+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa Refusal while waiting for PR

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I have just applied for the second part of the PR FSW application to Buffalo and have been staying in Canada during the interm period. Today I received a letter saying my application for visitors visa extension has been refused and I have to leave the country immediately. A few questions:

1. How long do I have before I have to leave the country? (I know they say immediately but if I left in say 3-4 weeks would that in any way affect my PR application?)

2. When would be the earliest I could re-apply at the Canadian border for a visitors visa again and what are the chances that they would let me back in?

3. The second part of my application was sent to Buffalo about 2 weeks ago, could anyone give me a realistic estimation of how long it will take to process?

Thanks,

Derek

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
1) I will leave ASAP. Probably a week is fair to say
2) You can apply right away. Drive to near by border and see what they say. What reason did you put for extension in your previous application
3) Buffalo is extremly slow. I would say atleast 12 - 15 months

derbeast said:
Hi all,

I have just applied for the second part of the PR FSW application to Buffalo and have been staying in Canada during the interm period. Today I received a letter saying my application for visitors visa extension has been refused and I have to leave the country immediately. A few questions:

1. How long do I have before I have to leave the country? (I know they say immediately but if I left in say 3-4 weeks would that in any way affect my PR application?)

2. When would be the earliest I could re-apply at the Canadian border for a visitors visa again and what are the chances that they would let me back in?

3. The second part of my application was sent to Buffalo about 2 weeks ago, could anyone give me a realistic estimation of how long it will take to process?

Thanks,

Derek

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Buffalo is currently taking anywhere from 1 1/2 to to 2 years currently.

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Here are a few details of the case. This was an application for a second 6 month visitor's visa in a row (the first was granted successfully) and I requested it on the grounds of waiting for PR and staying in a monastery in the interm period as I was finding it hard to get work in Vancouver in my field without a PR card.

There was no exact reason given for the refusal. It gave 5 general reasons (which could be applicable to anyone) and said the officer felt I failed to meet the overall requirements.

If there was no specific reason given for the refusal do you think there is a good chance that they would say yes if I went to the border and tried again?

Also, if I was to go to the States for 3 months would that help my situation in any way for reapplication for a visitor's visa? (I would prefer to get reinstated immediately if possible)

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Visa officer refused your application correctly based on the reason you provided in the last application. You need to come up with some other "VALID" reason to stay in Canada as a visitor

derbeast said:
Here are a few details of the case. This was an application for a second 6 month visitor's visa in a row (the first was granted successfully) and I requested it on the grounds of waiting for PR and staying in a monastery in the interm period as I was finding it hard to get work in Vancouver in my field without a PR card.

There was no exact reason given for the refusal. It gave 5 general reasons (which could be applicable to anyone) and said the officer felt I failed to meet the overall requirements.

If there was no specific reason given for the refusal do you think there is a good chance that they would say yes if I went to the border and tried again?

Also, if I was to go to the States for 3 months would that help my situation in any way for reapplication for a visitor's visa? (I would prefer to get reinstated immediately if possible)

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
So if I was to go to the border in a week or two, explain that I made a mistake and that I didn't think it would be a problem to not be seeking work for a period while waiting for PR , and then say that I will be seeking work immediately do you think there is a good chance they will grant me temporary status again?

Btw.. I read in another post that "leave immediately" means I have 30 days? Is this written officials anywhere?

Many thanks for your help,

D