+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Voluntary relinquishment of PR status X New apply FSW 2014

prangr

May 5, 2014
My PR expired last year, but unfortunately I did not meet the residency obligation of living 2 years in 5 years. Right now I'm back in my country and I haven't relinquish my PR yet (because I really didn't know I had to do that).
I want to apply again under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and I was told I have to voluntarily relinquish my PR first and than apply for immigration again.

I have some questions, if anyone could help me I'd really appreciated it!!!!

1) First of all, how can I voluntarily relinquish my PR? Can I do everything by the internet like filling out a form and sending to Canada or do I need to go to a Canadian Consulate?

2) If I relinquish my PR, only because it's expired and I won't be able to renew since I don't meet the residency obligation, somehow can this negatively affect my new application under the FSWP 2014?

3) Do I have to wait for some kind of feedback from the Canadian Immigration or can I send the relinquish and right after apply for FSWP?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Apply for a Travel Document to your local Canadian embassy. This will start the process rolling.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Strangely enough, this is the easiest way to do it. You can include a letter stating that you know that you don't meet the Residency Obligation and that you don't wish to appeal.

Reactions: Ruby Massoud

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
prangr said:
My PR expired last year, but unfortunately I did not meet the residency obligation of living 2 years in 5 years. Right now I'm back in my country and I haven't relinquish my PR yet (because I really didn't know I had to do that).
I want to apply again under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and I was told I have to voluntarily relinquish my PR first and than apply for immigration again.

I have some questions, if anyone could help me I'd really appreciated it!!!!

1) First of all, how can I voluntarily relinquish my PR? Can I do everything by the internet like filling out a form and sending to Canada or do I need to go to a Canadian Consulate?

2) If I relinquish my PR, only because it's expired and I won't be able to renew since I don't meet the residency obligation, somehow can this negatively affect my new application under the FSWP 2014?

3) Do I have to wait for some kind of feedback from the Canadian Immigration or can I send the relinquish and right after apply for FSWP?
Hello we have exactly the same problem. I contacted our visa office in virnba snd they told us to submit a travel document pay the fees, includd your expired pr card and wriite a letter and sent it asap
It may not take long to get a letter from them
We will submit our application under the fsw2014 hopefully early june
Wwe might be too late our noc 2171 will probably fill fast
So sent td to your visa office and also apply under the fsw
I read from applicants that applied even though they were still officialky pr they had to submit the td later
It slowed down their application but they did not refuse it

Reactions: Ruby Massoud