+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Friends,
Need one help.

My Mother received Bio-Metrics letter on November 23 2020, but as VAC offices were closed in India Bio-Metrics cannot be done.
She got this message in it.

You must visit a biometric collection service point to have your fingerprints scanned and
photograph taken on or before Feb 23 2021.

If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

Can i still give Biometrics in Dubai., as the deadline is already crossed.?

Please Help.
yes, you can use the same bil letter to book appointment in dubai and go there to get it done. ircc will not issue a new bil letter. expired one is valid

jeenal

Apr 14, 2017
Hii, I have same situation I got PHAC approval already applied to visitor visa but haven't got eTa. It's been a week. Is anyone got any update??

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys,

I applied for TRV for my daughter who is 9 months old on Nov 12, 2020 online from outside Canada and me and my wife both are PR. Currently my wife is in India. The very same day they updated the status that we are processing your application after that no updates. So I submitted a web form 2 weeks back, here is the reply to that

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Any advise how can I get my application prioritized ?

jeenal

Apr 14, 2017
Guys,

I applied for TRV for my daughter who is 9 months old on Nov 12, 2020 online from outside Canada and me and my wife both are PR. Currently my wife is in India. The very same day they updated the status that we are processing your application after that no updates. So I submitted a web form 2 weeks back, here is the reply to that

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Any advise how can I get my application prioritized ?
Send your request for a written authorization to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Make sure you include
  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time
    • For example, if you’re coming to unite with an extended family member, include proof that your family member is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident and also include the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration. Make sure your family member follows the steps for completing the statutory declaration.
Make sure you email us all required information, including the completed and signed statutory declaration, in one email. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.
We’ll contact you within 14 business days of getting your complete request. If your request is missing required information, it may take us longer to respond.
If we approve your request for a written authorization, we’ll send it to the email address you used to contact us.
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other inquiries.

This is as per canada.ca
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

However, I feel like it's not helping I already email them it's been 7 business days. I already called IRCC not any specific answer provided.

Mayur mike

Mar 11, 2021
Can anyone suggest me with my daughters application who is 3 years old.

So, anybody who has any knowledge can please guide me on what further process to do now.

I had applied for SOWP for myself during March 2020 along with a visitor visa application for my daughter. It was paper based application.

My SOWP got approved during November 2020. However, I'm not able to link my daughters application online. I don't have any tracking UCI or application #. I've raised several web forms to known the case status. But everytime reply from IRCC takes more than 20 days and they give bogus replies.

I've tried to link on e-Cas tool also but it didn't work. Last response form web form was horrible saying that requested information is not matching thier records.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Send your request for a written authorization to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Make sure you include
  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time
    • For example, if you’re coming to unite with an extended family member, include proof that your family member is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident and also include the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration. Make sure your family member follows the steps for completing the statutory declaration.
Make sure you email us all required information, including the completed and signed statutory declaration, in one email. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.
We’ll contact you within 14 business days of getting your complete request. If your request is missing required information, it may take us longer to respond.
If we approve your request for a written authorization, we’ll send it to the email address you used to contact us.
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other inquiries.

This is as per canada.ca
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

However, I feel like it's not helping I already email them it's been 7 business days. I already called IRCC not any specific answer provided.
Ok thanks for your reply. I did email them with all the information to the above email id except the statutory declaration form which I believe is for an extended family member and my daughter is my immediate family member. Also I attached my daughter's passport and birth certificate and both of our PR Cards..I hope it should be fine.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
From where you did Biometrics?
Has anyone requested a refund for biometrics fee? This question is only for people who followed the PHAC route and directly travelled on Electronic travel authorization and couldn't appear for biometrics in India due to VFS closed. I'm in middle of visa extension application for my mother and since I answered NO to "have you previously provided biometrics for Canada" .i think they are going to ask us to give biometrics here in Canada .that being said, IRCC is going to charge biometric fee again.
Total fee for original TRV application: $185( $85 should be refunded here. Right ?)
Total fee for visa extension: $185
I was wondering if previous biometric fee can be refunded ?Can anyone shed light on this.
@Ajayparamesh @sb0821 @DK84 @canada810 @kool_suny @Soomeet007

Last edited:

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys,
I raised a web form back in Feb 2021 and they replied that they have all the required documents and are trying to finalize my application asap. But now I again received a reply for the same web form asking for more information on my application which I had already provided them before.
I don't understand what is IRCC doing.

Anusij@123

Feb 13, 2021
Hi all
My extended family member got phac approved. So how to apply for visitor visa. Is it through new IRCC portal or normal visa application please suggest

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hi all
My extended family member got phac approved. So how to apply for visitor visa. Is it through new IRCC portal or normal visa application please suggest
Hello ...

Replying based on my understanding..

1) you have to apply normal visitor VISA application with covid mentioned in one of the forms
2) Mention the reason in invitation letters/supporting documents, upload supporting docs for support
3) Mention the UCI number of submitted visitor visa application in mail to IRCC to grant single entry TRV.