+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for hearing

amirakhavan

Jan 16, 2013
Hi all
i landed in 2006 in Canada and my pr card expired in 2011 when i was abroad . i should mention that here , before i l left canada, i already applied for renewal pr card but it was in process for long time . i tried to get travel document to came back to canada but it refused and i had to got an appeal when my renewal pr card was in process yet .meanwhile when my appeal was in process i got a surprising news that The immigration posted me my new pr card . finally i came back in last summer and they renew my pr card just for 1 year . i thouth it is a my new statys in canada but my somebody told me that Sad its not yout new status , your new pr card is like that a visa and you should waiting for hearing ). now i have a court for the decision and hearing appeal in next month . im so stressfull . im in land about 11 month . is that any possibility they refused my appeal and after 1 year that i leave here again , ask me to left canada? all of my family is here and if it happen i have to come back and live alone in my back home as a single woman Sad
im waiting for your reply

KITTI

May 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirakhavan said:
Hi all
i landed in 2006 in Canada and my pr card expired in 2011 when i was abroad . i should mention that here , before i l left canada, i already applied for renewal pr card but it was in process for long time . i tried to get travel document to came back to canada but it refused and i had to got an appeal when my renewal pr card was in process yet .meanwhile when my appeal was in process i got a surprising news that The immigration posted me my new pr card . finally i came back in last summer and they renew my pr card just for 1 year . i thouth it is a my new statys in canada but my somebody told me that Sad its not yout new status , your new pr card is like that a visa and you should waiting for hearing ). now i have a court for the decision and hearing appeal in next month . im so stressfull . im in land about 11 month . is that any possibility they refused my appeal and after 1 year that i leave here again , ask me to left canada? all of my family is here and if it happen i have to come back and live alone in my back home as a single woman Sad

Hi Amira
are you still in Canada? what happened with your hearing?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirakhavan said:
Hi all
The chance of success at appeal depends on the reason you were absent from Canada. If it was a lifestyle reason such as a better job with more money than you would get in Canada then its not considered a valid reason. If its because you were seriously sick or were looking after a close family member say a parent who was seriously sick then its considered a Humanitarian and Compassionate ground and you are more likely to win the appeal.