+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Help Please!!!!

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Hi, I need experts help here!

I want to call my Mother on visitor visa to Canada. She is a pensioner and have no land or property on her name. She has some fixed deposits in the bank (CAD $4000) and funds in bank (CAD $1500). She lives with my uncle at the moment. I am a citizen here in Canada, my brother is also here in Canada. Only my sister is in India and she is married. Her pension renewal comes in August each year. So I am planning to put visa file in July stating she need to come back for pension renewal in August. Now my questions are:

1. Does she need more money to show support for her trip? If yes, how can she increase the balance in bank because they will look at the source of income.

2. Does visitor visa always granted for 6 months??

3. I will be providing financial support to her as well which I will mention in invitation letter; however, is there any other strong ties I can show for her to return to India except pension renewal?

Experts!!!! Please help with this!!!
Thank you.

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
When the visitor visa is granted it is set for a specific time that they have to enter the country by. It is up the to person at passport control how long they will get it for. If there is a stamp and no date then she is good for 8 months.

Apply for a short term stay like two weeks. You can always extend once she is in the country. It might be better to apply for a super visa, she can stay for two years without renewing.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
davek1979 said:
When the visitor visa is granted it is set for a specific time that they have to enter the country by. It is up the to person at passport control how long they will get it for. If there is a stamp and no date then she is good for 8 months.
It is 6 months.

davek1979 said:
Apply for a short term stay like two weeks. You can always extend once she is in the country.
Please do not advise on how to decieve Canada Immigration.

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you so much for the replies; however, please advise regarding the proof of financial support. I really need help in that direction.

I checked for supervisa requirements and the low income cut off is the issue for me at the moment.

Please help!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your mom's finances are on the very low side. Any transfer of funds from you/your brother will not help as it will show greater financial dependence on you. Yes, the visa officer will consider the source of the funds in her accounts/investments.

Apart from this, your mom does not have any strong reasons to return to India. Her family ties to Canada far outweigh those to India (as your sister is married, she is not a dependent family member).

I'm guessing that her pension is not much either.... which again does not make it a strong financial reason for her to return.

You may want to consider applying for a super visa instead if you meet LICO. However, even for a super visa, your mom must still prove she has strong ties to India. Unfortunately, she does not have any

Cheers

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you so much for the advice. Do you have any suggestions other than the Supervisa file?

Please let me know what other things matters in case of strong ties to home country?

cp30985

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am applying visitor visa for the of my Mom & Dad . However, I stumbled upon a question that I couldn't answer and comprehend

For question 9 'country where applying: same as country of residence' I had to answer no because I'm applying from India (they hold indian passport holder).

The next question is indicate the status in the country that you are applying . I also put down citizen as they are obviously a citizen of india.

What should I put the start date and end date of that question? shld i put birth date as that is when when became an Indian citizen (by birth). But what should i put for the end date?

and my mom is a home maker so what shkld i mention in the work ex.

Please Help

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
vyas1782 said:
Thank you so much for the advice. Do you have any suggestions other than the Supervisa file?

Please let me know what other things matters in case of strong ties to home country?
Maybe if you share more details about your mom's situation then we can advise better.

For example (whichever is applicable to her situation):
1. Since how long has your mom been staying with your uncle? Are there other family members in your uncle's household?

2. Does your mom take care of any financial aspect in your uncle's household? Or take care of a dependent family member?

3. Does your mom volunteer for charity/similar organizations (including religious ones)?

4. Can your mom prove that she must return to India by a specific date? Maybe a wedding in the immediate family (apart from the pension reason)?

5. Does your sister live in the same city as your mom? Does your mom take care of your sister's children when your sister is on holiday/working?

6. Are the FDs locked-in? Or is the interest credited to your mom's bank account on a regular basis?

Cheers