+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa want to turn into work permit

0xford

May 5, 2011
Hello
i just came to canada(BC) in october as a visitor and after that i got job offer letter from my employer with positive LMO for a live in caregiver job...i went to port of entry to apply and visa officer suggested that apply from outside of canada..as well as just go for extention first..so iapplied extention and they refused my application..but i still want to work in canda and my employer is ready to help me ?
what to do ??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
you can send your WP/visa application to Seattle or Buffalo, but you are already out of status if your application for visit extension was refused..You may also process the application at your country of origin.

0xford said:
Hello
i just came to canada(BC) in october as a visitor and after that i got job offer letter from my employer with positive LMO for a live in caregiver job...i went to port of entry to apply and visa officer suggested that apply from outside of canada..as well as just go for extention first..so iapplied extention and they refused my application..but i still want to work in canda and my employer is ready to help me ?
what to do ??

0xford

May 5, 2011
job_seeker said:
you can send your WP/visa application to Seattle or Buffalo, but you are already out of status if your application for visit extension was refused..You may also process the application at your country of origin.
I m very thankful to ur reply..even i was thinking to send my application to seattle.. but sir/madam im not out of status !! I am in restoration period till 5th july 2011...
Q :: Can i apply WP in restoration period ? hw many chances are there to get positive results ??
Q :: also i want to know that can i travel to toronto in restoration period...i live in vancouver and i want to go to meet my besyt friend to Brampton...??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You are out of status and you have not sent your application for restoration. Anyway, I am not sure how it would work in your case. If you have sent your application to Seattle or Buffalo before your status expired and then sent an application for extension citing waiting for the WP/visa as reason for the extension, you might have had a chance. I think you can go anywhere in Canada.

0xford said:
I m very thankful to ur reply..even i was thinking to send my application to seattle.. but sir/madam im not out of status !! I am in restoration period till 5th july 2011...
Q :: Can i apply WP in restoration period ? hw many chances are there to get positive results ??
Q :: also i want to know that can i travel to toronto in restoration period...i live in vancouver and i want to go to meet my besyt friend to Brampton...??

0xford

May 5, 2011
job_seeker said:
You are out of status and you have not sent your application for restoration. Anyway, I am not sure how it would work in your case. If you have sent your application to Seattle or Buffalo before your status expired and then sent an application for extension citing waiting for the WP/visa as reason for the extension, you might have had a chance. I think you can go anywhere in Canada.
Again thank u very much for reply..
i know i did a mistake in extension part.....but job seeker plz find another way for my problem ??
can i apply restoration now with my WP to seattle ?
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz i dnt want to spoil my career ....luckily i got opporunity to live n work a in canada ,, HELP :( i dnt want to go back..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What was the reason for refusing your application for extension?

0xford said:
Again thank u very much for reply..
i know i did a mistake in extension part.....but job seeker plz find another way for my problem ??
can i apply restoration now with my WP to seattle ?
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz i dnt want to spoil my career ....luckily i got opporunity to live n work a in canada ,, HELP :( i dnt want to go back..

0xford

May 5, 2011
job_seeker said:
What was the reason for refusing your application for extension?
THEY SEND ME A REFUSAL LETTER WITH THIS STATEMENT
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant's:
Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
Ties to country of permanent residence, including: employment and study commitments; family ties and responsibilities; status (citizenship or immigration status);
Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
Travel and identity documents;
Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of the Act and Regulations.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So which was checked? This is a form letter. What reason (if it's okay to ask) did you put on your request for extension? I am not sure if this would work:

Put your application together, check document checklist as to what supporting papers need to be sent to Seattle and then send the app plus the fee of course and also attach a letter from your prospective employer in support of your application. Then send an application for restoration to CPC-Vegreville. Did you attach the marked pages of your passport when you sent your extension app?

0xford said:
THEY SEND ME A REFUSAL LETTER WITH THIS STATEMENT
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant's:
Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
Ties to country of permanent residence, including: employment and study commitments; family ties and responsibilities; status (citizenship or immigration status);
Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
Travel and identity documents;
Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of the Act and Regulations.

0xford

May 5, 2011
job_seeker said:
So which was checked? This is a form letter. What reason (if it's okay to ask) did you put on your request for extension? I am not sure if this would work:

Put you application together, check document checklist as to what supporting papers need to be sent to Seattle and then send the app plus the fee of course and also attach a letter from your prospective employer in support of your application. Then send an application for restoration to CPC-Vegreville. Did you attach the marked pages of your passport when you sent your extension app?
Thanx again dear
they didnt checked any of them ..it means all are including (unluckily)
and i gave reason for my extension :" applying work permit as a nanny so i need single entry agian in port of entry to get a WP..i wrote truth to them as a genuine case...i didnt give any fake statement to them..
yes i send all of my marked pages of passport + LMO + medical + bank statement + contract + my professional degree..
now what ????
u mean to say that now i should apply my WP to seattle and get a acknowledgement and after i should apply for restoretion period so they hv to give me time to wait for my Wp result.. AM I RIGHT ?
otherwise plz u tell me exactly what should i do ??????

0xford

May 5, 2011
hello jobseeker u didnt reply .........i m just waiting
plz tell me smthing positive.............i m sad :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry, some people need to work too :) Anyway, as I said on my previous post, put together the application for the WP/visa (to Seattle), then apply for restoration (to Vegreville).

0xford said:
hello jobseeker u didnt reply .........i m just waiting
plz tell me smthing positive.............i m sad :(

0xford

May 5, 2011
thanx for reply my dear friend.....
yes.... i hv ready all my papers and going to mail on monday.,
but my question is that may i need to get visa for USA for interview ??

and plz tell me some main issues in supporting letter from my employer so that visa officer coulld convince for positive results..
means what should i write in requst or in employer supporing letter..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Let your prospective employer write a letter in support of your application (maybe you can do this better; sing your own praises so s/he could get the idea). Some LCPs were able to obtain the visa without any interview. In case you are called for interview then for sure you need a US visa (compounding your problems because right now you are out of status). What's wrong if you apply from your country? BTW, where are you from if you don't mind?

0xford said:
thanx for reply my dear friend.....
yes.... i hv ready all my papers and going to mail on monday.,
but my question is that may i need to get visa for USA for interview ??

and plz tell me some main issues in supporting letter from my employer so that visa officer coulld convince for positive results..
means what should i write in requst or in employer supporing letter..

0xford

May 5, 2011
I m from India and caregiver visa taking 3 to 4 years to process in India,,
She hired me because i m in Canada and belong to her native language and could assist their children to teach punjabi ..sikhism and Punjabi culture...and i hv done diploma in live in caregiver from Canada..
and u know very well that its difficult to get a visa from India.....because i come to Canada from UK not from india...
basically i had to testify in the court regarding my brother's divorce case...and i hv done it already ...
i m staying here coz of my emotional attachment with my brother ..he is still in severe depression :mad:
in this all episode i hv lost my status in England also.............then i hv started to find a job for me here and i found my employer who interviewed me and hired as her nanny....(i dnt want to be depended on my brother)
now i dnt hv any option .................?? :( i m well qualified and genuine to persue my career..
i dnt want to go back to india and can not go back to UK................so i m putting all my efforts to save my career ....
plz sir u can sort out my problem..............plz friend give me some solid reason to get a WP...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can only help yourself my friend. Put together a solid application with your employers support.

0xford said:
I m from India and caregiver visa taking 3 to 4 years to process in India,,
She hired me because i m in Canada and belong to her native language and could assist their children to teach punjabi ..sikhism and Punjabi culture...and i hv done diploma in live in caregiver from Canada..
and u know very well that its difficult to get a visa from India.....because i come to Canada from UK not from india...
basically i had to testify in the court regarding my brother's divorce case...and i hv done it already ...
i m staying here coz of my emotional attachment with my brother ..he is still in severe depression :mad:
in this all episode i hv lost my status in England also.............then i hv started to find a job for me here and i found my employer who interviewed me and hired as her nanny....(i dnt want to be depended on my brother)
now i dnt hv any option .................?? :( i m well qualified and genuine to persue my career..
i dnt want to go back to india and can not go back to UK................so i m putting all my efforts to save my career ....
plz sir u can sort out my problem..............plz friend give me some solid reason to get a WP...