+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

Bohdana

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Can u send me the link where you saw the 8 weeks thing...
I can't find right now where I saw that on the CIC web page. But it was written that it takes from 2 to 8 weeks (excluding time for postal services) to send the passport back.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bohdana said:
I can't find right now where I saw that on the CIC web page. But it was written that it takes from 2 to 8 weeks (excluding time for postal services) to send the passport back.
ok.I will try to search..may be you can find it from your browsing history ;)

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
yahoo7 said:
ok.I will try to search..may be you can find it from your browsing history ;)
Please post the link here, if you find same :)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haven't found anything.

bondhana, any luck?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Bohdana,

Its really amazing if CIC has posted a timeline of 8 weeks. Because if our tracker is being reported with all honesty, then CIC is really off from their timelines. If you check the past 30 days or even extend it to 3 months, the average turnaround time is around 15-20 days=2.5 weeks? But perhaps they may have got bottle necked now (more than summer) and decided to be polite about it, hence posted a timeline. So pls, do share that link...we are all looking forward for it.

Yahoo7, completely understand your anxiety. If you haven't done this already, you may want to do send an email (yes, another one!) to CIC with outgoing xpress post tracking no. First of all, im sure they would have already ripped the envelope by now and your passport would be lying with pages wide-open on some officer's desk waiting to get stamped. But just incase, its still in the mailroom, let them know the tracking number, the time it reached and your concern.

I tried it...no response :( But doesnt mean you or anyone shouldn't try it. We all know how moody CIC is.

All the best.

Bohdana

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
yahoo7 said:
haven't found anything.

bondhana, any luck?
Frankly speaking, did mot have time for searches for the last days. Try to do that this evening. I only know that I was looking fir this info when we sent the passports. And the given timeline was as "typically".

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
I have sent my passport to CIC and was signed by someone at the destination address but wanted to confirm with CIC if they have received my passport. Has anyone emailed CIC regarding that? What have you written?

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
I'm going to do that when it's delivered. I'm just going to ask to confirm the receipt of my passport and docs and obviously include File number/client number/D.O.B etc.

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
BTW in another thread some were also saying 8/9 weeks but they didn't site any links/sources.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/after-sending-passport-how-long-does-cic-take-to-stamp-the-pr-visa-t151132.0.html

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent one more email to CIC today morning..6th email in the past 3 weeks..the waiting continues...

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
yahoo7 said:
Sent one more email to CIC today morning..6th email in the past 3 weeks..the waiting continues...
Hi Yahoo7... With all due respect...but I cant really stop myself at feeling amused, surprised and pity at you... As someone earlier mentioned, you have reached this stage, so why dont you wait a bit more ?! ... Bombarding CIC with multiple emails, in my opinion , would do no good. (CIC website itself asks us not to send more than two emails for the same request and also, they wont reply to our emails, unless certain conditions are met.)...

I'd say, have patience.
Also, when we say no updates in September, I hope e are not making ourselves blind and thinking the members of Canadavisa.com forum are the only ones applied for PR. I know colleagues of mine who had their VISA issued and landing done in September. So, Pray to God and be steadfast...Good things will follow...

Seriosuly, No offense meant.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
immigrant7 said:
Hi Yahoo7... With all due respect...but I cant really stop myself at feeling amused, surprised and pity at you... As someone earlier mentioned, you have reached this stage, so why dont you wait a bit more ?! ... Bombarding CIC with multiple emails, in my opinion , would do no good. (CIC website itself asks us not to send more than two emails for the same request and also, they wont reply to our emails, unless certain conditions are met.)...

I'd say, have patience.
Also, when we say no updates in September, I hope e are not making ourselves blind and thinking the members of Canadavisa.com forum are the only ones applied for PR. I know colleagues of mine who had their VISA issued and landing done in September. So, Pray to God and be steadfast...Good things will follow...

Seriosuly, No offense meant.
very well said :)

kar_thikk

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office -- Transferred to Ottawa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Feb 2010/14 April 2010
AOR Received.
14 April 2010
IELTS Request
14 April 2010
File Transfer...
20 April 2010
Med's Request
16 Jan 2012/15 May 2013
Med's Done....
24 May 2013
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
12 Aug 2013; Passport Sent: 22-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-August-2013
LANDED..........
19-October-2013
yahoo7 said:
Hi Yahoo/Guys,

Just spoke to my consultant and they mentioned that I should not send multiple emails to the CIC asking about passport status because each time I send an email, that removes my file out of the current queue and then it is placed back again in the queue but at the end so that delays the processing of your file.

Not sure how true this could be but so far my expererience with my consultant has been good. They have been honest and truthful, So i am thinking this could be a reason why some of our files are delayed.(If we have sent multiple emails)

They told me to wait till this week since it normally takes about 3-4 weeks excluding shipping/postal time. Have requested them to see if they can followup and provide me an update.

Thanks !!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for letting us know kar_thikk...I will hold off forever and just wait for my passport from now onwards...by the way, when did CIC receive your PP, wanted to update the table.