+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA REFUSED TO SEE CANADIAN BF :( :(

ayshab

Apr 25, 2018
hi i need help :(

I am a 23 y/o female from mumbai, india and my bf is canadian and lives in Nova Scotia. In jan, i applied for TRV (purpose: visit friend) to go visit him for 8 days but it got refused stating "lack of ties to home country and travel history" I have travelled to the us, uk, europe and lots of asian countries before. I am a student and attached a bonafide letter from my uni stating i am granted leave for those dates as well. My bf sent an invitation letter which was even notarised. I do not have a job so my parents were sponsoring the trip. Gave all their tax papers and bank statement and a letter stating that they are sponsoring my trip to canada. After the first refusal i re-applied but again refused. :( It is April now and i really want to go visit him in june. What can i do ? Options i am thinking of:

1. Applying with my parents as a holiday
2. Getting a job appointment letter and then applying as proof that i will come back and start after this graduation trip (i graduate 1st june)

ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :( thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have travelled to the us, uk, europe and lots of asian countries before.
For your previous visits to other countries, you were/still are dependent on your parents for financial support + you don't have strong ties to return home to (Read: Employment + property ownership + dependent parents/siblings, etc)

I am a student and attached a bonafide letter from my uni stating i am granted leave for those dates as well.
You should have also included tuition fee receipts + latest transcripts/mark sheets + student ID + proofs that your examinations were scheduled after your Canada visit, etc

My bf sent an invitation letter which was even notarised.
Notarization does not help. It cannot be legally enforced to ensure that someone will return to India.

I do not have a job so my parents were sponsoring the trip. Gave all their tax papers and bank statement and a letter stating that they are sponsoring my trip to canada. After the first refusal i re-applied but again refused. :( It is April now and i really want to go visit him in june. What can i do ?
This is not what you'd like to hear. IMO, you must defer your visit to at least until the end of this year. If you reapply shortly for the third time, the chances of another refusal are high.

My reasoning for this:
1. You had probably declared your relationship/provided evidence of your relationship in the invitation letter. IRCC would likely see you as a potential overstayer because of your relationship to your bf.

2. You are a recent graduate = No new study ties/ not enrolled in another study program that would compel you to return to India.

3. You do not have any employment ties. Including an offer of employment will not work because such offers can be cancelled later.

Options i am thinking of:

1. Applying with my parents as a holiday
This might be a red flag. It would be obvious you are reapplying with your parents only to *get* your TRV + it's obvious that your parents are not visiting to meet your bf.

Applying with your parents will not improve your chances of approval as you - as an individual applicant - do not have strong ties to return to. Your parents have employment and other ties, but you don't.

2. Getting a job appointment letter and then applying as proof that i will come back and start after this graduation trip (i graduate 1st june)
It does not work this way. You would need to work for at least 6-7 months to indicate a stable employment situation + reasonable finances earned through your employment before you reapply

ayshab

Apr 25, 2018
thanks for your response:
1) i havent mentioned bf or given any proof of relationship.. mentioned visit friend as purpose.
2) my parents have friends in another state in canada and could visit them with me but wont come to ns.
3) i believe my case has been purely discriminated against for no reason. Just because im single and 23? cant a girl go for a grad trip before starting to work?
4) i could ask my parents to transfer some property in my name before applying again.
5) i did submit all docs from my uni even student id and official letter stating that its mandatory for me to return in order to be eligible for graduation on june 1st.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) i havent mentioned bf or given any proof of relationship.. mentioned visit friend as purpose.
That's good although it is always best to be honest in interactions with IRCC.

2) my parents have friends in another state in canada and could visit them with me but wont come to ns.
Like I had explained earlier, if your parents apply with you, it would be pretty obvious why they are applying + they have strong ties to return to India, whereas you don't have any reasons to return to India at the end of your visit.

Also, the visa officer may not be convinced that you will spend time/money to travel halfway across the globe for a very short 8-day visit, especially when you do not have any compelling reasons to return home to.

3) i believe my case has been purely discriminated against for no reason. Just because im single and 23? cant a girl go for a grad trip before starting to work?
Generally speaking, I'm surprised when applicants incorrectly believe they have been discriminated against and/or they believe they are eligible for visas even if they have don't have personal finances + don't have strong ties to return to.

Think of it like this: It's similar to inviting guests home. No one will allow someone to enter his/her home without being sure about the credentials of that person and without being sure that the person is a bona fide visitor.

To answer your question:
Wanting to visit before you start work is not the same as wanting to visit when you are in stable employment.

4) i could ask my parents to transfer some property in my name before applying again.
Again, this would be seen as a last-minute idea to *create* a tie. Also, property is not an active tie that requires someone to return to his/her country by a specific date.

Reactions: jddd

ayshab

Apr 25, 2018
are u saying fresh grads don't/ can't take trips across the world? on their parents money? are u saying if, suppose, i were to say i don't want to get a job ever in life because my parents have enough to finance me, that i can never travel to any country? im not saying thats the case but its unfair... what about sugar babies whose sugar daddies sponsor their whole lifestyle? getting a job should'nt be a prerequisite for travel.

My parents have declared their funds and thats more than enough to fund a vacation to canada... why would i want to illegally overstay and immigrate to canada and do all of that bs? i just want to visit my bf over summer for 15 days and its incredibly sad why its got to be such a huge hassle especially since ive been to so many "first world" countries and come back home each time. If i had to stay why wouldnt i overstay in the uk? or usa? why now? why canada? My ageing parents aren't strong enough ties to return to??? What kind of only child would abandon their parents and immigrate to another country?

its all super confusing. i might be venting but none of it makes sense.

Reactions: Janhvi9191

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
are u saying fresh grads don't/ can't take trips across the world? on their parents money? are u saying if, suppose, i were to say i don't want to get a job ever in life because my parents have enough to finance me, that i can never travel to any country? im not saying thats the case but its unfair... what about sugar babies whose sugar daddies sponsor their whole lifestyle? getting a job should'nt be a prerequisite for travel.

My parents have declared their funds and thats more than enough to fund a vacation to canada... why would i want to illegally overstay and immigrate to canada and do all of that bs? i just want to visit my bf over summer for 15 days and its incredibly sad why its got to be such a huge hassle especially since ive been to so many "first world" countries and come back home each time. If i had to stay why wouldnt i overstay in the uk? or usa? why now? why canada? My ageing parents aren't strong enough ties to return to??? What kind of only child would abandon their parents and immigrate to another country?

None of that.

Canada is a difficult tourist visa to apply for. To them, it's on the onus of the applicant to prove their ties, the strongest of which are financial ties (employment, savings, assets) in the applicant's own name.

I've seen someone who's travelled to like a hundred countries, as a self-described nomad, get denied for a Canadian TRV. They usually don't like someone with volatile ties. It just goes to show that economic ties are far more important than travel history.

It is also harder for an applicant who is visiting a Canadian partner because it is assumed they will want to stay in Canada long-term, especially since you have no work to return to. You can mention your intent that you won't overstay all you want, but if you can't back it up with any sort of concrete evidence, how will the officer believe you? It's also easier to abandon studies compared to, say, a well-paying job. Also, even if you mentioned your BF as simply a "friend", the officer will assume there are romantic ties because he is a man.

Last edited:

Janhvi9191

Jan 28, 2019

My friend's visa got rejected because of the same issue. My sister's visa got rejected because of the same issue. And for the same reason, I'm hesitant to apply one for myself. Don't want to waste visa fee if I know I'll surely get rejected.
I am not even a fresh graduate. If I haven't worked in my own country and still am living a well-off life because of inherited money, why would I want to live illegally in some other country and live like a nomad there? It's like they decide without even going through the whole appliaction that they would prevent any unemployed, young and able-bodied male/female from South and South-East Asia from entering their country.

Anyway, if you read this, do let me know if you managed to get the visa or not.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
My friend's visa got rejected because of the same issue. My sister's visa got rejected because of the same issue. And for the same reason, I'm hesitant to apply one for myself. Don't want to waste visa fee if I know I'll surely get rejected.
I am not even a fresh graduate. If I haven't worked in my own country and still am living a well-off life because of inherited money, why would I want to live illegally in some other country and live like a nomad there? It's like they decide without even going through the whole appliaction that they would prevent any unemployed, young and able-bodied male/female from South and South-East Asia from entering their country.

Anyway, if you read this, do let me know if you managed to get the visa or not.
Unfortunately, many “well-off” people are able to acquire TRVs and still end up claiming asylum. The screening evolves based on IRCC data. Again, unfortunate but it’s reality. Best of luck on your application should you go ahead.

Reactions: Bryanna

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Trust me, Young people are exploiting TRV's. They are going there (canada) with Visitor visa to find the work permit there. I know 100s of them. THis is the reason Canada Immigration dept. is suspecting everyone. Not your fault at all.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

The way Canada views it you are an adult now (I'm assuming you are over 18). I know how in Indian cultures what's your parents is yours and vice versa but that's not the way it works in Canada. At the age of 18 many are kicked out of the house to fend for themselves. Your parents are under no legal obligation to continue to fund your travel. Lets say they disapprove of your boyfriend and cut you off, would you be able to survive in Canada with your own finances? Same thing, what if your sugar daddy breaks it off, you need to be able to stand on your own two feet.

To answer your question about why would you want to overstay in Canada and not other countries, did you have a boyfriend in other countries too? As for leaving your parents, if it works out with your bf what would be your intention then? Have your bf move back to India? Do you not see how having a boyfriend in a country can increase your chances of overstaying?

Edit: and in a way people from south east Asian countries do get discriminated against....its because of all the people in the past from those countries who abused the system. My dads generation did for sure.....im glad because I was able to be born here...but when filing for my wifes trv I had problems...it would have been easier had she been from a visa exempt country.