+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused!!! Help!!!

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi. I submitted an application for me and my sister to visit Canada. I just got a message today that my visa was approved, but my sister was refused? The reasons are:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Insufficient information provided with regards to status/current activities in stated country of residence

But I'm the one who did the main application, and my sister is just a family member who came with me. The online application for my sis required fewer documents than mine, as a family member. Is this the problem? Should I reapply for her?

I had submitted a LOE for my purpose of visit, but only for my application, but not my sister's because the application didn't ask for that. I also submitted my sister's I-20, which is proof of international student in the U.S. along with her school schedule for Spring Semester. Generally, I submitted all same documents for both applications.

Can someone give me advice? Should I order GCMS notes for her case?

Many thanks.

HockeySucks

Jan 23, 2019
Reactions: bellaluna

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
As per the guide (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html), "family members" are spouse, dependent children, and dependent grandchildren. Siblings are NOT "family members". Resubmit your sister's application as an individual and include the missing information. Maybe add a cover letter explaining what happened.

GL
Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for your reply. Because the questionnaire asked that if any family member comes with me, so I just thought that my sister is also my family because we're blood-related. Maybe that's the problem.

Reactions: Ibuoye

gmalh12

Jan 12, 2016
#12 minutes ago
Hi,

My mother's Visitor visa(From India) got rejected twice. 1st rejection was on 13th Dec and 2nd was on 25th Jan.

Reason- Same reason on both the occasions In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history immigration status in country of residence Family ties in Canada and in country of residence Length of proposed stay in Canada Purpose of

Purpose of visit- Reason, twice.
2nd time it got rejected on the same day when we had completed her biomatrics.

2nd time I have applied for 4 weeks instead of 3 months stay at Calgary with strong bank balance, own house, independent, property, children at home country, pensions, medical card of center govt of India, US and UK visa (returned before 3 months to home country. PR, invitation and bank statement of a relative, detailed linearity, reapplication with strong intention to come back.

I am not sure what is the reason what should I do? I am thing to wait for 3-4 months before I apply again.

Please suggest, need in a desperate help

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
#12 minutes ago
Hi,

My mother's Visitor visa(From India) got rejected twice. 1st rejection was on 13th Dec and 2nd was on 25th Jan.

Reason- Same reason on both the occasions In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history immigration status in country of residence Family ties in Canada and in country of residence Length of proposed stay in Canada Purpose of

Purpose of visit- Reason, twice.
2nd time it got rejected on the same day when we had completed her biomatrics.

2nd time I have applied for 4 weeks instead of 3 months stay at Calgary with strong bank balance, own house, independent, property, children at home country, pensions, medical card of center govt of India, US and UK visa (returned before 3 months to home country. PR, invitation and bank statement of a relative, detailed linearity, reapplication with strong intention to come back.

I am not sure what is the reason what should I do? I am thing to wait for 3-4 months before I apply again.

Please suggest, need in a desperate help
I think you should try order the GCMS notes. They'll let ya know the reasons in details.