+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA or Spouse PR for wife ??

paul84

Mar 8, 2015
Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada. I am planning to get married next year mid. I have heard that the Spouse PR takes more than a year to complete. Is there a way I can bring my wife early for some months (for 4 to 6 months) after marriage on a visitor VISA ? Then, while she is on a visitor VISA, I will apply for her spouse PR application.

Is it possible ? If not is there any other way to bring her early on a temporary basis while her PR application is in process. Please provide some suggestions. She is currently doing a job in India.

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
Hi, Paul.

I think me and your fiancée were in the same position. My now husband and I got married in the US last year and after our honeymoon, I came here on a tourist visa. He is a permanent resident. I applied for my visa months before we got married. I am now living with him and we have sent our sponsorship application.

So to answer your question, yes, she can definitely come here with you on a tourist visa but you have to prove that she has strong ties to her home country and that she will not stay here illegally. You also have to note that she can't work while she's here so you have to prove that you can support her while she's here or that she has more than enough money to support herself.

Good luck!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
As mentioned by boopityboo, as long as you show substantial proof that she will go back after the trip she will be able to apply for a visit visa.
That said, it is suggested to apply for visit visa after getting SA approval or even after getting a file number from NDVO because if for any reason the visit visa is rejected before your PR application you will have to mention it on the PR application and could potentially cause a red flag.

Mar 10, 2015
hii
my husband is permanent resident in canada.we appiled for pr on november 3 2014.now we applied visiting visa on 25th of feb 2015.can anyone tell me will i get visit visa????

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
Hi, Renuka.

The thing is no one can tell you that you will definitely get a visit visa or not. Everyone's case and situation
is different from everyone else so there can never be any guarantees. It all depends on your application and on the VO reviewing your case.

I can tell you though that there is no harm in trying. I have read of some that have been approved and some that have been denied. You just have to make a strong case and prove that you just want to visit temporarily and not stay illegally for prolonged periods.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Renuka chowdary U said:
hii
my husband is permanent resident in canada.we appiled for pr on november 3 2014.now we applied visiting visa on 25th of feb 2015.can anyone tell me will i get visit visa????
Hi Renuka, I just wanted to check what was the result of your application for visitor visa ?

paul84

Mar 8, 2015
My wife has a valid Canada work permit (Intra Company Transfer) till 2018 processed by her employer. But since her employer is not able to provide any projects for Canada right now, she is waiting for last 6 months to travel to Canada.
We thought of applying for a Visitor Visa and prepared all the documents but when we went to the VFS Global office in Kolkata to submit the visitor visa application, they said that she cannot have 2 different visas at the same time and if her visitor visa is granted then the existing work permit may be cancelled by CIC. Is it true ?

We are doing this because I am a Canadian Permanent Resident. We shall be submitting her Spousal Sponsorship application this month.

Please reply and suggest what needs to be done. Tanks in advance.

BenhurBosco

May 20, 2019
I am Canadian PR and would like for my wife to visit me. She currently lives in India. Is she eligible to apply for a visit visa? My concern is that how much ever we prove that she will return, the possibility that she will stay here is even greater given the fact that I am PR here. How do I get around this? Or is it better to just apply for the PR from there and then apply for the visit Visa? In that case, wouldn't the intent to remain in Canada be all the more clear, hence not warranting a visit visa?

It's all just so confusing. Some clarity would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Canadian PR and would like for my wife to visit me. She currently lives in India. Is she eligible to apply for a visit visa? My concern is that how much ever we prove that she will return, the possibility that she will stay here is even greater given the fact that I am PR here. How do I get around this? Or is it better to just apply for the PR from there and then apply for the visit Visa? In that case, wouldn't the intent to remain in Canada be all the more clear, hence not warranting a visit visa?

It's all just so confusing. Some clarity would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
If you are married there will always be concerns that she will remain in Canada. Does she have a decent paying longterm job, has she travelled abroad to other countries that require a visa like Australia, UK, US, etc. Does she have good savings in her name? Does she have other strong ties to show that she will return to India like property, dependent family members, future commitments, etc. Why haven’t you applied for sponsorship yet? If she has a strong ties you can apply for a TRV and postpone filing to see if you can file for inland sponsorship. The chances are not good. The best bet is to apply for Outland sponsorship as soon as possible and start the process since it will take around a year. Most who are able to file inland got their TRV before getting married. There are random cases where TRVs get approved after marriage but they are rare.

BenhurBosco

May 20, 2019
If you are married there will always be concerns that she will remain in Canada. Does she have a decent paying longterm job, has she travelled abroad to other countries that require a visa like Australia, UK, US, etc. Does she have good savings in her name? Does she have other strong ties to show that she will return to India like property, dependent family members, future commitments, etc. Why haven’t you applied for sponsorship yet? If she has a strong ties you can apply for a TRV and postpone filing to see if you can file for inland sponsorship. The chances are not good. The best bet is to apply for Outland sponsorship as soon as possible and start the process since it will take around a year. Most who are able to file inland got their TRV before getting married. There are random cases where TRVs get approved after marriage but they are rare.
Thought as much. The reason I haven't applied as of yet is cause I lost my job a few days before the marriage. Since my PR is independent of my employment I've got no issues staying here. But then I still have to be financially sound enough to sponsor her. It will probably take a few months to get there. That's when I plan on applying. As for her she is self-employed back in India, and well settled with agricultural lands and other properties. She hasn't traveled at all, this will be her first time abroad. I think the second route of applying for a PR from India then applying for a TRV might help. That way there is a guarantee that even if she enters Canada she wouldn't overstay or do anything adverse that would affect the PR application. Added to that is the fact that she has strong ties in India.

Thoughts please and thanks a bunch.

Ben