+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refusal..... Next steps

Rerouting

Aug 11, 2019
Hi,
I recently applied for Visa for my mother in law and it got rejected. She was supposed to travel along with my wife (has visa) from my home country. (6 weeks)
The reason i got is the travel purpose (family visit) and ties in Home country and Canada.
She is a housewife and doesn't have a job and considerable property as such. Thats a downside.

However, i showed my finances. I also stated that her husband and son are going to stay back and she will return.

What should be my next steps? and is corona virus affecting Visa approval.
My plan...
1. Rewrite invitation and clearly state she will return and get it notarized.
2. Affidavit from my mother in law stating she will return
3. Attaching some property docs (very few)
4. Purpose of travel: to visit canada and tourism to nearby places (instead of just family visit)

Anything else i can do to show better ties? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Notarizing a letter or providing an affidavit won't make a difference, it's not enforceable by Canada.

Provide clear and incontrovertible reasons why she must leave Canada. Obligations at home, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is your wife’s current status? How long did your mother ask to stay? The fact that you recently had a child may be the reason. There may be concerns that she wants to remain longterm to do childcare. She has to be the one showing financial resources to pay for her travel. Her husband can show financial support.

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
My mum's visitor Visa was rejected. I have received te decision letter. And my mum has travel history. She has been to Canada 3 times. I dont know what to do

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I tried to link my account today. But I put in wrong information too much. And it locked for 24 hours. So I ll check tomorrow. Hopefully I ll see letter
I just linked the account online. I checked. It saying application still in process. How can that be when they already sent my mum passport back to her

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is on visitor record till July 2021. My mother in law asked for 6 weeks stay.
6 weeks is a long time. Your MIL has to show her own finances. If you mentioned a new baby there may be concerns she is hereto be a caregiver which would mean working.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just linked the account online. I checked. It saying application still in process. How can that be when they already sent my mum passport back to her
How long has your mother visited for and how recently? Is she from a country where there have been increased asylum seekers like Nigeria, Ghana and some other west African country? What was the reason for her travel and how long did she request to stay? Has she been able to show she can support her own travels and visit financially.

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
How long has your mother visited for and how recently? Is she from a country where there have been increased asylum seekers like Nigeria, Ghana and some other west African country? What was the reason for her travel and how long did she request to stay? Has she been able to show she can support her own travels and visit financially.
The first time she came was 2011 she stayed 6months. Then jer visa expired. We applied again. She was given 3years
She came in 2013, stayed 3months. Then came again in 2015. Then I applied for extension of stay was approved. She stayed and left before the time of extension even reached. That was in 2017. Now we applied and got rejected. I dont understand.