul 80
cecapp369 05-May-1314-Aug 100
davidlee85 11-May-13 - -
aa001 13-May-13 - -
pjcanada 17-May-13 - -
tarun kumar devgan 27-May-13 - -
jhaja16 28-May-13 24-Jun 27
virajrao 29-May-13 19-Jun 21
canpr123 31-May-13 20-Jun 20
alexpritie 1-Jun-13 2-Aug 31
Canadavisa07 3-Jun-13 30-Jul 57
tbll 3-Jun-13 25-Jun 22
InfoSeeker12 3-Jun-13 - -
513263337 3-Jun-13 - -
kingofqueens 8-Jun-13 20-Jun 12
Ozge 11-Jun-13 25-Jun 14
madinxs 13-Jun-13 20-Aug 68
sidh0026 17-Jun-13 19-Jun 2
bickyii 19-Jun-13 20-Jun 1
jaddy013 20-Jun-13 - -
imatwkrp 20-Jun-13 - -
jammv 21-Jun-13 - -
mishki 23-Jun-13 - -
rajan123 25-Jun-13 3-Jul 8
july2012 27-Jun-13 3-Jul 6
slingshot_fuel 27-Jun-13 - -
skang 30-Jun-13 - -
pititdragon 2-Jul-13 - -
orko 8-Jul-13 15-Jul 7
kevin220 8-Jul-13 18-Jul 10
ERK29 11-Jul-13 30-Jul 19
Akrep 13-Jul-13 16-Jul 3
jesuslu 15-Jul-13 - -
shah0076 17-Jul-13 - -
claire14 20-Jul-13 - -
PCKUMAR 01-Aug-13 09-Aug-13 8
Gracez ??-Jun-13 - -
VishiOct2012 ??-Jun-13 - -
Have been waiting for over over 4 months now and still no PPR. Really hoping to get PPR soon..