+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for my interview call

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hi All,

It has been almost 10 months since I have applied for my citizenship and I am still awaiting a decision on my application. As I am based in Mississauga I believe that my application is with Mississauga office.

I am beginning to get concerned now to be honest as it is taking too long.

Here are my details :-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 11, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2017.
I know people who applied after me and have either got a test call / oath call but I am still stuck.

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions ?

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
Hi All,

It has been almost 10 months since I have applied for my citizenship and I am still awaiting a decision on my application. As I am based in Mississauga I believe that my application is with Mississauga office.

I am beginning to get concerned now to be honest as it is taking too long.

Here are my details :-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 11, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2017.
I know people who applied after me and have either got a test call / oath call but I am still stuck.

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions ?
I applied on August 28, 2017, In Process since November 10, 2017.
We can do nothing other than wait

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
There are too many people waiting around your dates. As already observed and proven many times, a few weeks here and there has no bearing as the applications are not sequential. So although the delay is frustrating, I dont think you should be *concerned* at individual level.

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Sir at least you got some communication for fingerprints check ? I haven't even recieved that as of now.
You can order GCMS notes to have a look at your application progress.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
What is your situation:
- do you have PR or working status in any other country than Canada and your home country
- do you have continuous full-time education/working history in Canada, did you file tax returns
- what are your absences from Canada - often, regular, rare
- did you immigrate/travel from/to the country that US government might refer as axe of evil member

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
What is your situation:
- do you have PR or working status in any other country than Canada and your home country
- do you have continuous full-time education/working history in Canada, did you file tax returns
- did you immigrate/travel from/to the country that US government might refer as axe of evil member
Total nonsense. You would think these things have an impact on processing but they don't really. There are people unemployed who traveled many times and got processed quicker than others who didn't leave the country once.

I'm also Mississauga and waiting since October, when you call they would say, you're still within one year as if when you complete one year exactly,, poof ,, done,, here's your citizenship. It will take them another 6 months after the year to process.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Total nonsense. You would think these things have an impact on processing but they don't really. There are people unemployed who traveled many times and got processed quicker than others who didn't leave the country once.

I'm also Mississauga and waiting since October, when you call they would say, you're still within one year as if when you complete one year exactly,, poof ,, done,, here's your citizenship. It will take them another 6 months after the year to process.
Well, I don’t agree with you.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
There are too many people waiting around your dates. As already observed and proven many times, a few weeks here and there has no bearing as the applications are not sequential. So although the delay is frustrating, I dont think you should be *concerned* at individual level.
Appreciate the response.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
What is your situation:
Here are the answers to your questions :-

I still have Indian citizenship alongwith my Canadian PR.

Yes

I do travel outside Canada on work and have spent sometime outside Canada on work / pleasure over the last 5 years which I can understand might be something they are looking at but it is all accounted for.

No

Last edited:

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018

I understad your pain Sir. I genuinely believe that the immigration system in this country needs to be improved. The timelines and process are just too lengthy and opaque. Wish you well in your application process.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
What is your situation:
I do not agree with the first 3 points of your reply... I personally know that has no bearing on a citizenship application...
What matters is the residency days, language and the test....

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Well here is what I have done to get things moving and maybe others in this thread can do so as well :-

1. Requested for my GCMS notes online. Very simple process and took just 5 minutes and if you are applying for yourself it is free of cost. The timeline for the same is 30 business days so let's see when I recieve it. Thanks Optimist22222 for the suggestion.

2. Written to the MP of my riding requesting his intervention. I have been advised that by a few people on other threads and also people I have discussed my case with to try this out as well. Make sure you approach your MP and NOT MPP as I did that mistake earlier.

Wish you all well with your application process.

For all those loooking at a proces to apply for GCMS notes on your file here is the link that helped me. Passing it along :-

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The wait times for the GTA seems longer than usual compared to other areas. All we can do is just wait it out.