+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VOICE YOUR OPINION - SHOULD THIS GOVERNMENT STAY OR GO??

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
I can assure you that for 90% of the immigrants, if they, for whatever reason, couldn't make it to Canada they will look for another immigration country. Once you come and establish a life here it is a different story. Some immigrants fool themselves by pretending that they were born to become Canadians and nothing else, this is just bull*censored word*. Just like some prefer to think of themselves as Vancouverian or Torontonian by nature.

For most (normal) people, immigration to a first world country is their primary objective and then comes the selection among Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. After all, the living standards and culture are very similar in these countries, It's like selecting between Coke and Pepsi. Everyone has a preference but most people won't mind having one if they can't get the other. Of course some are very picky but these are just the exception not the rule.
I understand but maybe this has to change after living here for a while, so immigrants can feel they are part of the community as well. Maybe my situation is different and that's why the way I think is not like this; I moved here 15 years ago when I was 17 and wanted to just finish my degree and go back to my country. But after staying here for a few years, I knew I want to stay here and call it home.

Kuro

Apr 18, 2015
MUFC said:
Exactly , I'm sure that he is very valuable worker and he can get a working US visa.
Being Canadian or not is the same thing, because Canadians can't work there without a working visa.

Canadians can work visa free only in Canada.
Most of the new voters will not vote Harper because they are only for rich people, against environmentalist and think that they can overrule judicial system in Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Kuro said:
Most of the new voters will not vote Harper because they are only for rich people, against environmentalist and think that they can overrule judicial system in Canada.
I am no means a rich person and yet I support the current government.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
screech339 said:
I am no means a rich person and yet I support the current government.
:) your government just sold uranium to india to develop nuclear weapons.

So yeah,your support pictures us your mindset and your goverment`s.You gotta educate yourself a bit more brother.

Good luck.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
buddhaB said:

So yeah,your support pictures us your mindset and your goverment`s.You gotta educate yourself a bit more brother.

Good luck.
Is that the only reason you are against the current government? Because India is now getting canada's uranium? Wow a single issue voter. No difference from the green party. A single issue party.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada can't sell something if the other part doesn't want it.
buddhaB said:

Good luck.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
O_Ca said:
Harper's government should go to the hell
What did they do that deserve that kind of language?

It is quite obvious that they did something to p*ss you off.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
screech339 said:
Is that the only reason you are against the current government? Because India is now getting canada's uranium? Wow a single issue voter. No difference from the green party. A single issue party.
that is not the only reason.Conservative parties have done more harm than good in all over the world.

when they get rid off the pension plans I`ll ask you your opinion again :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
buddhaB said:
that is not the only reason.Conservative parties have done more harm than good in all over the world.

when they get rid off the pension plans I`ll ask you your opinion again :)
Whose pension plan are you referring to in getting rid of? Mine or the MP's.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kuro said:
It is not for rich people. But there is a balance between different free benefits government provide (e.g health care) and amount of tax working people have to pay. I definitely don't support a system like some European countries where they pay +50% income tax. That discourage people to work hard and make money. I prefer to work hard and make my own money and save it for my future rather than waiting to get free benefit from government. Hard working people don't want to pay more tax, just so some lazy people that don't want to work benefit from it.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
If Canada wants conservative, I don't want Canada, that's it. The only reason I applied for citizenship is to get the conservative out of the parliment hill.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hehemie2 said:
If Canada wants conservative, I don't want Canada, that's it. The only reason I applied for citizenship is to get the conservative out of the parliment hill.
Does this mean you plan to renounce your canadian citizenship if the conservatives are still in government. After all you said, you don't want Canada if they are still in government.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
I understand but maybe this has to change after living here for a while, so immigrants can feel they are part of the community as well. Maybe my situation is different and that's why the way I think is not like this; I moved here 15 years ago when I was 17 and wanted to just finish my degree and go back to my country. But after staying here for a few years, I knew I want to stay here and call it home.
As I said, once you move and establish a life here, it is a different story. I lived here for 4 years only but I feel attached to Canada the same way I felt attached to the country I lived in for 10 years before moving here (though it was not my country of birth or citizenship, either). However, if at any point of time I can't find a decent job in Canada (I hold a PhD so I won't take cap driver as a decent job, with all due respect to cap drivers) I have no problem moving to another country and establish a new life there. I won't let emotional attachments get in the way to the well-being of my family.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will never vote conservative. This has nothing to do with their immigration policy. I consider myself a libertarian so it's not about their economic policy either. I just don't like their cultural supremacy mindset.