+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
@sb0821 I am just concerned about not knowing something for certain. I am not sure if CIC is processing the application without biometrics. They have not clearly mentioned this in any form of communication and have not yet responded to inquiries made via web form.

- Could you please share process to apply for an extension?

- The dates are confirmed but the flight is not. I have submitted itinerary from Air Canada website alongwith a day by day plan which was submitted on the application initially.

It's strange how this request came. In the request letter the last date of submission is Dec 21 but on the documents section of the application it said "Replacement Requested' and was showing an overdue date of December 19th! Did you see something similar?

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
In the request letter the last date of submission is Dec 21 but on the documents section of the application it said "Replacement Requested' and was showing an overdue date of December 19th! Did you see something similar?

I had this same experience.
When I called CIC Customer service , they told me that they can't help, but to submit the itinerary at the earliest.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm Permanent Residents in Canada.

Purpose of Travel: To Reunite family

Duration of Travel: Approx . Feb or march to 2 months

Application date: December 12th 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: December 13th 2020

Biometrics completed: December 17th 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I just called up cic and they confirmed that the PHAC process also requires biometrics.
So basically no change in the situation. I thought this new approach will help skipping biometrics. Anyways, will keep waiting for VFS to start taking visitor applicants in India . COVID sucks.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
I thoug
So basically no change in the situation. I thought this new approach will help skipping biometrics. Anyways, will keep waiting for VFS to start taking visitor applicants in India . COVID sucks.
Yes I thought so as well. Let's see. If it happens without biometrics, will update here. Still good to go this route because less questions at border

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821 I am just concerned about not knowing something for certain. I am not sure if CIC is processing the application without biometrics. They have not clearly mentioned this in any form of communication and have not yet responded to inquiries made via web form.

- Could you please share process to apply for an extension?

- The dates are confirmed but the flight is not. I have submitted itinerary from Air Canada website alongwith a day by day plan which was submitted on the application initially.

It's strange how this request came. In the request letter the last date of submission is Dec 21 but on the documents section of the application it said "Replacement Requested' and was showing an overdue date of December 19th! Did you see something similar?
Sorry! I don't have any information about extension yet.

Virk786

Dec 21, 2020
Hi there !! Our time line is below!! Apply online on 7 Dec,2020 for visitor visa to attend Funeral Ceremony 30 Dec,2020. Applicant from India.

9 dec,2020. E-mail them to prioritize our application.

18 Dec,2020. Got response "ur PHAC letter is missing that's why we can't do expedited processing. If you wish to apply for it then after obtained. E-Mail us again with new information only at this point your application will be Reviewed".

We applied on 19 Dec,2020 for PHAC and got approval on 20 Dec,2020. We uploaded it via webform also E-mailed it with new info.

21 Dec,2020 got correspondence letter of BIOMETRICS and new update "we are reviewing ur eligibility requirements"....in GCKEY....

I just want to know does "Reviewing Eligibility means they are working on our file??"

If anyone can explain. Thanks in advance for ur kindness.

Virk786

Dec 21, 2020
We emailed them on 9 December...and on 18 December they said PHAC is missing , if u wish to apply for it and once obtained .. email us again...we got PHAC approval yesterday and upload it to file via web form and email them again with new updated information... today we got BIOMETRIC CORRESPONDENCE LETTER in GCKEY and our Eligibility Review Start.

Reactions: roshansimon

Virk786

Dec 21, 2020
We emailed them on 9 December...and on 18 December they said PHAC is missing , if u wish to apply for it and once obtained .. email us again...we got PHAC approval yesterday and upload it to file via web form and email them again with new updated information... today we got BIOMETRIC CORRESPONDENCE LETTER in GCKEY and our Eligibility Review Start.
But they will reply u back only if they think ur application matches the required criteria for E-mail.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Update:

When we contacted delhiimmigration, they said PHAC may or may not exempt biometrics. Ircc helpline in Canada set they will be required.