+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistors visa for Parents with no travel history

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to invite my parents to Montreal for visiting in summers. Does this ongoing corona virus impact on visas approval?

My parents have no travel history, though I can show their house and term deposits for their financial sufficency. From my side, I can show my canadian employment and account statement. However, my only concern is it a good time to apply now , since I feel that ongoing measures to restrict travel in countries across the globe including to India (few countries visas suspended) may act as a reason for rejecting even on slightest possible reasons such as no travel history ?

I am planning to invite parents for visiting us in Montreal in summers.

Kindly suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to invite my parents to Montreal for visiting in summers. Does this ongoing corona virus impact on visas approval?

My parents have no travel history, though I can show their house and term deposits for their financial sufficency. From my side, I can show my canadian employment and account statement. However, my only concern is it a good time to apply now , since I feel that ongoing measures to restrict travel in countries across the globe including to India (few countries visas suspended) may act as a reason for rejecting even on slightest possible reasons such as no travel history ?

I am planning to invite parents for visiting us in Montreal in summers.

Kindly suggest.
Yes there may be processing delays. You can certainly apply but you will have to assess whether it is feasible for them to visit you as time goes on. Do not book tickets until, you have visas and covid19 is no longer an issue. They should be asking for 2-3 weeks. Their finances are what matter versus yours. Hopefully you have been in Canada for at least 6 months before inviting them.

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
No affect on visa processing due to this virus. Travel plans can get affected but as you mentioned they plan to travel during summers so hopefully situation will change by that time. I have seen people getting visas with no travel history, if your application is strong they should be fine. Make sure do proper research before applying ,consider professional help - rest is up to u.
thanks ..will apply after covid situation gets a bit stablized