+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors visa to immigrant visa ????

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my auntie want me to go there in HAmilton ontario canada and stay to her for good and find job there as well. but i dont know what visa should i get.i want visa that has a fast processing times,like tourist visa for 15 days, but should i get that ?and if i am already there, can i change my visitors visa to immigrant visa?. any suggestion pls

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you cannot, it is illegal to work in Canada while on tourist visa

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
In Ontario, I don't believe your aunt can sponsor you for permanent residence. She can write you a letter of invitation for a visitor's visa, but you cannot work or study on that visa. If you find a job while you are visiting, you can apply for a work visa, but you cannot do that inside Canada. You'll need to leave - at the very least, go to the USA border and ask to flagpole.

Depending on your qualifications and the job you get, you may or may not be eligible to immigrate to Canada. If you're an unskilled worker, there are very few options. If you're a skilled worker, there are more options.

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
In Ontario, I don't believe your aunt can sponsor you for permanent residence. She can write you a letter of invitation for a visitor's visa, but you cannot work or study on that visa. If you find a job while you are visiting, you can apply for a work visa, but you cannot do that inside Canada. You'll need to leave - at the very least, go to the USA border and ask to flagpole.

Depending on your qualifications and the job you get, you may or may not be eligible to immigrate to Canada. If you're an unskilled worker, there are very few options. If you're a skilled worker, there are more options.

uhm okay. can you explain to me hows that usa border and ask for a flagpole means ? thank you..

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
No you cannot, it is illegal to work in Canada while on tourist visa
yeah i know its illegal. so can u suggest what should i do? or what visa should i get ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
realtwenty said:
uhm okay. can you explain to me hows that usa border and ask for a flagpole means ? thank you..
It means you go to a crossing at the USA border and tell them you wish to flagpole instead of enter the USA.

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
It means you go to a crossing at the USA border and tell them you wish to flagpole instead of enter the USA.
still didn't get it. sorry. uhm can u suggest me what should plan i need to do to go in canada ? in fastest way an legal way ? thank you. coz i really dont know what to do

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
realtwenty said:
still didn't get it. sorry. uhm can u suggest me what should plan i need to do to go in canada ? in fastest way an legal way ? thank you. coz i really dont know what to do
If I knew how to find a job, I'd already have one. Jobs are hard to get unless you have one waiting. Most places don't hire foreigners.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
realtwenty said:
Unfortunately there is no legal shortcut way to settle down in Canada. If that were possible then half the world population would move to Canada. There is a legal process in place, so that people can follow it and came legally and settle here. Anything else would mean you are trying to bypass all that in order to cut corners and settle here illegally.

The best analogy I can use is people lining up for coffee, would you jump the line and asked to be served first? would it be fair to the people who are in line? would it be fair for the person who is serving you? Would jumping the line be legal? Think about it... So I hope this helps and you can legally find a way to come here like everyone else

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
realtwenty said:
Flagpoling is basically landing without leaving Canada, i.,e you get your permanent resident while you are in Canada but for landing purpose, you need to leave Canada and re-enter so USA is closest, and you drive down to the border and tell them I want to flagpole, so they technically refuse entry to the USA and let you make a u-turn to enter Canada and the formalities are completed there
Above can be done by making appointment with immigration office INSIDE Canada too but going to US for flagpoling is much faster and instant
You can try and apply for PR if you qualify, or work permit or marry a Canadian ( if genuine and need to stay with her for 2 years else PR will be revoked )

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Flagpoling is basically landing without leaving Canada, i.,e you get your permanent resident while you are in Canada but for landing purpose, you need to leave Canada and re-enter so USA is closest, and you drive down to the border and tell them I want to flagpole, so they technically refuse entry to the USA and let you make a u-turn to enter Canada and the formalities are completed there
Above can be done by making appointment with immigration office INSIDE Canada too but going to US for flagpoling is much faster and instant
You can try and apply for PR if you qualify, or work permit or marry a Canadian ( if genuine and need to stay with her for 2 years else PR will be revoked )

does flagpoling work?
yeah hamilton is near in usa i think 45 mins by driving car. . pls explain it to me step by step what should i do thank you :). okay in future, i have my tourist visa then if i will go to usa like what you have said where i can ask to have a flagpole ???? and whats my status if their already refuse my entry to usa and i am coming back to canada ?

will i have a PR for landing purposes ? i am right ?

sorry if i have too many questions O.O thank you for giving me ur time thanks

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:

what is that border means ? is that a place in usa ? and where is it? than you.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I believe you misunderstood what Flagpoling is, its only when you are in Canada as tourist, work permit and you get permanent resident, so to complete the formality there are 2 choices
1) Leave Canada ( via Flagpole ) and enter. Flagpole is itself an administrative refusal where you are not entering USA anyway
2) Make appt with Immigration Officer INSIDE Canada

It's not for Tourist Visa, it only let's you in Canada with Single/multiple entry and max 6 months stay and after that you need to either extend it or leave Canada and come back ( from USA ) provided you have USA visa and re-enter and then its upto Canadian Immigration officer to let you in or not --> bit of a risky thing

You might want to study up on Skilled Workers PR, frankly there is no easy way from Tourist Visa to Work Permit to PR -- that too.if you get a visa? its quite tough for young single male to get visa and that too you need to show very strong ties to home country

P.S Do you even need a visa? what country are you from

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
realtwenty said:
what is that border means ? is that a place in usa ? and where is it? than you.
Your user name appears several times on the forum with various questions...so to clarify....you are 17 and were applying for a tourist visa in October...how did that go? Why is your aunt not providing a letter of invitation? So you don't know what a border is or where the US is in relation to Canada? How can you afford the air fare from Manila to Canada? Sorry I read 'troll' all over this!!!

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Your user name appears several times on the forum with various questions...so to clarify....you are 17 and were applying for a tourist visa in October...how did that go? Why is your aunt not providing a letter of invitation? So you don't know what a border is or where the US is in relation to Canada? How can you afford the air fare from Manila to Canada? Sorry I read 'troll' all over this!!!

yeah im 17.. i dont have my passport yet. my mom decided that i will get my passport after my bday/ so i am 18 that time, my bday is on feb.15. . after my bday i will get my passport. its hard to get passport if i am 17 coz i am minor,so we are waiting for my 18th bday and thats it. ... if i have my passport already. my aunty will give me her invitation letter. she tells me that i need to ask to some experts what visa should i get ,or if i will get a tourist visa, what should i do to have a work in legal way such as applying for a work permit by flagpolling