+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for oath at Vancouver

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
I gave my test in early Feb. and it is been a month and no oath notification yet, called the CIC and they dont even have the test scores registered in the system?? any other with similar cases

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
123sMike said:
I gave my test in early Feb. and it is been a month and no oath notification yet, called the CIC and they dont even have the test scores registered in the system?? any other with similar cases
Go into the Vancouver threat...we are waiting for oath.
I took and passed test in Jan 21...nothing yet! Vancouver office is really slowwwwwww

Jan 2014- Vancouver test taker- Waiting for oath Thread

Vangirl

Mar 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just found out my oath date online! (Vancouver office & RQ received May 2013). Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes?

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
How come no oath news from Vancouver? Any one from Vancouver got the oath letter?

Thanks,
Jaeco

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Hi Jrseee,

Have you received the oath letter yet?

Your reply will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Jaeco

May 1, 2014
Here is my timeline - Vancouver office

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6.You became a Canadian citizen on April 28, 2014.

darumal

Apr 9, 2014
Congrats~ your application was so quick to proceed and completed.

My application started processing in Jun 2013 but I haven't rec'd the exam notice yet.

I counted 6 months spent in Canada before I became PR while it was only 100 days more out of the basic requirement (1,095)

Will it be the reason they spent extra time on my application? Tks

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Vancouverite2904 said:
Here is my timeline - Vancouver office

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6.You became a Canadian citizen on April 28, 2014.
Thanks Vancouverite2904 for telling us your timeline. Congrats!! Do you still remember when you received your oath letter?