+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejected, does it affect future chances?

pp5685

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

Last year my GF(Chinese) applied for a visitor visa but was rejected, reason being:"Supporting documents provided has not demonstrated sufficient establishment and/or ties to motivate return. I am not satisfied that the applicant will be motivated to depart Canada, nor that sufficient funds exist for this visit."

GF background: 15k $ in the account when she applied. Lives with her parents, is legally single, only been to southeast Asia, owns a car, has a regular 9-5 job.

She used an agent to handle the application stuff, and the agent suggested that she does not mention me (PR, college student) at all in the cover letter, the cover letter only states she wants to visit some famous sights in Canada. It was very poorly written in my opinion, very bad English. Now she's worried that if she applies again she's going to get rejected again and future applications are all going to fail.

Problem is she can't buy a house or make a lot of money short term, so my questions are as follow:
1. Is there any way to show officer that she has enough ties in China?
2. Does one failed application greatly affect future applications?
3. Would it help if she applies for US visitor visa for now to show that she can make a trip to developed countries and come back?

Thanks!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
1. Is there any way to show officer that she has enough ties in China?
Many ways. How long has she been in this 9-5 job? Did she include a letter from her work stating when she is expected back and why? You have to think of ways of showing she has a life to come back to China. Hopefully she only asked for 2 weeks vacation.

It seems fishy that she is travelling to Canada out of the blue. Why Canada and not the USA or Europe? "sightseeing" seems a weak reason.

2. Does one failed application greatly affect future applications?
Depends on the reason. It is not the same you get a rejection for lack of documentation than to get one for lying in it.

It affects. Her next application will be closely scrutinized.

3. Would it help if she applies for US visitor visa for now to show that she can make a trip to developed countries and come back?
Yup.