+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors visa to immigrant visa ????

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
I believe you misunderstood what Flagpoling is, its only when you are in Canada as tourist, work permit and you get permanent resident, so to complete the formality there are 2 choices
1) Leave Canada ( via Flagpole ) and enter. Flagpole is itself an administrative refusal where you are not entering USA anyway
2) Make appt with Immigration Officer INSIDE Canada

It's not for Tourist Visa, it only let's you in Canada with Single/multiple entry and max 6 months stay and after that you need to either extend it or leave Canada and come back ( from USA ) provided you have USA visa and re-enter and then its upto Canadian Immigration officer to let you in or not --> bit of a risky thing

You might want to study up on Skilled Workers PR, frankly there is no easy way from Tourist Visa to Work Permit to PR -- that too.if you get a visa? its quite tough for young single male to get visa and that too you need to show very strong ties to home country

P.S Do you even need a visa? what country are you from

i understand my concern slightly . :p im just asking this for my future, so i know what to do when im in hamilton already. i will apply for my passport after my 18th bday (feb15) then by march i plan to apply for my tourist visa, my aunty will send me her documents.
this is my few questions.

1.Let say i already get my tourist visa, then my flight is on june, i can stay 6 months to canada using my tourist visa,then u say that i can extend my tourist visa or i can leave canada and enter again.right ??
2. what if i just have my tourist visa then suddenly i get a job. can i apply for a work permit? how?
3. this is for my aunty's concern, she ask me to ask somebody , how much does she need to put to her bank so she can prove that she can support me.?? (just a minimum amount)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
The first hurdle is to get here, and frankly I see very little chance for a 17 year old with no travel history and a new passport. It's a red flag all over

Your aunt has to invite you and promise to pay expenses, she has to show her income, assets etc and you need to show your papers with ties to home country like job, assets - basically you need to show immigration officer that you will come back after visiting

Ask anyone here, for a 17 year old with a new passport and no stamps is too tough

I am not sure how you convert visit visa to work permit inside Canada, but your first issue is to get here

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay last question . do i need to have a bank account ? or just a bank account of my aunt coz she is my sponsor ??? ...

aside from the lette of invitation and her bank statements . what other documents she needs to send to me ?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
realtwenty said:
okay last question . do i need to have a bank account ? or just a bank account of my aunt coz she is my sponsor ??? ...

aside from the lette of invitation and her bank statements . what other documents she needs to send to me ?
..you basically need to show ties to home country and need to convince the officer that your visit is only temporary, the part of your aunt is only additional that you will be living with her and can afford to pay for your expenses. You can't rely on her invitation letter and bank statement only

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi realtwenty... Im also from Manila migrated to Ontario Canada.

At your age at 18, to be a honest, if you apply for Tourist Visa.. your chances is very, very, very slim to be approved. To convince the immigration officer you have to provide the following docs:
1. Currently enrolled in University or in any colleges or
2. Have a full-time job (this one need a letter from your employer)
3. You need P150,000 ~ P300,000 in your Personal Savings account for the past 6 months transactions.
4. Invitation from your aunt, plus her bank account and letter of employment.
5. Itenerary - flight details, how long you gonna stay?

Then, let say you approved and you look for a job here, I will tell you... no one will hire you here because you are not considered as skilled worker.

The only option you can do, ask your aunt to look for colleges or university in Hamilton or in Toronto. Look for a course that suites to you. School start on September. This is a bit expensive but after you graduate here, you have a chance get a job and apply for a work permit in the future.To do so you need the following docs:
1. Acceptance Letter from university / colleges
2. Apply for Student Visa
3. $$$ savings account.. the more the better
4. Letter from you aunt that she is responsible for you food and logging

Good luck kabayan.

praetorean

Nov 1, 2010
user828 said:
Flagpoling is basically landing without leaving Canada, i.,e you get your permanent resident while you are in Canada but for landing purpose, you need to leave Canada and re-enter so USA is closest, and you drive down to the border and tell them I want to flagpole, so they technically refuse entry to the USA and let you make a u-turn to enter Canada and the formalities are completed there
Above can be done by making appointment with immigration office INSIDE Canada too but going to US for flagpoling is much faster and instant
You can try and apply for PR if you qualify, or work permit or marry a Canadian ( if genuine and need to stay with her for 2 years else PR will be revoked )
[quote author=user828]I believe you misunderstood what Flagpoling is, its only when you are in Canada as tourist, work permit and you get permanent resident, so to complete the formality there are 2 choices
1) Leave Canada ( via Flagpole ) and enter. Flagpole is itself an administrative refusal where you are not entering USA anyway
2) Make appt with Immigration Officer INSIDE Canada

It's not for Tourist Visa, it only let's you in Canada with Single/multiple entry and max 6 months stay and after that you need to either extend it or leave Canada and come back ( from USA ) provided you have USA visa and re-enter and then its upto Canadian Immigration officer to let you in or not --> bit of a risky thing

You might want to study up on Skilled Workers PR, frankly there is no easy way from Tourist Visa to Work Permit to PR -- that too.if you get a visa? its quite tough for young single male to get visa and that too you need to show very strong ties to home country

P.S Do you even need a visa? what country are you from[/quote]

Hi Guys,

Just came across this post...
I'm in the same boat with realtwenty.

We (me & my wife) have a multiple-entry tourist visa; and we're also planning to take that approach: travel to Canada on Tourist visa; look for work... then hopefully; once a job has been offered, secure a work permit or PR. Good thing that Flagpoling was explained here coz I was wondering how to do that :D so thanks. The nearest country with no visa requirement for a Philippine passport is somewhere in the Caribbean or in South America so thanks for the tip :D...

Note to self: once job secured, apply work permit/pr, go to US border; tell them: "I want to Flagpole"... (hope they won't hang me to a flagpole, literally :D)

We've already visited Toronto last Christmas, but my stay was just short while my wife is still in Toronto w/ her sister... hopefully she'll be able to secure a work permit. I'll be making a return trip there sometime March; that'd be spring so hopefully it won't be too cold to move around. I'm targeting Manitoba, but I'm open to wherever there's an offer for the .Net Developer w/ 9 years experience or offer for any job at all as long as a work visa can be applied for. My visa is valid until November this year; so I could still stay in Canada until March, 2014 (visa extended) and hopefully should be long enough time to get a job.

Thanks again guys...

Once again.... Note to self:once job secured, apply work permit/pr, go to US border; tell them: "I want to Flagpole"
... magic word: Flagpole

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ praetorean, my view about flagpoling are for those who have confirmed LMO with existing workpermit/expired workpermit (eg. change employer), or those with confirmed PR that need for landing porpose.

In your case, if you got approved LMO, you need to apply outside Canada. You have to send your application to Canadian embassy in U.S.A. (you dont have to go back to the Philippines while waiting for your papers being processed). You need to apply for US visa just in case they will ask you for interview, unless it will be waived. This is only my opinion. Good luck!

Note: You can try Manitoba or Sasketchewan.. they need more immigrant / worker.

praetorean

Nov 1, 2010
northyork_beaver said:
@ praetorean, my view about flagpoling are for those who have confirmed LMO with existing workpermit/expired workpermit (eg. change employer), or those with confirmed PR that need for landing porpose.

In your case, if you got approved LMO, you need to apply outside Canada. You have to send your application to Canadian embassy in U.S.A. (you dont have to go back to the Philippines while waiting for your papers being processed). You need to apply for US visa just in case they will ask you for interview, unless it will be waived. This is only my opinion. Good luck!

Note: You can try Manitoba or Sasketchewan.. they need more immigrant / worker.
i see... noted again... thanks.
in case we get a break in Manitoba or Sasketchewan and get to apply for PR via PNP; then Flagpoling would still apply...

thanks again

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
..you basically need to show ties to home country and need to convince the officer that your visit is only temporary, the part of your aunt is only additional that you will be living with her and can afford to pay for your expenses. You can't rely on her invitation letter and bank statement only

well thank you :) i understand it already :)

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
northyork_beaver said:
Hi realtwenty... Im also from Manila migrated to Ontario Canada.

At your age at 18, to be a honest, if you apply for Tourist Visa.. your chances is very, very, very slim to be approved. To convince the immigration officer you have to provide the following docs:
1. Currently enrolled in University or in any colleges or
2. Have a full-time job (this one need a letter from your employer)
3. You need P150,000 ~ P300,000 in your Personal Savings account for the past 6 months transactions.
4. Invitation from your aunt, plus her bank account and letter of employment.
5. Itenerary - flight details, how long you gonna stay?

Then, let say you approved and you look for a job here, I will tell you... no one will hire you here because you are not considered as skilled worker.

The only option you can do, ask your aunt to look for colleges or university in Hamilton or in Toronto. Look for a course that suites to you. School start on September. This is a bit expensive but after you graduate here, you have a chance get a job and apply for a work permit in the future.To do so you need the following docs:
1. Acceptance Letter from university / colleges
2. Apply for Student Visa
3. $$$ savings account.. the more the better
4. Letter from you aunt that she is responsible for you food and logging

Good luck kabayan.

hehe i think di ko na kelangan ng bank account as long as ung aunty ko naman magsponsor sakin :) nagtanong na po kasi ako sa mga kakilala ko na nasa ibang bansa, and bank account nalang po ni tita ang need ^^ , ung bf ko po at family nya nagmigrate na sila sa saskatoon naman po wala silang bank account :) ang vinigay nilang documents bank account ng father nila don...

pde ko sa kanila ipakita enrollment card ko at un na ung ties ko :p ang need ko lang daw po, ties and pocket money :) thanks po sa pagrply din ^^. Godbless

xredtulipx

Mar 1, 2013
Hi I want to ask you that if we have a US Multiple visa and we are coming from Buffalo airport to the border for stamping our work permit than still we will get the administrative refusal form US??????

Larry0854

Mar 7, 2013
What would happen if he came here on a tourist visa and married before the expiry date of the Visa? Would be have to leave the country and apply for another Visa?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
PS: You can't flagpole if your work permit requires a medical.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
I dont know why you guys are even suggesting flagpoling. It's quite clear the OP and the others in this thread have just a basic tourist visa. No LMO, No PR, No work permit nothing. Was it really neccessary to bring up the topic at all and confuse them? Tell them straight that they they will have to apply for a skilled worker visa Outside Canada because that's the only way that will realistically work for them. To be perfectly frank though its unlikely that you will be approved any permit at all with your current qualifications.

Larry0854

Mar 7, 2013
What would happen if he married a Canadian well here on a Visitor's Visa. Would he still have to leave Canada and re-apply for a new Visa?