+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
It will be difficult for your wife to get a TRV (because she is married to a Canadian + has two Canadian children who will accompany her). The visa officer may believe that your wife wants to remain in Canada while her PR is being processed. She can certainly apply though.

Her chances of a TRV approval will depend on her ties such as her employment/business, property/land ownership, previous travel history + when you last visited your family
HI Bryanna Thanks for you reply. Could you explain "when you last visited your family."? Again I really appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions. Since the PR has already been applied and is an outland application, she will go back for her interview and medicals, is that not something that visa officers look at?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
atripnc said:
Could you explain "when you last visited your family."?
If, for example, you had traveled recently to meet your wife and children then IRCC may believe that another meeting so quickly is not necessary.

Since the PR has already been applied and is an outland application, she will go back for her interview and medicals, is that not something that visa officers look at?
Based on your post, she seems to have applied for PR pretty recently.

Has she been told to attend an interview?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@atripnc

As the sponsorship processing hasn't started as yet, my advice is she should NOT apply for a TRV. There are very high chances of a refusal as her family ties to Canada will be far stronger than those to India (Canadian spouse + two Canadian children) + the visa officer would realize that she wants to remain in Canada while her PR is being processed.

She'll have better chances when you are approved as the sponsor and her file is transferred to NDVO (of course, her chances would still be low then)

Zaan@30

Mar 5, 2017
Zaan@30 said:
Hello Bryanna

Actually, i have one question to ask from your reply. What is Third party Sources? Is it background verification agencies.

Waiting for your reply.

Hi Bryanna,

Me and my wife applied for TRV, today in VFS tracking showing passport has been dispatched whereas my wife status still showing under process. I'm bit worried.

Plz need your views on this.

Zaan@30

Mar 5, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Me and my wife applied for TRV in December 2016, I have today in VFS tracking showing passport has been dispatched whereas my wife status still showing under process. I'm bit worried.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zaan@30 said:
Hi Bryanna,

Me and my wife applied for TRV in December 2016, I have today in VFS tracking showing passport has been dispatched whereas my wife status still showing under process. I'm bit worried.

Don't worry. Applications within a group/family may not be processed simultaneously.

Hope your passport has the visa :)

Zaan@30

Mar 5, 2017
Thanks hoping for the best!!

One question:- What if my visa get refused as I'm primary applicant. What are chances or result of my wife's status as she is secondary applicant and how much time does it take for her results.

Please shade some light on this scenario.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zaan@30 said:
One question:- What if my visa get refused as I'm primary applicant. What are chances or result of my wife's status as she is secondary applicant and how much time does it take for her results.
It would completely depend on the documentation + individual circumstances of yourself and your wife

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Just a heads up, I applied for my mom's supervisa (paper application, dropped at VFS Mumbai and being processed in Bangalore VO)
With upfront medicals and passport sent along with application.

Timeline:
21/03/2017 - Dropped Application at the VFS.
22/03/2017 - Received a mail from VFS saying it's been forwarded to Bangalore or Delhi
23/03/2017 - Tracked the application ID using VFS tracking - Which mentioned the application is being processed in Bangalore VO
23/03/2017 - Successfully linked the application on cic's site

No AOR as of yet, Not sure if Bangalore VO would send one or if there would be any other updates.

The status on the CIC site is:
Where is this application? Details
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sorry about the long message with detailed statuses, just thought it would help some one. :)

Shall keep the forum updated as info on paper based applications is scarce. This might help someone.

Cheers!

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
manan.parikh said:
Just a heads up, I applied for my mom's supervisa (paper application, dropped at VFS Mumbai and being processed in Bangalore VO)
With upfront medicals and passport sent along with application.

Timeline:
21/03/2017 - Dropped Application at the VFS.
22/03/2017 - Received a mail from VFS saying it's been forwarded to Bangalore or Delhi
23/03/2017 - Tracked the application ID using VFS tracking - Which mentioned the application is being processed in Bangalore VO
23/03/2017 - Successfully linked the application on cic's site

No AOR as of yet, Not sure if Bangalore VO would send one or if there would be any other updates.

The status on the CIC site is:
Where is this application? Details
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sorry about the long message with detailed statuses, just thought it would help some one. :)

Shall keep the forum updated as info on paper based applications is scarce. This might help someone.

Cheers!
It is taking 3-4 weeks to get passport back. I applied on march 07th and got passport email from VFS today. got to collect tomorrow.
my CIC says its approved but dont have much details. let hope I get good news tomorrow. Thanks

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Can you please keep me posted on this? I applied for my parents' visitor visa on 14th March and still waiting for reply.

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi @Bryanna,

My brother has applied for MPNP-B program and wants to make exploratory visit to Manitoba to gain additional 15 points. He first applied in December 2016 was refused due to there was no invitation letter provided from me (I am citizen here, lives in Ontario), he just mentioned in the statement of purpose letter that he will visit me too. Second reason they mentioned was that no invitation letter from the province of Manitoba. But we followed up on this with the province and they don't provide any invitation letter for this purpose. So, second time when he applied,I provided the invitation letter, my ITR is ~100K and one from my uncle who lives in Manitoba, sent him invite letter, but unfortunately he was refused again and there were several boxed checked, travel history, enough funds to carry out the stated purpose, legitimate purpose, etc. could you kindly suggest how to proceed now.

The purpose is very clear that is to make exploratory trip and visit me and my family.
He has established business in India and his family with 2 kids and he only applied visa for himself.
employment letter attached, last 2 years ITR, sales tax return and business account statement attached, monthly average transactions about CAD $3,000.
He has CAD $125,000 approx in bank balances.
Approx CAD $700,000 worth properties.
He has visited Thailand and Singapore in 2006 and 2005.
He requested the visa only for a month to explore the province, provided proof of itinerary and travel insurance and my uncle provided support for his accommodation.
Proof of expression of interest for MPNP-B was provided and in there they clearly says that they cannot provide invitation letter and strongly recommend you to apply on their own.
He also provided a few meeting confirmations from province to discuss the business plan to settle in Manitoba.

Sorry for long post, as I wanted to provide as much detail as I could to help you understand the case.

We are not sure why he has been refused or why the province doesn't provide invitation letter because without the trip it is absolutely impossible to be selected in the pool for that program as there minimum cutoff is 85/100 which is not possible without the trip, in every other criteria he has maximum points, and his total is 70.

kzehra

May 8, 2014
Hi All,

I have applied for my Mother's TRV on 16th March 2017 from Pakistan, this is her status shown

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: Completed.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I want to ask that as her application status is showing "We recieved your application" Does this mean that the review of application has not been started yet??? Does this status changes throughout the process to OPEN or IN PROGRESS ? or this means that the application is IN PROCESS?