+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa want to turn into work permit

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
LCP, not always. I know some who sent their apps to Seattle and were able to obtain their WP/visa. Canada is more stringent on granting visas than the US but without your passport and you don't have status in Canada right now. Seattle should have sent back your passport together with the instructions/letter for interview. You a month to comply.

0xford said:
yes i send my passport to them....
but according to law ..interview is must for live in caregiver catagory...so they send interview :-[
but i m tensed abt USA visa..............

0xford

May 5, 2011
yes they hv send appointment letter on particular date in Seattle office with my original passport..(interview in second week of September)
Now the question is that ...should i apply for visitor visa for USA..and how many chances are i hv to get visa ??
I will show the appointment letter to visa officer ..
moreover when they issued(12 aug) interview they knew that my restoration(27 july) is refused..also they are asking proof of restoration as my applying receipt.......

0xford

May 5, 2011
where r u jobseeker ?
u didnt reply ??
plz tell me how can i apply visitor visa for USA (which category)
can i go for online appointment first or should be appear personally ??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can try but you are out of options with your status in Canada, your restoration of status having been refused. Maybe you can try talking with an immigration lawyer or consultant. You now don't have a status and our hope was on getting the work visa from Seattle but Seattle asking you for interview is not a good sign. Even if you are granted a US B1/B2 visa, the USCBP will probably not let you enter the US because there's no way you can come back to Canada without a valid Canadian TRV/Visitor Record.

0xford said:
where r u jobseeker ?
u didnt reply ??
plz tell me how can i apply visitor visa for USA (which category)
can i go for online appointment first or should be appear personally ??

0xford

May 5, 2011
yes u r right.....
but if i ll get work permit then i ll have option to get multiple visa for Canada..
Otherwise i ll go back from USA to INDIA..........
but i ll fight till my last hope........I have strongly believe in god, whatever he ll do,it ll be better for me....
now just pray for me for getting visa of USA..
THANX FRIEND

0xford

May 5, 2011
hello jobseeker
again i am in trouble.. :(
I have interview in Seattle on 14th sep and i got date from visa appointment on 17th oct...

i have requested to expedite department for twice(26th aug and after that 31aug) to give me US visa appointment before 14th sep but they didnt response....
Again i have send request to Seattle office that please postponed my work permit interview because i m not able to come on US .because there is no date specific date available due to busy schedule appointment of US visa...but they also didnt reply.......

now tell me what should i do ??
where should i go for request ??
I mean i am so near to get my achievement but not getting US visa appointment even............ :(
IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE OF MY PROBLEM..............???

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Try sending a fax message and ask if they could postpone your interview for a later date. They do not normally reply.

0xford said:
hello jobseeker
again i am in trouble.. :(
I have interview in Seattle on 14th sep and i got date from visa appointment on 17th oct...

i have requested to expedite department for twice(26th aug and after that 31aug) to give me US visa appointment before 14th sep but they didnt response....
Again i have send request to Seattle office that please postponed my work permit interview because i m not able to come on US .because there is no date specific date available due to busy schedule appointment of US visa...but they also didnt reply.......

now tell me what should i do ??
where should i go for request ??
I mean i am so near to get my achievement but not getting US visa appointment even............ :(
IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE OF MY PROBLEM..............???

0xford

May 5, 2011
I did it (fax to Seattle office) already on 2nd of september with all attachments (proof of busy schedule of visa appointments) but they didn't response yet..still waiting and waiting.................
What do you think ? will they postpone my work permit date ??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

0xford said:
I did it (fax to Seattle office) already on 2nd of september with all attachments (proof of busy schedule of visa appointments) but they didn't response yet..still waiting and waiting.................
What do you think ? will they postpone my work permit date ??
1. If you have no status in Canada, the US Consulate is not going to give you a visa.
2. I really think that Seattle will probably not change the interview date, and will make their decision with the information on file.