+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa online - letter of offer vs letter of acceptance (& some questions)

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
Hello people,

I am applying for a visitor visa for a short term part time study in Canada (3 months)
I am applying online so I was answering the eligibility questions and in the personal document checklist it's written that I am required to provide a Recent Education Transcript.. is this usually needed for applying a visitor visa for a short term study?

Also the letter of invitation is required.. I will be staying in a hotel not with someone inviting me - what should I do in this section?

Also, I received a letter of offer from Simon fraser university that I have been accepted to apply for their workshop after passing their assessment test.. so is this letter of offer regarded as letter of acceptance ???

Lastly, in the purpose of travel its written that I can provide proof of medical appointment - Is the medical appointment even required for a visitor visa ??

THank you ;) :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
lina94 said:
Hello people,

I am applying for a visitor visa for a short term part time study in Canada (3 months)
I am applying online so I was answering the eligibility questions and in the personal document checklist it's written that I am required to provide a Recent Education Transcript.. is this usually needed for applying a visitor visa for a short term study?

Also the letter of invitation is required.. I will be staying in a hotel not with someone inviting me - what should I do in this section?

Also, I received a letter of offer from Simon fraser university that I have been accepted to apply for their workshop after passing their assessment test.. so is this letter of offer regarded as letter of acceptance ???

Lastly, in the purpose of travel its written that I can provide proof of medical appointment - Is the medical appointment even required for a visitor visa ??

Those are documents that are not requested for TRVs... most likely you will like to double check where you got that checklist. Make sure to use the tool:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
lina94 said:
Hello people,

Don't answer the questionnaire with any indication of studying. Just choose visiting.
But when you upload your documents, you can include the letter of offer.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This type of short term attendance of university does not fall under study permit, Apply as visitor
1. Instead of letter of invitation present SFU letter of offer and also show hotel bookings (if you can get with no cancellation charge policy)
2. Write covering letter and explain the reason for attending SFU for what ever reason, also show links to home country and funds available.
3. Share your outcome for the benefit of house
Good Luck