+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's visa to Work Permit Visa??

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
If I come to Canada on a Visitor's Visa, and then find an employer willing to give me a full time job contract, can I file for a TWP from within Canada? Or can I apply for TWP at my home country's visa office while I am still in Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AVKON said:
If I come to Canada on a Visitor's Visa, and then find an employer willing to give me a full time job contract, can I file for a TWP from within Canada? Or can I apply for TWP at my home country's visa office while I am still in Canada?
1. You can't apply in Canada so you would have to apply to the office that services your country of residence/citizenship.

PMM

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for the reply, PMM. One squiggly little detail: Can I get somebody from my home country to apply for me (basically just do paperwork and send it to the embassy) even if I am still in Canada? Or should I be in the Philippines while this application is going on? If, for instance, I get my TWP, won't I be questioned how I got it if my passport shows I was in Canada during the time my TWP was being processed?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AVKON said:
Thanks for the reply, PMM. One squiggly little detail: Can I get somebody from my home country to apply for me (basically just do paperwork and send it to the embassy) even if I am still in Canada? Or should I be in the Philippines while this application is going on? If, for instance, I get my TWP, won't I be questioned how I got it if my passport shows I was in Canada during the time my TWP was being processed?
1. You have to complete and sign the application
2. Being a Filipino you will also require a medical
3. Since the employer has to go through POEA you better read this: http://www.poea.gov.ph/MCs/MC%206-08.pdf

PMM

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
Hello and thanks for the prompt reply PMM.

1. I can do that from Canada and just mail the forms to a relative in the Philippines to submit
2. Maybe I can do a Medical before leaving for Canada? How long before a medical "expires"?
3. I read that and it seems that it is more for employers than for me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=AVKON link=topic=13881.msg56634#msg56634 date=1232260859]
Hello and thanks for the prompt reply PMM.

1. I can do that from Canada and just mail the forms to a relative in the Philippines to submit
2. Maybe I can do a Medical before leaving for Canada? How long before a medical "expires"?
3. I read that and it seems that it is more for employers than for me
[/quote]

1. Yes
2. You can't have the medical until Manila sends you the forms.

PMM

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
Hmmm... so the medical is the speedbump...
When the medical comes, does it specify what hospitals are accredited? Can't I have the medical from some Canadian hospital?