+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa no response yet

gbeee

Jun 25, 2019
Fees cannot be withdrawn.

Processing times posted on the website are estimates and not a promise or guarantee.

Not sure why the department is incompetent? Each application is different. Some countries take longer to provide background information when requested by Canada. Some countries, like the one being discussed here, have issues as a whole (here being a country who produced too many fraudulent documents) resulting to all of its citizens being held under more stringent scrutiny.
p.s not trying to withdraw fees just hoping if i could withdraw application and be able to use the fees on my next application .i.e if i ever apply again

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
i get your point and i even agree with it to some extent. Not trying to go on a rant or a vent out session ,i mean i would have no problem with whatever the outcome to the file VO gives .... its just that there should be a provision where i could request that they let me withdraw application since my purpose is no longer valid & i wont be needing the visa as it is.. so in future i could use the fees again and also not ruin my file by a rejection because vo process took so long that my purpose was no longer a valid one.
I think we all wish we could withdraw an application and get our money back if our applications were to be rejected or in your case the purpose will not be served anymore but the fees pay for processing our applications. As soon as they start processing our applications and spending the money we paid to gather background checks and any other things they need to decide the outcome, those fees are used.

I guess the lesson in your case is not to wait until much later to apply for a visa? No offence but weddings (well those that we need to fly across the world for) are big right? Meaning it has been in the works for months? Next time there is a big event, apply for the visa as soon as the date is set. Still not a guarantee but may work out better. I hope you get your answer in time though. Good luck.

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the Globe and Mail article posted above:

Didn't think tourist visa approval rates for any country would dip to below 50%, so yikes.
Yeah, that's shockingly low.