+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting + 3 months since test/interview to DM. Anyone else?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
What does the 12 month processing time even mean in real terms, if anything? If your application exceeds 12 months, is there any course of action open to you that will achieve anything or is it merely their own target that they can and will ignore at will, with no recourse?
No one really knows ... even if you exceed it they can tell you it's average ... each case is different ... we are working on your app ... bla bla bla

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
no update ... still in process
I suggest you contact MP ... your application is complete there is no reason you are not in queue for oath

Reactions: baaqeel

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
finally .... today my wife and my status has been changed to decision made:):):)

i wish you all the same ASAP
wow extremely happy for you man !!!! ENJOY !!! our turn is gonna come just a matter of time

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Hey guys, just got my ATIP file:

Assessments: (Montreal Office)

Knowledge: Passed (Feb 14)
Residence: In Progress
Language: Passed
Prohibition: Not Yet Started (What is this?)
Security: (Nothing just blank)
Criminality: Passed
(It also says by like page 10: Eligibility Adult Prohibition: 1 Status: Completed).

I was requested an RQ0205 (Taxes, Contracts, Rentals, Passport Copies) which I replied to like 1week later (Apri 02). ATIP says my supplementary documents are being reviewed/analyzed...

I know what patience is but I have been in Canada for 11years now and missed C-24 by 8weeks.... and I am very in a rush as I need to plan for many things and make some decision.. you'all know the feeling anyways.

PS: IP Since Jan 05/18

Any thoughts/ideas/advices(other then waiting lol)...
THANK YOU FRIENDS :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Another week of deep frustration with zero progress. Even a colleague of mine who submitted his application 1.5 months after me who has extensive travel records including one full year living and working outside Canada during his eligibility period, he received yesterday his test invitation and oath as well so he will do both in the same day! He was not even asked for FP despite his extensive travel records! And for me I did not leave Canada for a single day and I passed my test 3 months ago and also I submitted FP more than 3 months ago and still zero progress!!!!!!!

Jass.5k

Apr 7, 2018
Another week of deep frustration with zero progress. Even a colleague of mine who submitted his application 1.5 months after me who has extensive travel records including one full year living and working outside Canada during his eligibility period, he received yesterday his test invitation and oath as well so he will do both in the same day! He was not even asked for FP despite his extensive travel records! And for me I did not leave Canada for a single day and I passed my test 3 months ago and also I submitted FP more than 3 months ago and still zero progress!!!!!!!
give them a call , you have the right to ask about your application

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
I called twice and every time I get the same answer: all looks good, we are not waiting for any input or any action from you, still in background check and still within the 12 months!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
No need to be frustrated. Best forecast of when you will be scheduled to take the oath ranges from SOON to sometime LATER THIS YEAR. Difficult-to-impossible to make any credible guess more precise than that.

Even entirely routine applications will vary widely in their timeline. Even applicants applying around the same time, in similar circumstances, processed in the same local office, can easily see a timeline ranging from six to ten months longer for one compared to the other.

IRCC is a bueaucracy, a big bureaucracy, and bureaucracies are what bureaucracies do.

Think taking the 401 westbound from Younge to Dixon Road 4:30 p.m. on a Friday afternoon during construction season. Plan to do some waiting.

MOREOVER, your application is NOT ROUTINE.

For the majority of applicants required to submit Finger Prints that typically, usually, does NOT knock the application much off the typical routine track (in which, again, more than a few applicants will see a timeline THREE times as long as the fastest, and most will have a timeline around TWICE as long as the fastest). But a Finger Print request is NOT routine (common but not routine), and for those subject to a FP requirement there is a corresponding risk of some additional non-routine processing, perhaps delay.

That is, the majority of those required to submit FPs need not worry about much of a delay, let alone any inordinate delays, but of course it can cause at least a bit of a delay and for some applicants FP requests may be related to collateral queries which can indeed result in significant delays.

Re No Trips Abroad versus the Frequent Traveler:

Meanwhile, unfortunately, an application based on NO travel abroad, can sometimes arouse more concern than the frequent traveler's application.

In particular, I have no idea if there are any concerns, any elevated scrutiny about your physical presence calculation, PROBABLY NOT.

BUT contrary to what some think, NO trips Abroad can invite questions. Depending, of course, on the individual, ranging from the individual's immigration history itself to the individual's specific circumstances.

For example: there is little reason to second-guess a refugee-PR's claim to have never traveled outside Canada. But if an American citizen living in Toronto has family in Buffalo, NY, and claims she never left Canada once in more than three years, IRCC is likely to entertain some doubts and do some digging. In-between those extremes the variables are many, their permutations practically incalculable, but the bottom-line is that an applicant's declared travel history is, of course, evaluated in context with all the other information IRCC has about the applicant. And no travel abroad, at all, can invite questions, even suspicions, depending on the individual's personal case.

In contrast, very much contrary to what many think, the frequent traveler now benefits from easily verified dates of entry into Canada. Thus, for example, in the case of someone who has traveled regularly into the U.S. who accurately reports a dozen or two dozen trips a year, who otherwise has a solid employment history in Canada, IRCC can readily verify most or all of those entries, each of which documents actually coming into and thus being in Canada, and when this is corroborated by a solid employment history that will easily dissolve any questions or concerns about that person's presence in Canada.

Compare:
-- Applicant who reports presence in Canada from October 5, 2014 to October 12, 2017, and no trips abroad during this time, total approximately 1103 days APP (Actually-Physically-Present)
-- Applicant who reports residing and working full time in Canada since June 3, 2014 and who reports forty trips outside Canada between June 3, 2014 and November 27, 2017, reporting (roughly, approximately) a total of around 135 days abroad (three dozen short trips to the U.S. and an annual substantial holiday abroad) and 1130 days present in Canada​

All other factors being relatively equal, the latter, the traveler, probably has the stronger case. Perhaps significantly stronger depending on how much sense it makes that the Non-traveler is someone who would not travel abroad at all for three plus years.

Consider, for example, the fact that the first, the non-traveler, is relying on IRCC making the inference that she was in Canada every day between October 5, 2014 and October 12, 2017, with NO direct government records to document any particular day she was in Canada.

In contrast, the traveler has FORTY easily verified dates on which he entered Canada in-between June 2013 and November 2017, and with full time employment in Canada there is clear evidence of a pattern corroborating presence in Canada between those readily verified (in CBSA records) dates of entry and reported dates of exit. In this instance IRCC is not only likely to rely on the inference of presence between reported date of entry and next reported date of exit, the pattern almost mandates that IRCC make this inference (in the absence of conflicting information, not to rely on this inference would be unreasonable).

Mostly, however, it DEPENDS, and CONTEXT LOOMS LARGE. IRCC processing agents are trained and experienced in evaluating bits and pieces of information against the whole picture of other information. They mostly get it. But they do NOT have a crystal ball. They have to rely on the evidence and reasonable inferences derived from the evidence. The irony, for the non-traveler versus frequent traveler, is that the latter tends to have more readily verifiable data-points, more evidence, less need for IRCC to rely on broad inferences.

THAT SAID, I do not mean to put too much emphasis on the prospects of IRCC having concerns about the applicant's reported travel history. For the vast majority of qualified applicants, there are few or NO concerns, and IRCC readily gives the applicant the benefit of the inference of presence between reported date of entry and next date of exit. NO PROBLEM. No cause for worry or frustration. BUT THE TIMELINE WILL NONETHELESS VARY AND VARY CONSIDERABLY. Very similar applicants can sail through the process in five months, while for most it will be six to eight months, and for many it could be more like ten months to a year (general timeline subject to change depending on how well IRCC is actually handling the surge in applications). And the latter, those for whom it takes ten or more months, may have every bit as strong a case as the those who sailed through in barely five months. As I said, and it is obvious, IRCC is a bureaucracy and a bureaucracy is what a bureaucracy does. That is just how it works.

Reactions: robinhood_1984

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
No need to be frustrated. Best forecast of when you will be scheduled to take the oath ranges from SOON to sometime LATER THIS YEAR. Difficult-to-impossible to make any credible guess more precise than that.

Even entirely routine applications will vary widely in their timeline. Even applicants applying around the same time, in similar circumstances, processed in the same local office, can easily see a timeline ranging from six to ten months longer for one compared to the other.

IRCC is a bueaucracy, a big bureaucracy, and bureaucracies are what bureaucracies do.

Think taking the 401 westbound from Younge to Dixon Road 4:30 p.m. on a Friday afternoon during construction season. Plan to do some waiting.

MOREOVER, your application is NOT ROUTINE.

For the majority of applicants required to submit Finger Prints that typically, usually, does NOT knock the application much off the typical routine track (in which, again, more than a few applicants will see a timeline THREE times as long as the fastest, and most will have a timeline around TWICE as long as the fastest). But a Finger Print request is NOT routine (common but not routine), and for those subject to a FP requirement there is a corresponding risk of some additional non-routine processing, perhaps delay.

That is, the majority of those required to submit FPs need not worry about much of a delay, let alone any inordinate delays, but of course it can cause at least a bit of a delay and for some applicants FP requests may be related to collateral queries which can indeed result in significant delays.

Re No Trips Abroad versus the Frequent Traveler:

Meanwhile, unfortunately, an application based on NO travel abroad, can sometimes arouse more concern than the frequent traveler's application.

In particular, I have no idea if there are any concerns, any elevated scrutiny about your physical presence calculation, PROBABLY NOT.

BUT contrary to what some think, NO trips Abroad can invite questions. Depending, of course, on the individual, ranging from the individual's immigration history itself to the individual's specific circumstances.

For example: there is little reason to second-guess a refugee-PR's claim to have never traveled outside Canada. But if an American citizen living in Toronto has family in Buffalo, NY, and claims she never left Canada once in more than three years, IRCC is likely to entertain some doubts and do some digging. In-between those extremes the variables are many, their permutations practically incalculable, but the bottom-line is that an applicant's declared travel history is, of course, evaluated in context with all the other information IRCC has about the applicant. And no travel abroad, at all, can invite questions, even suspicions, depending on the individual's personal case.

In contrast, very much contrary to what many think, the frequent traveler now benefits from easily verified dates of entry into Canada. Thus, for example, in the case of someone who has traveled regularly into the U.S. who accurately reports a dozen or two dozen trips a year, who otherwise has a solid employment history in Canada, IRCC can readily verify most or all of those entries, each of which documents actually coming into and thus being in Canada, and when this is corroborated by a solid employment history that will easily dissolve any questions or concerns about that person's presence in Canada.

Compare:
-- Applicant who reports presence in Canada from October 5, 2014 to October 12, 2017, and no trips abroad during this time, total approximately 1103 days APP (Actually-Physically-Present)
-- Applicant who reports residing and working full time in Canada since June 3, 2014 and who reports forty trips outside Canada between June 3, 2014 and November 27, 2017, reporting (roughly, approximately) a total of around 135 days abroad (three dozen short trips to the U.S. and an annual substantial holiday abroad) and 1130 days present in Canada​

All other factors being relatively equal, the latter, the traveler, probably has the stronger case. Perhaps significantly stronger depending on how much sense it makes that the Non-traveler is someone who would not travel abroad at all for three plus years.

Consider, for example, the fact that the first, the non-traveler, is relying on IRCC making the inference that she was in Canada every day between October 5, 2014 and October 12, 2017, with NO direct government records to document any particular day she was in Canada.

In contrast, the traveler has FORTY easily verified dates on which he entered Canada in-between June 2013 and November 2017, and with full time employment in Canada there is clear evidence of a pattern corroborating presence in Canada between those readily verified (in CBSA records) dates of entry and reported dates of exit. In this instance IRCC is not only likely to rely on the inference of presence between reported date of entry and next reported date of exit, the pattern almost mandates that IRCC make this inference (in the absence of conflicting information, not to rely on this inference would be unreasonable).

Mostly, however, it DEPENDS, and CONTEXT LOOMS LARGE. IRCC processing agents are trained and experienced in evaluating bits and pieces of information against the whole picture of other information. They mostly get it. But they do NOT have a crystal ball. They have to rely on the evidence and reasonable inferences derived from the evidence. The irony, for the non-traveler versus frequent traveler, is that the latter tends to have more readily verifiable data-points, more evidence, less need for IRCC to rely on broad inferences.

THAT SAID, I do not mean to put too much emphasis on the prospects of IRCC having concerns about the applicant's reported travel history. For the vast majority of qualified applicants, there are few or NO concerns, and IRCC readily gives the applicant the benefit of the inference of presence between reported date of entry and next date of exit. NO PROBLEM. No cause for worry or frustration. BUT THE TIMELINE WILL NONETHELESS VARY AND VARY CONSIDERABLY. Very similar applicants can sail through the process in five months, while for most it will be six to eight months, and for many it could be more like ten months to a year (general timeline subject to change depending on how well IRCC is actually handling the surge in applications). And the latter, those for whom it takes ten or more months, may have every bit as strong a case as the those who sailed through in barely five months. As I said, and it is obvious, IRCC is a bureaucracy and a bureaucracy is what a bureaucracy does. That is just how it works.
Thank you for your response. In my particular case, I am a full time employee working for one of the biggest & reputable companies in Canada since I came until now, filed and paid my taxes on time every year with T4s in CRA records, having 3 children born in Canada and going to preschools and schools in Canada and already submitted school reports for them to IRCC with my application. Also my wife submitted her application with me and she never left Canada and her application is decision made for more than 3 months and mine is not?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thank you for your response. In my particular case, I am a full time employee working for one of the biggest & reputable companies in Canada since I came until now, filed and paid my taxes on time every year with T4s in CRA records, having 3 children born in Canada and going to preschools and schools in Canada and already submitted school reports for them to IRCC with my application. Also my wife submitted her application with me and she never left Canada and her application is decision made for more than 3 months and mine is not?
Your application appears as though it should easily be within fairly typical timelines. No problem. Thus, again, you should be scheduled for the oath and that could be SOON or sometime LATER THIS YEAR. Probably very good odds it will happen before late summer or so (although again it could be very soon or not until later). That's it. That's the best anyone can forecast any particular applicant's timeline.

Again, even applicants with very similar and very strong cases applying around the same time, even in the same local office, can see a big difference in how long it takes.

There is no cause to be stressed about it. Like being stuck in a traffic jam. It is what it is. You will get there. Not much if anything you can do to accelerate the process. No way to learn when it will happen much before it actually happens.

I hope you can relax and enjoy it when it comes. I for one think the journey is well worth it. Count me a happy Canadian. But I understand the natural anxiety many suffer along the way.

My strong sense is that some of the conversation in this forum tends to arouse unreasonable expectations.

While I was not much surprised when I was scheduled for the oath eight months after applying (application delivered in July 2013, oath early March 2014), at that time that seemed to be among the fastest timelines (but others at my ceremony had a mere six month timeline), and indeed the general expectation was that it would be at least 12 to 14 months. At that time CIC (before it became IRCC) was publicizing a routine timeline of 18 months, recently down from two years! That was consistent with long, long historical trends: most applications taking around twice as long as the fastest while many would take three times as long, which at that time meant: six months for fastest applications, around a year for most, and 18 months for many. BUT much longer for non-routine applications (back then many non-routine applications were in process for more than THREE YEARS.)

I know many, perhaps most, would like things to go more quickly, and at the least would like to have a better idea about how long it will be. Unfortunately that is not how it works. It is what it is. You can generally expect things to happen within a broad range of time, but that is the best you can know. For now, for someone in your situation, best you can forecast is that it could happen SOON but maybe not until sometime later in the year.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request