+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport Request

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
crizzy said:
Got my passport request today, yehey....will submit passport tomorrow.
Me too, I just received an email from the embassy today. They are requesting for my passport for the issuance of my visa.

Nawala nga yung antok ko nung nabasa ko yung email. LOL!!!

According to the email, my visa will be valid until Feb. 2, 2011 (exactly one year from the date of my medical).

45 days to submit the passport as stated in the email.

I also just went to the DFA this morning to have my passport change from green to red. Released date is on April 22 via courier. I'll submit my passport as soon as it's delivered.

Just want to share my timeline:

Mar 2007 - applied for prov. nomination (under Manitoba PNP - General Stream)
July 2007 - denied (not enough proof of support by my close relative)
June 2008 - applied again
July 2009 - received LOA
Nov 2009 - submitted docs to Canadian Embassy (Makati)
Jan 20, 2010 - received letter requesting to undergo Medical
Feb 2, 2010 - underwent medical at Nationwide
Feb 17, 2010 - medical result forwarded to the embassy
April 7, 2010 - received email of passport request

Last step is visa issuance. Hopefully by May or early June.

mamiganda

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Harry_tang,

we also received Passport request last monday via email, the problem is we have to renew our passport from green to Machine readable, and our appoinment schedule to DFA is April 29 pa :(
How did you get your schedule? through appointment system din po ba?

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
To all who just received their PPR today,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! me, until now i havent received yet..its been 10 months now since the Embassy received my application. Im just wondering as to when is the start of counting of the 8 months processing, is it from the time they received my application or from the time they started to process my application...I hope you guys can help me on this matter. tnx

crizzy

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Raffy888 said:
Hi Crizzy,

Can you share to us your timeline from the start please if you dont mind...tnx
Hi Raffy888

Here's my timeline:

Sept 2009 - Approved Application received.
Dec 4 2009 - Sumit all docs to Embassy
Jan 22,2010-Received AOR, Medical Instruction
Feb 6, 2010-Medical done @ Nationwide
Feb 18,2010-Medical forwarded to Embassy
April 6, 2010 - PPR request received thru email
April 7,2010 - Will send Passport, Picture and Appendex A to Embassy. Note: Better if Red Passport ang isusubmit. Good Thing, narenew ko na yung Green Passport ko nung Feb so no hussle na.

Good Luck to all of us.

LeeAntz

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila-philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov - 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec - 2008
Nomination.....
December - 2009
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2010
Med's Done....
March 15, 2010 / Submitted to embassy March 31, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2010 / 8:16am thru email / Passport sent May 28, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
estimated time - july 8, 2010(30th day after submission-less weekends and holidays)
Harry_Tang said:
Me too, I just received an email from the embassy today. They are requesting for my passport for the issuance of my visa.

Nawala nga yung antok ko nung nabasa ko yung email. LOL!!!

According to the email, my visa will be valid until Feb. 2, 2011 (exactly one year from the date of my medical).

45 days to submit the passport as stated in the email.

I also just went to the DFA this morning to have my passport change from green to red. Released date is on April 22 via courier. I'll submit my passport as soon as it's delivered.

Just want to share my timeline:

Mar 2007 - applied for prov. nomination (under Manitoba PNP - General Stream)
July 2007 - denied (not enough proof of support by my close relative)
June 2008 - applied again
July 2009 - received LOA
Nov 2009 - submitted docs to Canadian Embassy (Makati)
Jan 20, 2010 - received letter requesting to undergo Medical
Feb 2, 2010 - underwent medical at Nationwide
Feb 17, 2010 - medical result forwarded to the embassy
April 7, 2010 - received email of passport request

Last step is visa issuance. Hopefully by May or early June.
buti ka pa...malapit na yan...im happy for you...sa nationwide din ako nagpamedical...and they submitted it last March 31, 2010 lang....thru email na ba ang request ng passport ngayon...di na sa mail.....mas mainam ata un kasi mas mabilis...with regards to the passport...mine is also green..thanks to this thread...i already made an appointment with DFA and i got May 12...hopefully while waiting for the request, i changed it na para walang hassle gano...I hope i will receive my Passport request on the third week of May...(using your timeline...)sana sakin mabilis din...God bless us all...

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
mamiganda said:
How did you get your schedule? through appointment system din po ba?
Yes, mine was also by appointment. I went online last March 21 and the date I got was yesterday (April 7). I arrived there at 7am and left at around 8am. The processing was very fast. The only downside is the "by appointment only" rule coz the waiting time is just too long.

I paid 1,200 pesos (rush processing). Released after 10 working days plus 120 pesos for delivery to our home. I thought they're going to get my green passport but they did not. Probably because it's not yet expired.

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
LeeAntz said:
thru email na ba ang request ng passport ngayon...di na sa mail....
I read here that some received their PPR via mail while some received theirs via email just like me.

I also read here that it usually takes the embassy between 1-3 months (from the date the medical result was forwarded to them) to inform the applicant/s of their decision.

Where's your destination? Winnipeg?

LeeAntz

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila-philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov - 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec - 2008
Nomination.....
December - 2009
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2010
Med's Done....
March 15, 2010 / Submitted to embassy March 31, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2010 / 8:16am thru email / Passport sent May 28, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
estimated time - july 8, 2010(30th day after submission-less weekends and holidays)
Harry_Tang said:
I read here that some received their PPR via mail while some received theirs via email just like me.

I also read here that it usually takes the embassy between 1-3 months (from the date the medical result was forwarded to them) to inform the applicant/s of their decision.

Where's your destination? Winnipeg?
yes harry...winnipeg...hope it wont last that long...waiting time is kinda frustrating.......

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
Raffy888 said:
To all who just received their PPR today,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! me, until now i havent received yet..its been 10 months now since the Embassy received my application. Im just wondering as to when is the start of counting of the 8 months processing, is it from the time they received my application or from the time they started to process my application...I hope you guys can help me on this matter. tnx
which embassy where?

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi Stevecanada,

Canadian Embassy Manila...But im already here in Canada under work permit. Thats why i just wondering how come that those applicants back home (Philippines) has a faster processing as compared to me in which im already here in Canada...its more than 3 months already since my medical was forwarded to the embassy.

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

Would you mind to help me regarding my permanent residence application. Im just wondering how come that until now i haven't heard anything yet from the Embassy? Based from the acknowledgement receipt that they sent to me, they received my application June 12, 2009 and they also said that if by February 15, 2010 i did not received any instruction from them then i can call them directly. But on February 22 i received a call from health services here in provost, alberta for me to undergo a TB test. I undergone said test and im tested Negative. The result was forwarded February 26...But unfortunately, i havent heard anything yet from the Embassy since February 26. My Agency here in Canada already made a Follow-up letter to the Embassy in Manila, Philippines. How long will i have to wait? would it be another 3 months? By the way, the Embassy started to process my application September 9, 2009. Please help me on this matter. Any help extended will be highly appreciated. Thanks...

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

The Embassy also indicated in their letter that the average processing time is 8 months. My question is, when is the 8 months counting starts, is it from the time they received my application (June 15, 2009) or from the time they started processing my papers (September 9, 2009)?

ab.gov.ca

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raffy888 said:
Hi ab.gov.ca,

Would you mind to help me regarding my permanent residence application. Im just wondering how come that until now i haven't heard anything yet from the Embassy? Based from the acknowledgement receipt that they sent to me, they received my application June 12, 2009 and they also said that if by February 15, 2010 i did not received any instruction from them then i can call them directly. But on February 22 i received a call from health services here in provost, alberta for me to undergo a TB test. I undergone said test and im tested Negative. The result was forwarded February 26...But unfortunately, i havent heard anything yet from the Embassy since February 26. My Agency here in Canada already made a Follow-up letter to the Embassy in Manila, Philippines. How long will i have to wait? would it be another 3 months? By the way, the Embassy started to process my application September 9, 2009. Please help me on this matter. Any help extended will be highly appreciated. Thanks...
Technically CIC Manilla should have responded in some way. Send them an email with all information:
Your Name:
Date of Birth
Category:
Immigration File Number:
Email: manil-gr@dfait-maeci.gc.ca