+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for immigration while pregnant

doc sid

Apr 3, 2013
dear all,
my husband and I applied for FSW program in Nov,2011 from Lahore,Pakistan.We did our medical tests on 31 Oct,2012.in Jan 2013 I found out that I was pregnant.At the time we thought that we would receive visa by Feb/Mar as the letter accompanying said review would take four months.it is five months now and each time i enquire of the london visa office they tell me my file is in que for immigration officer to review.Today they told me it would take another two months for our turn.by that time il b 6 months pregnant and i dont know if i can travel to canada and take the stress of travel and setting up home in canada.I dont know why there is delay in review? and wat i should do if i cant travel before sept when the baby is due? and if my baby is born in Pakistan wat will happen next?
the entire immigration process is driving me insane.if anyone has been through the same scenario i would appreciate any info u can give......esp abt why the delay? and wat i should do next? should i inform visa office of pregnancy or should I wait and let baby be born in Pakistan? and if the baby is born here wat effect it will have on my application?

thank you

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
You should wait for process to finalise, i don't think that it'll be long before you will receive visas. You dont have to notify VO that you are pregnant as baby hasn't been born yet, they should be notified after baby is born.
If you don't think that you can travel when you get visas that you will have to wait for baby's birth and can than apply for baby's COPR which may take a while.
Best option would be to immigrate as soon as receive visas to avoid another long process afterwards.
Make sure to take health insurance as in most provices, 1st 3 month's aren't covered under health insurance and hospitalizations can cost fortune here.

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
Hi there,
We were in the same situation where my wife was also pregnant and we were waiting for our visas. Thank God we got everything on time. You can travel upto 34 weeks without a doc note and 36 weeks with a doc note. It is a risk to travel in this situation but if you wait after the baby is born you will have to start the whole process again. So I hope you get your visas on time. My wife travelled when she was 32 weeks and thank God everything went well.

annmarypallickal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2011
Doc's Request.
april 2011
AOR Received.
may 2011
File Transfer...
june 2011
Med's Request
january 2013
Med's Done....
february 2013
Passport Req..
january 2013
VISA ISSUED...
april 2013
LANDED..........
april 2013
ABMIR said:
Hi there,
We were in the same situation where my wife was also pregnant and we were waiting for our visas. Thank God we got everything on time. You can travel upto 34 weeks without a doc note and 36 weeks with a doc note. It is a risk to travel in this situation but if you wait after the baby is born you will have to start the whole process again. So I hope you get your visas on time. My wife travelled when she was 32 weeks and thank God everything went well.
hi mates,

i am also in the same situation.my wife is preganent 24 weeks now..i dont know when my file will be approved for Visa.it is been 8 weeks since i submitted medicals and PP and other documents...my BP is going high......

i have two questions:

1)if we land there very close to the date of delivery,how much the cost will come for maternity treatments?is it affordable by us?
2)i heard that few provinces will cover our medicals from the day when we land there...is it right?
if so the materbity also cover in that?

anyway way i have sent CSE to New delhi VO today by mentioning all the status.....

god only can help in this situation......

if we ad new born from india,then gone......it will take another 1 year to get visa for whole family...

rgds,

ann

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
I am in the same ride. Me along with my family did our medicals along with the X-ray (wife was 20 weeks pregnant at tht time) , I forwarded the doctor certificate and informed the Lvo about her pregnancy from my side as well as the same would have been intimated by in the medical reports as we requested the apron sheet for the X-ray.

There was 4 months processing time mentioned in the email of medicals. Though I inquired and came to know that a pvt normal delivery will cost around 10000$ , but the attraction point is after u receive the health card you can claim for the reimbursement of the amount spent at the time of the delivery.

I have planned to land as soon I get the visas. Don't want to stuck / extend my case.

Any1 who receives the visa in this situation is requested to share his timeline.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Not sure if this reimbursement thing works. Did you find it written somewhere?

shkhassan said:
I am in the same ride. Me along with my family did our medicals along with the X-ray (wife was 20 weeks pregnant at tht time) , I forwarded the doctor certificate and informed the Lvo about her pregnancy from my side as well as the same would have been intimated by in the medical reports as we requested the apron sheet for the X-ray.

There was 4 months processing time mentioned in the email of medicals. Though I inquired and came to know that a pvt normal delivery will cost around 10000$ , but the attraction point is after u receive the health card you can claim for the reimbursement of the amount spent at the time of the delivery.

I have planned to land as soon I get the visas. Don't want to stuck / extend my case.

Any1 who receives the visa in this situation is requested to share his timeline.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I would suggest you confirm it once again with solid proof.

shkhassan said:
my consultant told me and Had read it somewhere on this forum.

doc sid

Apr 3, 2013
@ ann

Quebec Alberta and Prince Edward Island offer medical insurance as soon as as u take up residence.Im sure about Quebec and Alberta because i emailed them and Alberta replied that they will cover.Quebec covers emergency such as domestic abuse,pregnancy and its related issues.It is on their website.I havnt emailed PEI because i was a bit reluctant to go there.

i have also heard about reimbursement from a friend who is on PR living in Canada but have not read it anywhere on the official sites.

The info for health insurance is available on cic.gc.ca in what to do after you arrive in Canada.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
shkhassan said:
my consultant told me and Had read it somewhere on this forum.
Your consultant is wrong. You will only be reimbursed if you already applied for healthcare and qualified for it, but were waiting for the card to come. If you don't qualify or don't apply, it wil come from your pocket. So, if there's a 3 month waiting period in the province you move to and she gives birth at two months, you will pay the entire bill yourself.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
doc sid said:
@ ann

Quebec Alberta and Prince Edward Island offer medical insurance as soon as as u take up residence.Im sure about Quebec and Alberta because i emailed them and Alberta replied that they will cover.Quebec covers emergency such as domestic abuse,pregnancy and its related issues.It is on their website.I havnt emailed PEI because i was a bit reluctant to go there.

i have also heard about reimbursement from a friend who is on PR living in Canada but have not read it anywhere on the official sites.

The info for health insurance is available on cic.gc.ca in what to do after you arrive in Canada.
Keep in mind, you must stay in those provinces. Alberta requires at least 6 months residency in the province. If you leave before the 6 months is up, they may decide to send you the bill.

doc sid

Apr 3, 2013
the cost of a private delivery varies upwards of $5000 depending on your particular case from what iv read. with costs adding up if case is done surgically, in a private room or with epidural etc.

after all my research im left with more questions then answers......
so what should i do in case i dont get visa on time and i cant travel?

I realy dont want to wait longer to reach Canada its been a year and a half already.my husband and i are both oral and maxillofacial surgeons so as it is we have a long hard road before us even after we land in Canada.Frankly im getting a bit tired of not having all the info at hand and dont understand why this entire process is so shrouded in mystery and why the VO wont give straight answers about timelines and insist on being vague:-(

annmarypallickal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2011
Doc's Request.
april 2011
AOR Received.
may 2011
File Transfer...
june 2011
Med's Request
january 2013
Med's Done....
february 2013
Passport Req..
january 2013
VISA ISSUED...
april 2013
LANDED..........
april 2013
doc sid said:
@ ann

thanks doc...for nice information.

rgds,

ann

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
amikety said:
Your consultant is wrong. You will only be reimbursed if you already applied for healthcare and qualified for it, but were waiting for the card to come. If you don't qualify or don't apply, it wil come from your pocket. So, if there's a 3 month waiting period in the province you move to and she gives birth at two months, you will pay the entire bill yourself.
OHHH that's informative. I'll confirm from other sources . Thanks

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc sid said:
the cost of a private delivery varies upwards of $5000 depending on your particular case from what iv read. with costs adding up if case is done surgically, in a private room or with epidural etc.

after all my research im left with more questions then answers......
so what should i do in case i dont get visa on time and i cant travel?

I realy dont want to wait longer to reach Canada its been a year and a half already.my husband and i are both oral and maxillofacial surgeons so as it is we have a long hard road before us even after we land in Canada.Frankly im getting a bit tired of not having all the info at hand and dont understand why this entire process is so shrouded in mystery and why the VO wont give straight answers about timelines and insist on being vague:-(
There is no fixed time frame on the amount of delay it might take in the Immigration queue. So, you should mentally be prepared to deliver the child in your home country. If you receive your Permanent Resident Visa before that then you will be able to deliver the baby in Canada, otherwise you have to deliver the baby in your home country. So, be mentally prepared to deliver the child in your home country.