+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa/Temporary resident visa (from inside Canada)

tutu87

Nov 24, 2017
Visitor visa (from inside Canada) Application in the month of Nov/Dec. What is the timeline? Please post here

tutu87

Nov 24, 2017
I just got approved for my PGWP and immediately sent my TRV (online) Nov 29th. I am to travel out of the country Dec 20th.. and i'm getting worried. If you applied in November, please can you share your timeline? Have you been requested to send your passport or have you gotten your passport back?

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi,
Give yourself 3weeks.
My Timeline
Applied Online: 11/05/2017, got the Application number same day.
Passport request: 11/18/2017
Passport sent: 11/19/2017
Passport received by Ottawa: 11/21/2017.
Return tracker did not activate till date. I called Cic and they very politely informed me expect delays. This is holiday reason. I questioned back asking how long, she said this an estimate can be more or less, keep 3weeks from the day your passport was received.I informed her my reason of travel is not vacation but to attend my ailing mother surgery. She then said, in this case you can send out instruction for Urgent Processing. She emailed me with information on how to proceed.
I yesterday followed the instruction and submitted a case specific request for urgent processing with Letter of explanation and Doctors letter.

In short if we see the trend on how they are handling applications I feel it will be 10th or + by the time I get my passport.
If you get any update OR your tracker gets activated please
Thanks

tutu87

Nov 24, 2017
Hi,
Give yourself 3weeks.
My Timeline
Applied Online: 11/05/2017, got the Application number same day.
Passport request: 11/18/2017
Passport sent: 11/19/2017
Passport received by Ottawa: 11/21/2017.
Return tracker did not activate till date. I called Cic and they very politely informed me expect delays. This is holiday reason. I questioned back asking how long, she said this an estimate can be more or less, keep 3weeks from the day your passport was received.I informed her my reason of travel is not vacation but to attend my ailing mother surgery. She then said, in this case you can send out instruction for Urgent Processing. She emailed me with information on how to proceed.
I yesterday followed the instruction and submitted a case specific request for urgent processing with Letter of explanation and Doctors letter.

In short if we see the trend on how they are handling applications I feel it will be 10th or + by the time I get my passport.
If you get any update OR your tracker gets activated please
Thanks
Hi,
I just wanted to confirm, are you saying the whole process takes 3 weeks or 3 weeks from when you send your passport. An agent also sent me an email directing me to the website of the case processing centre in Ottawa. Is this the same email you sent your request to?
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Have you heard back from them yet? I'm waiting for supporting documents from my parents to attach to the email I'll be sending to them because I heard that helps too.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
The agent clearly said 3 weeks from Passport request.
I called them, the agent while being on call re confirmed my email and sent out an email to me.
In that email is a link which to IRCC website, which when opened, on left hand says IRCC when click on it you will have a weblink to send out a webmail form.
Yes, it took them 3 days after sending to email me back..
They confirmed my application and Passport was received..
Subsequently approval was done..
Processing time are longer than usual, but they will do their best to expedite and process my application as early as possible.

Atleast now i know they ready my case specific letter.
Also keeping other threads and people who applied in NOV timeline. I think its 3 weeks from Passport delivered to Ottawa to be dispatched back.
If that is the math, hoping i get it next week any time.

coca

Nov 13, 2017
It takes 4 weeks now (from the date they received your passport but not the date it was delivered to Ottawa since it would only be received by CIC after several days your passport was mailed to Ottawa). I mailed my passport on Nov 4th, delivered to Ottawa on Nov 7th, received by them on Nov 15th (Yes, it's crazy. It took them 8 days to get my passport into their office), status changed on Nov 24th but haven't had my tracker activated yet. They told me yesterday it was still in the queue for printing!

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I applied on Oct 10, is it normal to be still waiting? I am too stressed, i travelled so i am in Turkey now. I cant go back to work until i get my TRV. I thought it would just take 14 daya since last year i got visa in 14 days! Bit

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
Hi

applied forvisitor extension on 28 nov
left country on same day
where will i send my passport if requested? in my home country or ottawa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

applied forvisitor extension on 28 nov
left country on same day
where will i send my passport if requested? in my home country or ottawa
Did you apply for a new TRV? If yes, you can find advice for a similar situation here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-passport-stamping.530933/

If you applied to extend your stay then your visitor status lapsed as soon as you left Canada. You will not get a passport request. If you return, it will be considered as a new TRV entry

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadaEHCabada

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
@Bryanna hi

I have a big question. I have a valid PGWP. I have been in Canada for 4 years and left on sep to meet family. When i was applying for TRV i was in Iran. But i put Canada as my residence bcz in my passport residence is Canada and i live there. But i was not in canada at that time af application.

But in the axplanation letter i told them what happened. But still, is there any chance i get rejected for this reason?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna hi

I have a big question. I have a valid PGWP. I have been in Canada for 4 years and left on sep to meet family. When i was applying for TRV i was in Iran. But i put Canada as my residence bcz in my passport residence is Canada and i live there. But i was not in canada at that time af application.

But in the axplanation letter i told them what happened. But still, is there any chance i get rejected for this reason?
Unfortunately, you're overthinking. Your TRV won't be refused for this reason

Reactions: CanadaEHCabada

tutu87

Nov 24, 2017
Application sent online/Confirmation: Nov 29th
Application received: Nov 29th
passport requested and sent: Dec 5th
passport received by CPP: Dec 6th

Hopefully, I get my passport returned to me on time. Please post on here to let us know when you receive your passport, to keep track.
Thanks.

roadrunner21

Dec 8, 2017
I have applied for a TRV and exactly on the 15th day since I submitted my application they sent me the result which is very unfortunate because the result was refused. Now I am reapplying again.