+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi Guys,

Quick question: do we need Medical exam for visitor visa ? it says no need if visit is less then 6 month, but my point is does in-front medical exam will make the application stronger ?

If yes, then my next question is, what documents do I have to carry for my in-front medical exam ?

thanks in advance.

canadaPR2016

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the author of the thread. My husband's PR application has been in progress since Sept. 2016 (under the spouse sponsorship category -I am a Canadian Citizen). We applied for visitor visa for him a few weeks ago and against all odds, it was approved. It is possible. You just need to know how to make a strong application.

I used what you mentioned here as a starting point and supplemented by my own research, put together a fail-proof application. I will start another thread with a list of all the documents we gathered, etc. to help those wanting to get visit visa for the spouse while awaiting PR approval.

It is possible.

Kudos to the author of this thread. :)

Edit: Here is my thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-while-waiting-for-pr.520770/

Last edited:
Reactions: XpressEnterprise

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
@rohitcan,

Ofcourse you can apply for TRV. Please read this forum carefully as it answers almost all the questions by everybody and also the document checklist needed for TRV application.

Please follow that and I am sure you will also get the TRV. My wife got 1 year multiple entry TRV for Canada while her PR is in process. So, it is absolutely possible to get TRV and lot of people in this forum have also got it.

Cheers,
Vinod
hi vinod, was ur wife not working or house wife when u had applied for TRV? and while she was non working she got her TRV approved?

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
thanks so much tanny, we followed your list and got the trv!! really appreciate your help and all others who contributed to this thread.

Now as far as interview at the airport goes, do you guys know if there is a thread on that??
hey ur wife was working while u applied for the TRV?

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a complete Guidelines about the best approach to be with spouse in Canada (My to be Spouse lives in India).

I have PR status in Canada, I have a wedding planned in December 2017.

I am very curious and looking for help with your experiences.

What will be the best approach to bring my husband as soon to Canada?
(Few of my friends suggested after marriage go for Visitor visa, which would be easy to get since he is working in India)

What is the current waiting time to get PR for the spouse?
(If he can live with me a long waiting time is bearable but if he is living in India and am in Canada after marriage that's where the trouble begins).

I really appreciate to hear from you. or please forward me to appropriate thread that has similar discussions

Thanks is advance

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a complete Guidelines about the best approach to be with spouse in Canada (My to be Spouse lives in India).

I have PR status in Canada, I have a wedding planned in December 2017.

I am very curious and looking for help with your experiences.

What will be the best approach to bring my husband as soon to Canada?
(Few of my friends suggested after marriage go for Visitor visa, which would be easy to get since he is working in India)

What is the current waiting time to get PR for the spouse?
(If he can live with me a long waiting time is bearable but if he is living in India and am in Canada after marriage that's where the trouble begins).

I really appreciate to hear from you. or please forward me to appropriate thread that has similar discussions

Thanks is advance
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp

They're targetting 12m timelines right now. It's often faster but it is still a lengthy process that requires patience.

For visitor visas, I wouldn't rely on timelines on the website. Both times for an online application for visitor visa it was between 10-15 days but it took 3-4 months both times we applied.

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp

They're targetting 12m timelines right now. It's often faster but it is still a lengthy process that requires patience.

For visitor visas, I wouldn't rely on timelines on the website. Both times for an online application for visitor visa it was between 10-15 days but it took 3-4 months both times we applied.
which country are you from?........ I am worried if the TRV is taking 3-4 months

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the author of the thread. My husband's PR application has been in progress since Sept. 2016 (under the spouse sponsorship category -I am a Canadian Citizen). We applied for visitor visa for him a few weeks ago and against all odds, it was approved. It is possible. You just need to know how to make a strong application.

I used what you mentioned here as a starting point and supplemented by my own research, put together a fail-proof application. I will start another thread with a list of all the documents we gathered, etc. to help those wanting to get visit visa for the spouse while awaiting PR approval.

It is possible.

Kudos to the author of this thread. :)

Edit: Here is my thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-while-waiting-for-pr.520770/
Hi CanadaPR2016,
Your TRV was approved because your husband had business and employment back home along with the past travel history which was clean.
Congrats to you and your family!.

To all the visitor/member of this forum,
Can you please post if you have got TRV approved and you are NOT having employment at you home country?
Regards
PRapplicant 2017 Aug

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
You can still apply. Here are the docs that I have submitted and got success.

1. Job Letter.
2. Provided pay stubs for the past 12 months.
3. Bank Statements for the past 12 months.
4. Highlighted Dual Intent.
5. Booked confirmed tickets.
6. Duration i kept 20 days.
7. Purpose of visit - To spend time with me, and touring Canada.
8. Provided my NOAs for the past 7 years.
9. Provided my Property documents in Canada.
10. Proof of Funds.
11. Invitation Letter - Mine
12. Support Letter - Applicant
13. Proof of Relationship
14. Marriage Certificate
15. Medicals Acknowledgement
16. My Citizenship Certificate
17. Trip Photos
18. India Trip Tickets - Domestic travel.
19. Wedding Photos.

All the Best

BTW, what's the status of your spousal PR ?

hi newbee1990, Could you please let me know if you wife was working full time in India ? how did you show strong ties with india? in ur TRV application? did you submit your wife Office/employment leave letter? and recent ITR from INDIA?
Could you please let me know if you wife was working full time in India ? how did you show strong ties with india? in ur TRV application? did you submit your wife Office/employment leave letter? and recent ITR from INDIA?

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
Hello all, this probably will be the best morning so far after I left my family. I just came to know my wife has been granted 10 year multiple visa. I just want to thank this forum. I applied on June 21st, it was a paper application. All I can say right now to the applicants who haven't tried applying TRV after SA is that don't think too much it's worth a try.

Thanks

SPECIAL THANKS TO TANNY GIRL WHO STARTED THIS THREAD.
Hi,
Could you please let me know if you wife was working full time in India ? how did you show strong ties with india? in ur TRV application? did you submit your wife Office/employment leave letter? and recent ITR from INDIA? also if this was the first time of ur TRV did u not have any TRV rejection before?
Regards,
Kumud